Imo stormblood is bad compared to heavensward and shadowbringers, im currently playing through both storm and shadow and i just cant care at all for the ala migo people, i honestly just cant, and lyse became such an insufferable character that i'll rather have her revert to who she was before

I'd like to see an Elementalist-type class in the game. Similar to a Black Mage/Summoner but with bits from the Ninja; the Elementalist could combine elements together for a variety of effects. It would be able to manifest a variety of elemental powers, drawing from the four "classical" elements of earth, fire, wind, and water, as well as their combinations.

Quest wise, it could have something to do with the elemental creatures of Eureka. The elemental Sprites seen around Eorzea could play a part too.

I'm working on such a concept currently. It's a work in progress. I'm drawing inspiration from the Elementalist class of Guild Wars 2, and the benders from the Avatar cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I gotta say, Asmongold streaming FFXIV today was quite entertaining. Tells you a lot about some companies when on the same day WoW's Lead Product Manager calls Asmongold an asshole publicly, SE got into Asmongold's Twitch chat and gifted subs even though he's not really a XIV streamer.

I'm not typically a fan of the Asmongold character, but he took XIV mostly seriously and almost certainly got the game some nice exposure given that the stream was hitting nearly 200k viewers at times.
    It really is a big brain move to insult the biggest name associated with your game while your #1 rival is welcoming him.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    It really is a big brain move to insult the biggest name associated with your game while your #1 rival is welcoming him.
    To be fair, I would be embarrased if Asmonsperg was associated with something I did. Or maybe it's just his followers who give a bad rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I gotta say, Asmongold streaming FFXIV today was quite entertaining. Tells you a lot about some companies when on the same day WoW's Lead Product Manager calls Asmongold an asshole publicly, SE got into Asmongold's Twitch chat and gifted subs even though he's not really a XIV streamer.

I'm not typically a fan of the Asmongold character, but he took XIV mostly seriously and almost certainly got the game some nice exposure given that the stream was hitting nearly 200k viewers at times.
    The stream was insanely entertaining to the point where I watched it on the side from start to finish while playing. Its a long time since I ve seen asmon having legit fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    To be fair, I would be embarrased if Asmonsperg was associated with something I did. Or maybe it's just his followers who give a bad rep.
    It's both. I've been told he's "grown" a little over the years, but I always judge streamers by their community, and Asmon's is about as low as they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The stream was insanely entertaining to the point where I watched it on the side from start to finish while playing. Its a long time since I ve seen asmon having legit fun.
    Yeah, it was genuinely surprising to see him really try and follow the story. He looked genuinely engaged. I loved his mild irritation at all the new names and the way some of the characters spoke. He really wasnt having any of it with the lallafels, though.

Im not sure which is gonna cause the bigger meltdown: Meeting Nanamo, or meeting Urianger. The only sad thing is we didnt have a zepla stream watching asmons stream. Her rage would have been off the charts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Im not sure which is gonna cause the bigger meltdown: Meeting Nanamo, or meeting Urianger.
    Uriangers use of English is always up for a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Really? I heard it was a giant shitshow of people swarming him and blocking his view and progress at points.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Really? I heard it was a giant shitshow of people swarming him and blocking his view and progress at points.
    It was at the start but once he learned how to get around that by changing some settings it became a lot better and it looked like people got bored at that point since they were essentially wasting their time and risking a harassment ban on top of it.

That Asmongold thing was a shitshow for no reason of his doing. But also telling that all the people going "we NEED to gatekeep him the fuck out of our game!" stream sniping him that got screenshotted were twitter bios with night elf headers and the usual sociopath warning sign "UwU softboy starwberry pastel milk" personas. Colour me not at all shocked. Seeing Blizzard employees goading it on like Adam Holisky was just gross.

Ironically the people screeching Asmon was going to bring a tidal wave of wowfugees to "shit up XIV with gatekeeper assholes" were the gatekeeper assholes themselves. Shame they themselves can't fuck off.

It was, it was. But weirdly, the one thing i thought he'd genuinely hate (constantly being pulled into cutscenes) turned out to be a kind of safe space where he could just absorb the game. I think he even directly referenced it at one point (about being a parent in a single bedroom house with seven kids, and just going to the car and having that moment of 'existing').

