Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    Your title says 5 mintes so no. Would it be a better content patch if it had taken you 'literally' 10 minutes?
    The zone would be twice as big if it took 10 minutes. In theory the bigger the zone the more content and stuff to do, and likewise the smaller a zone the less is there to do. At the very least, a bigger zone allows for more variety both in environment and creatures. Sure, you can put 20 dailies in a small zone, but it's gonna be vs. the same 4 or 5 creatures. Whereas a bigger zone encourages more variety.

Personally I feel Blizzard deliberately chose to make a smaller zone because they wanted to avoid people complaining about the lack of flying in the new zone. The zone is so small that even without flying it's quick to traverse.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Name a .1 patch that gave more
    This is not your typical .1 patch due to various reasons, so it's hard to compare it to the other .1 patches.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-07-05 at 09:30 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    visual-wise mechagon is one of worst zones too, maybe my hype was too high but both zones in visual look failed badly imo (mecha +Naz), maybe troll capital was that great that it made all else in BFA looks bland?
    I can't agree with that, but that is subjective. I would prefer Mechagon much more than Korthia which has same flavor as the Maw which I really despise as a zone, but I guess thats what they wanted to do?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That's the problem though. What is "cool and interesting"? Do you think AoC or New World with all the money in the world behind them can do it? And even then - here is a nice video on why new MMOs will struggle, no matter how good or ambitious they are: 77https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7N1djjZt_U&list=LL&index=12

Over the last few years, I believe only FFXIV could make a dent in the MMO market - a new game will need some serious staying power and the will to sink even more money into it to tweak it again and again.
    I dont know if you remember but i once made a thread with a video on that youtuber and called him "small unknown youtuber i never seen before"
    From 15-20k subs to what is it now? 100-200k? i enjoy him, he is cool

I still believe MMO genre is the one with the most potential but whats holding it back is the "risk and costs" put together of creating a game in this genre sadly
    So much potential to be unlocked ...but not sure if i will ever live to see it.

I have no idea what needs to be done or whatever...just some random ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    The zone would be twice as big if it took 10 minutes. In theory the bigger the zone the more content and stuff to do, and likewise the smaller a zone the less is there to do. At the very least, a bigger zone allows for more variety both in environment and creatures. Sure, you can put 20 dailies in a small zone, but it's gonna be vs. the same 4 or 5 creatures. Whereas a bigger zone encourages more variety.

Personally I feel Blizzard deliberately chose to make a smaller zone because they wanted to avoid people complaining about the lack of flying in the new zone. The zone is so small that even without flying it's quick to traverse.
    Actually no, with phasing the size of the zone dont matter as much as before, since you can have 10 diffrent things happen to the same area.

2021 and people are still whining, why the irrelevant area thats only there to be played for 2 hours to do your questlines, and a few dailies to get things out of the way , is actually irrelevant.

It baffles me what insanenly game knowledge levels people have.

Cant wait for the new M+ season and the new raid though.

And once more, despite mmo-champion that doesnt like hearing it.

If you arent playing WoW to raid, you have no reason to complain because you are playing the wrong game for you, the game is fine, but do keep playing it, the more money they make, the more they are gonna keep it alive to release raids every half a year.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-07-05 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you judge a patch by how long it takes you to run from point A to point B?
    Sounds like a shallow way to judge a patch not to mention most of the "real" content is only getting released this week/next week.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yup, that's it. There's no more content in 9.1 for you. None at all.
    Well, basically no, there really is not.
    When you weight all the factors in, in MoP we were on the fourth patch by now... Even BfA had massive content patches rofl.

Looks like they cut Shadowlands short big time. I expect one more patch, similar to 9.1 content wise, and that´s it.
    Might be for the best tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    I get paid to do my job, and meet my targets, regardless of the pandemic, and i do it because its my job.
    Why should Blizzard receive special treatment?
    you NEVER EVER worked on big project have you? bcs blizz doesnt get "Special treatment" delays in projects are quite common...
    and actualy, blizzard released patch when they announced, so technicaly no delay, just released later than expected (or later than usualy)...

- - - Updated - - -

We pay them monthly for a service, if you cant deliver that service you shouldn't be offering it.
    you couldnt log into game and play before patch? bcs thats the service you pay for, patches are in no way guarenteed (although obviously expected) and there is absolutely no timetable they have to stick to...
    ofc im too pissed patch was later but saying "you pay for it" is simple not true... you pay to acces the game, not for future content, if you decide to pay bcs of EXPECTED content, thats on you, not on blizz...

- - - Updated - - -

The zone would be twice as big if it took 10 minutes. In theory the bigger the zone the more content and stuff to do, and likewise the smaller a zone the less is there to do.
    go check vanila silithus and tell me again bigger zone means more content...
    as a theory its nice notion, but in reality size of zone and amount of content in it are two separate things

- - - Updated - - -

You probably show up to work and do just the bare minimum so they can't fire you.
    That's why your standards are so low.
    and you probably work daily overtimes hopeing they will promote you, and then are surprised they didnt bcs they dont give a fuck if you do your job in 8h or 20h as long as its done...

you pay them to access servers, expecting more is DELUSIONAL, they dont add content bcs they owe it to you, they add it to keep you paying for server accsess...
    you dont go to shop to buy 1kg of meat and 1kg of rice and then yell at cashier why you didnt get anything else, only what you paid for...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-05 at 11:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Considering you need to take a wyvern to fly to a part that cannot be reached on foot (at least I didn't find a way) to get the achievement - I'd say you lie.
    You could get the explore achievement just by standing on the edge near Tezzerak and walking towards the rocks just to the west. It didn't require actually going over to the Vault. You could also glide over. You can even get to the raised but empty part of the Vault section. It makes the zone even smaller when a portion is unused.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You could get the explore achievement just by standing on the edge near Tezzerak and walking towards the rocks just to the west. It didn't require actually going over to the Vault. You could also glide over. You can even get to the raised but empty part of the Vault section. It makes the zone even smaller when a portion is unused.
    Im a demon hunter...so i found a way...was an headscratcher for a few mins.
    Still have no idea how to get there "normally".

Surprisingly...you dont need to glide...you just need to jump some rocks (i think)
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-07-05 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Im a demon hunter...so i found a way...was an headscratcher for a few mins.
    Still have no idea how to get there "normally".
    There's a Maldraxxus chimera at the hub that you can ride there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Well, basically no, there really is not.
    .. Are you joking? There's the new mega dungeon, and the new raid, and the covenant campaign, none of which have even opened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is not your typical .1 patch due to various reasons, so it's hard to compare it to the other .1 patches.
    What reasons??

Speculation about.2 being the final patch or how they merged 9.1 and 9.2 because of the delays aren’t reasons they are speculation with no basis
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2021-07-05 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If only people realized that Torghast had torment debuffs from the start basically. It was just revamped away from the stupidity it was.
    That would involve thinking past the "what can I complain about today" morning routine that some of these people have. They are more willing to do Olympic level mental gymnastics to find something to whine about than they are willing to think that 9.1 really isn't even out yet. Sure, the login screen says 9.1, but we don't have the new raid, the new m+ affix, the new pvp season, flying, or anything else that doesn't come out until next week. This is basically just the 9.1 pre-patch and people are acting like what we have access to is all that is going to be available for the next 6-8 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It would have been a good patch in April, not in July. At the moment I can't look at it and think it's anything more than worse version of Mechagon. Secret wise - it's ok, but Mechagon had more rares, it's own crafting system, it had freaking jetpacks!!! and a big one - actual quests, more of them and they weren't repeating every day and while it wasn't questing masterpiece, it certainly had more unique ones.
    We apparently played vastly different versions of mechagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Says who? Maybe they should have added twice (or three times) as much impassable terrain so that it would have taken OP more than 5 minutes get an achievement that only signifies they ran around doing nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably show up to work and do just the bare minimum so they can't fire you.
    That's why your standards are so low.
    Nice assumption, but no. Unlike you I know what I'm paying for, I know what the eula says, etc.
    Then again, not knowing the agreement you've agreed to on a service you're paying for would be pretty silly, so I'm guessing you've read it as well.

So you do probably know what you're paying for, but.. you expect more? What do you expect of other services like Netflix, Spotify etc I wonder.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    So you do probably know what you're paying for, but.. you expect more? What do you expect of other services like Netflix, Spotify etc I wonder.
    To be fair the expectation of Blizzard with the subscription is to provide some post launch content. Just like Netflix is expected to keep providing movies even though I'm sure the terms of use does not explicitly say they have to. You can't bring expectations into it when you argued against expectations and in favor of legal requirements.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Literally ran down the Hill jumped around a bit and got the achievement " you explored korthia"
    This is seriously 8 months of effort?
    I'll be the last one to defend the shitheap that is retail but seriously, this is low.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterwinter View Post
    I do agree that the zone is small but it can be argued that most patch zones haven’t exactly been large anyway. What matters imo is the content rather than the size of said zone.
    Argus zones patch was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post

We apparently played vastly different versions of mechagon.
    Well, depends, Korthia without rare hunting is absolute trash, same as Mechagon. Just mechagon had more of that and more quests and crafting system which made it better. If you don't like Mechagon, Korthia must be absolute trash for u and in that regard I wouldn't argue with you at all. But if you find Korthia good and think that Mechagon was bad, I don't know how that would happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I'll be the last one to defend the shitheap that is retail but seriously, this is low.
    yeah, that take is absolute crap. You could explore most of the zones in 10-15minutes. Korthia is not a heap of content and some of that is questionable, but saying that "explored that in 5 minutes" is like playing super Mario, skipping all floors via secret shortcuts and saying that you have completed the game.