Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    He can't though, since it's all timegated

9.1 as we got it would have been fine (still not great) had it come in March, April at most. But since we got it by the end of June, it feels pretty weak. I just hope that Taz is a mind blowing dungeon, otherwise the patch is already dead to me.
    How is it any weaker though? The gap between content might by bigger, but does it change anything? You can unsub as soon as you're done with the current tier and do other things instead, and sub again as soon as they release a patch. A bit of money left in the pocket. So it's bad because... you don't get your daily dose of crack soon enough?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    How is it any weaker though? The gap between content might by bigger, but does it change anything? You can unsub as soon as you're done with the current tier and do other things instead, and sub again as soon as they release a patch. A bit of money left in the pocket. So it's bad because... you don't get your daily dose of crack soon enough?
    Perception does play a lot into things. And the perception feels bad because of the delay and what was given. Is it bad compared to past stuff? Not really. But it isn't exceptional. I think the perception does hurt given both the delay and the content feeling a little lackluster. That could change once the rest of the maw is open starting with the reset tomorrow.

It does show that Blizzard might have to move away from the "zone" method of content. Even adding a few world quests and small things to the other zones would have helped immensely in my opinion. Given that world quests and callings are such a large part of the end game content now it is always silly that they get little to no attention. Or even covenant upgrades. There isn't much new things to do with Anima so those that fully upgraded have way to much.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Perception does play a lot into things. And the perception feels bad because of the delay and what was given. Is it bad compared to past stuff? Not really. But it isn't exceptional. I think the perception does hurt given both the delay and the content feeling a little lackluster. That could change once the rest of the maw is open starting with the reset tomorrow.

It does show that Blizzard might have to move away from the "zone" method of content. Even adding a few world quests and small things to the other zones would have helped immensely in my opinion. Given that world quests and callings are such a large part of the end game content now it is always silly that they get little to no attention. Or even covenant upgrades. There isn't much new things to do with Anima so those that fully upgraded have way to much.
    I just don't get the logic behind this. "If they had released it in April, I'd play it, but now I won't, because..." Because what? Did they hurt your feelings by delaying it, for whatever reason? Did you took offence or what? Well poor you, let me give you a hug.

Yes, it would have made a heck of a lot of sense to include a revamp of the Maw zone in particular. The only new content is the twice-weekly assaults. Sure everybody can mount and the eye is gone, but it's still oppressive, boring, and deeply, profoundly, un-fun.

Imagine a couple covenant-themed quest hubs, one for each major area, each with an intro quest string and weekly quests, and each major area transformed by that covenant battling to control it from the Jailer's minions. Night Fae area would have greenery, etc.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-07-05 at 03:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I just don't get the logic behind this. "If they had released it in April, I'd play it, but now I won't, because..." Because what? Did they hurt your feelings by delaying it, for whatever reason? Did you took offence or what? Well poor you, let me give you a hug.
    You don't understand how perception can influence feelings on something? You don't see how waiting for something to be met with disappointment can influence a persons desire to play? For someone getting aggressive over a forum post I would think it would be something you can understand. I don't need a hug, and I'm currently playing. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Curious, why would flying change anything about patch 9.1?
    Flying isn't content so if you don't like the content provided, why would flying save it?
    Can you unlock flying already?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Can you unlock flying already?
    Next week I think? Renown 44 isn't it? Don't know really... Don't really care for flying. I get it when it gets here. Just curious why flying is the reason to resun for the patch when flying is literally just there to transport you to the content he didn't like. Doesn't add up me
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't understand how perception can influence feelings on something? You don't see how waiting for something to be met with disappointment can influence a persons desire to play? For someone getting aggressive over a forum post I would think it would be something you can understand. I don't need a hug, and I'm currently playing. Lol.
    I didn't mean you specifically, rather all the people who for some reason see the patch as unworthy of playing because it came out late. As much as it's disappointing after the wait, it's still the same patch. It's one thing to be disappointed, and another one to not to be able to get over the disappointment and just enjoy the thing, whether it came out now or three months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Next week I think? Renown 44 isn't it? Don't know really... Don't really care for flying. I get it when it gets here. Just curious why flying is the reason to resun for the patch when flying is literally just there to transport you to the content he didn't like. Doesn't add up me
    Idk and I don't care. I just find the terrain design really obnoxious, so much that I only do the bare minimum of open world content, often even missing out on weekly bosses just because I don't want to bother with the terrain design. It is really a pity, in earlier xpacs I spent hours exploring the world at the start of a new xpac. Not anymore when the terrain is "out to get you". It's not enjoyable to me.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2021-07-05 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Even if he did say it, that doesn't mean it's true. Of course it had an effect.