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    That Asmongold thing was a shitshow for no reason of his doing. But also telling that all the people going "we NEED to gatekeep him the fuck out of our game!" stream sniping him that got screenshotted were twitter bios with night elf headers and the usual sociopath warning sign "UwU softboy starwberry pastel milk" personas. Colour me not at all shocked. Seeing Blizzard employees goading it on like Adam Holisky was just gross.

Ironically the people screeching Asmon was going to bring a tidal wave of wowfugees to "shit up XIV with gatekeeper assholes" were the gatekeeper assholes themselves. Shame they themselves can't fuck off.
    Bro, was that on Twitter or something? If that's true, that's disgusting unprofessional behavior towards another company who respects and looks up to Blizzard, very publicly.

Edit: ok I was able to find the deleted tweet, not trash talking SE per se but Asmon. Still, the point remains I guess. Real petty to trash a long time supporter of your game who brings in thousands of views across multiple platforms.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2021-07-04 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's both. I've been told he's "grown" a little over the years, but I always judge streamers by their community, and Asmon's is about as low as they get.
    to be fair, even he hates that and discourages it often. I've watched his streams here adn there altho i'm not one of his "superfans" out there.

Honestly, i feel like his best commentary happens when he drops the character of Asmongold and posts as his IRL self. He knows his character is ridiculous, and he hates that sometimes.

Cant judge the dude by the very worst of his followers, because every major streamer has 'those' people in their sub community too, hell every major game does too.

I'll say this about Asmongold's FF14 stream.... dude had the patience of a SAINT to stay invested in FF14 with 10k people actively harrassing him to the point where i don't know how he even played or kept his composure.. but he did, and ill give him a lot of credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Bro, was that on Twitter or something? If that's true, that's disgusting unprofessional behavior towards another company who respects and looks up to Blizzard, very publicly.
    Yeah there was a right little clique going before it started getting talked about and all the accounts got set to private or straight up deleted.

Turns out being a company man hiding behind a "UwU evvery voiyce madders xD" softboy mask or twitch affiliate and actively campaigning for harassment isn't "good optics". Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    SE had nothing to do with it. It was the usual twitter mob.

I personally enjoyed watching this part of the community drowning in their own hypocrisy. preaching day and night 24/7 about acceptance etc
    But when asmon streams XIV "gatekeep and cancel the bald man because once upon a time he said he didnt like the aesthetic of the game so now we re going to make up things he never said"
    phew I cant handle all this acceptance man

WoW employee calling Asmongold an asshole for trying FF XIV

FF employee comes to stream and gift 200 subs in chat, his PC got laggy of all the notifications in chat.

Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wMw View Post
    WoW employee calling Asmongold an asshole for trying FF XIV

FF employee comes to stream and gift 200 subs in chat, his PC got laggy of all the notifications in chat.

Think about it
    While i don't doubt it because the WoW employee's have made insulting and condescending remarks towards the community more times than i can remember, but is it possible he's calling that person an asshole for trying to run asmongold off like that? I could read that tweet both ways. Yea, he could be calling as an asshole but he could easily be calling @Xylariavg the asshole because that IS an asshole comment

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    While i don't doubt it because the WoW employee's have made insulting and condescending remarks towards the community more times than i can remember, but is it possible he's calling that person an asshole for trying to run asmongold off like that? I could read that tweet both ways. Yea, he could be calling as an asshole but he could easily be calling @Xylariavg the asshole because that IS an asshole comment
    Had the asshole comment been about the idiot who made the gatekeeping tweet, I think it would have been " This guy is an asshole " instead, I think anyway, English isn't my native language but to me the fact that it says that instead of this implies that the asshole tweet is aimed at Asmongold.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Had the asshole comment been about the idiot who made the gatekeeping tweet, I think it would have been " This guy is an asshole " instead, I think anyway, English isn't my native language but to me the fact that it says that instead of this implies that the asshole tweet is aimed at Asmongold.
    It's vague tbh, and you could argue it either way. Especially since the comment in question is such a toxic comment, it legit could be either/or.

While i don't doubt it since blizz has a habit of this, this tweet could legit just be him calling @xylariavg an asshole for obvious reasons. Then again, maybe not since blizz has a habit of this and doesn't really like asmongold as much as they do someone like preach, or talieson.