Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

9.1 Content Drought begins!

Since there hasn't been a single post about this yet, I wanted to start a thread about the complete lack of content in 9.1. Day 1 took a few hours to complete. Every day since has taken 10-30 minutes to complete dailies and covenant assaults. We have the new raid coming Wednesday and new pvp and M+ seasons as well. All up, I predict a 2-3 months of content for most players.

Is this the great return to form we have all been waiting for? Yes, I know the all of the usual replies. Just don't play it. Unsubscribe after 2 months and wait for the next major patch. Why are you even writing this? Who are you to comment on the glorious Mother land of Blizzard? How dare you! Your views do not align with mine, how dare you!

I think it is OK to expect more.

What do you expect them to introduce mid expansion? Every .1/.2/.3 patch has been a new zone, new mounts, new currencies and new dailies forever. The systems this expansion are absolutely awful so there is that but do you expect them to have provided a massive evolution to currencies, dailies or world quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Tdownpour View Post
    What do you expect them to introduce mid expansion? Every .1/.2/.3 patch has been a new zone, new mounts, new currencies and new dailies forever. The systems this expansion are absolutely awful so there is that but do you expect them to have provided a massive evolution to currencies, dailies or world quests?
    It is OK to expect more. You have to atleast attempt to undo the conditioning before you can see the truth. Most people have finished the introduction and now the time gated bread crumbs will be sprinkled about for the next few months to keep people subbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you’re looking for infinite enjoyment you’re going to be disappointed every single time blizz releases new content. That said from what I’ve Read 9.1 is rather skimpy which is a shame considering how long it took

what exactly did you expect?
    please, name a patch you have as a point of reference of what a patch should have

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    If you’re looking for infinite enjoyment you’re going to be disappointed every single time blizz releases new content. That said from what I’ve Read 9.1 is rather skimpy which is a shame considering how long it took
    Agrend. Skimpy is an understatement.

Hey guys the ice cream place that serves ice cream every day didn’t put steak on the menu

How dare they

It’s more of the same dude
    We get a dungeon and raid along with some zone stuff and catch up gear
    You play the patch to get
    Gear
    Cosmetics
    Mounts
    Titles
    And if you are finished you can log out

Personally I’m not because
    I like the mounts
    I have a raid team and wanna be competitive with some of them
    I like the dungeons
    I have alts
    I have yet to find another game I can log onto daily that I enjoy more

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    please, name a patch you have as a point of reference of what a patch should have
    It is OK to expect more. There is already basically nothing to do. The raid will last for a little while and then people will go back to TBC classic. Why make new and expensive content when you can time gate new content for 3 months and then release a new phase in the classic variant. It's a great business move. It just means the game is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    i mean there is only few quests, but those pretty much serve only to get you out, the "meat" of korthia (and partialy reworked maw) is rares and treasures, something akin to timeless isle, plus on top of that assaults, events, campaign, and ofc next week megadungeon new seasons and raid...
    to me, it seems pretty average patch, maybe the content is not for everyone (which is true about every single patch in wows history) but its definitely not "skimpy"...

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Hey guys the ice cream place that serves ice cream every day didn’t put steak on the menu

How dare they

It’s more of the same dude
    We get a dungeon and raid along with some zone stuff and catch up gear
    You play the patch to get
    Gear
    Cosmetics
    Mounts
    Titles
    And if you are finished you can log out

Personally I’m not because
    I like the mounts
    I have a raid team and wanna be competitive with some of them
    I like the dungeons
    I have alts
    I have yet to find another game I can log onto daily that I enjoy more
    That is a poor analogy but you are right. It is more of the same. I believe most players have had their expectations lowered to the point of non-existance so any tiny spec of content, good or bad, is like the second coming and should never be criticised only loved and accepted into our hearts.

i'd say that after broken shore, argus and mechagon/nazjatar the next patch zones: vale/uldum and now korthia/maw revamp have been of notably less quality.

the biggest thing i's say is that while all those zones serve the basic nessecities of rares/daily quests, the older ones all had a couple extra things to do thrown in while in the newer ones the basic nessecities seems to be all there is.

My main point here is that it is OK to expect more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i'd say that after broken shore, argus and mechagon/nazjatar the next patch zones: vale/uldum and now korthia/maw revamp have been of notably less quality.

the biggest thing i's say is that while all those zones serve the basic nessecities of rares/daily quests, the older ones all had a couple extra things to do thrown in while in the newer ones the basic nessecities seems to be all there is.
    It feels like they are just working through a basic check list to keep people subbed. No love, joy or passion in their work can be felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    It is OK to expect more. There is already basically nothing to do. The raid will last for a little while and then people will go back to TBC classic. Why make new and expensive content when you can time gate new content for 3 months and then release a new phase in the classic variant. It's a great business move. It just means the game is bad.
    what are you politician? i asked two questions, either answer or dont react at all please...
    ill repeat them to make it easier
    1. what did you expect to be in the patch?
    2. which patch was in your mind "full" of content, to make it a point of reference of good or even great patch?

its okay to say you dont enjoy the content there, but to say there is not content is outright lie, i played several hours a day since release and i still didnt run out of things to do, and we dont even have dungeon raid and seasons in...

Lmfao, a content drought thread before the raid and dungeon are even released.

This fucking place, I'm telling you.

what are you politician? i asked two questions, either answer or dont react at all please...
    ill repeat them to make it easier
    1. what did you expect to be in the patch?
    2. which patch was in your mind "full" of content, to make it a point of reference of good or even great patch?

its okay to say you dont enjoy the content there, but to say there is not content is outright lie, i played several hours a day since release and i still didnt run out of things to do, and we dont even have dungeon raid and seasons in...
    I am under no obligation to answer your questions. All I am saying is that it is OK to expect more from Blizzard. I am glad you are enjoying the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Lmfao, a content drought thread before the raid and dungeon are even released.

This fucking place, I'm telling you.

Wouldn't be MMO-C without drivel like this thread.

But then again, OP had to add more words to actually create a thread. Not much to offer with posting "it's okay to expect more" as if that hasn't been discussed in far better threads countless other times.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

But then again, OP had to add more words to actually create a thread. Not much to offer with posting "it's okay to expect more" as if that hasn't been discussed in far better threads countless other times.
    Thank you for contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    I am under no obligation to answer your questions. All I am saying is that it is OK to expect more from Blizzard. I am glad you are enjoying the patch.
    so you have nothing but empty words, not even opinion, thats enough of an answer for me...
    next time, if you dont intend to answer my questions, or at least to react to them with something more than meaningless platitudes please dont tag me

so you have nothing but empty words, not even opinion, thats enough of an answer for me...
    next time, if you dont intend to answer my questions, please dont tag me
    I didn't tag you. You came into a thread I created and started demanding answers. I've stated my position quite clearly. If you do not understand then I cannot help you and do not wish to waste my time arguing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

he started thread with nothing but "it's okay to expect more" and yet he is not even capable to answer what he expected or wanted, or in which patch he got it...
    very weak troll post