Even if he said it during an earnings call and thus it must literally be true, you need to parse the language very closely as rhorle noted.
    with "manager language" he might say games in development werent affected and after being proven 9.1 still was he would say he didnt lie as its not a game, its a patch...
    and hell, with SL itself being delayed its hard to believe 9.1 wasnt affected
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-05 at 04:31 PM.

I hope more and more people do an exodus of WoW into FF14. It's a much better game and MMO. I'm having fun playing it these last 2 weeks and I'm not even at Heavensward yet.

Glad Asmongold started it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I hope more and more people do an exodus of WoW into FF14. It's a much better game and MMO. I'm having fun playing it these last 2 weeks and I'm not even at Heavensward yet.

don't fool yourself, streamers do what they do to gain more audience/money and their personal enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    9.1 as we got it would have been fine (still not great) had it come in March.
    if it would come in march it would be fastest opening raid patch in the history of wow... hell in april it would still be among fastest opening raid patches, and among fastest raid patches in general...
    in april it would be as fast as secrets of ulduar, which added NOTHING but raid (well some daily q and tuning ofc) and was folowup to expansion release in which they started with one rehashed and two one boss raids, so raid team had quite a bit of time... so yeah, in april it wouldnt be fine, but GODDAMN FUCKING IMPRESIVE

I think Korthia is alright. But considering how long the patch took it should have knocked it out of the park.

New Torghast I'm neutral on. Not seeing much of a big difference really. I cleared the same way I always do and got enough points to advance. Talent tree and Adamant Vaults or whatever could be fun.

But for me what makes or breaks it is the raid, as usual, so that remains to be seen.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell if OP is genuine or not, so I won't adress that specifically.

However, I agree that 9.1 is a let down. Maybe I'm just burned out of the game, but Shadowland has been... not fun? It feels as though I'm not driven to keep playing. I'm not really invested into the covenant thing.

I miss the days where I could just chain dungeons and buy gear from vendors. Everything feels gated now, so I lose interest after a week or two. I tend to play in bursts and it seems like the game tries to force me away from that.

Maybe it's time I accept wow just isn't for me anymore. It's sad, because I used to love this game.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    I can't tell if OP is genuine or not, so I won't adress that specifically.

However, I agree that 9.1 is a let down. Maybe I'm just burned out of the game, but Shadowland has been... not fun? It feels as though I'm not driven to keep playing. I'm not really invested into the covenant thing.
    So why are you still playing? I mean, if the game is not fun, what is sticking around buying you? Be decisive.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post

He seems to enjoy himself, so that's nice.

WoW/Blizzard could use the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Which is why campaigns like this are time-gated. To keep people from blitzing through them, then coming to places like here and sniveling about how they have nothing to do.
    That sort of thing has to be stockholm syndrome.

Why the flying fuck would you keep players from consuming content?
    There can be only 2 answers: either because your content is garbage or its about money. Otherwise I don't see a point, majority of players dont have OCD.
    Do you feel a need to be handheld by devs?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That sort of thing has to be stockholm syndrome.

Why the flying fuck would you keep players from consuming content?
    There can be only 2 answers: either because your content is garbage or its about money. Otherwise I don't see a point, majority of players dont have OCD.
    Do you feel a need to be handheld by devs?
    How do they get more money??

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    How do they get more money??
    by timegating content to last more than one month so people feel the need to "finish the story".
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV