Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Also notice that Preach's drama time series are his least watched videos, easily. A quick glance at Preach's "Most Popular" videos... "TOP 5 (X) IN WOW!". Wow! Almost like the algorithm is in play for Preach as well. Who would have thought?
    I just picked the three latest videos from both channels.

It's true three of preach's top five most popular videos are listicles, but listicles aren't clickbait. Further of his top 15 videos, only 4 are listicles the other 11 are his legacy of series.
    Interestingly only two of Belluar's top 15 videos are clickbait, the rest are just reporting on new features like allied races artifact weapons and mounts. it seems like not even his audience likes the obnoxious clickbait.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Calling Savage on par with Mythic raiding feels a bit disingenuous. Maybe like the first 1-2 bosses of a mythic tier, but nowhere near the latter half of a tier. I can't speak on Ultimates as I've never participated but as someone alluded to above, there is 3 of them in a 7 year old game so it's somewhat moot.
    While you are correct also please consider that like 5% attempts Ultimate and around 1% clears it. So it is a very nieche segment of the playerbase. They get their share of the content accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    While you are correct also please consider that like 5% attempts Ultimate and around 1% clears it. So it is a very nieche segment of the playerbase. They get their share of the content accordingly.
    20 percent of the people who attempt the hardest content in the game clearing it sounds pretty decent to be honest as to my understanding you can't outgrew it in time.

5+ Year Old Account
    20 percent of the people who attempt the hardest content in the game clearing it sounds pretty decent to be honest as to my understanding you can't outgrew it in time.
    That is true, but unrelated to the point I was trying to make. With time and resouces being finite, and devs play testing the content they create instead of a separate team they really need to think about what content to focus on. And content 95% of the playerbase doesn't even attempt is going to be low on the list. So there is a very logical reason why we have only 3 Ultimates so far.

Not going to compare difficulty as both combat in general and boss encounter design in particular has a vastly different design philosophy in the two games.

I get it, no MMO has unlimited funds and they must be used where they will be best utilized, in theory anyhow. Final Steps of Faith is the next one up I believe, love that might, might be what finally pulls me into Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    A +15 doesn't really require much from anyone, outside of the odd stun, or pretty basic affixes that equate to "Kill at the same time. Kite. Don't stand here. Don't cast. Get everything low then kill it. Burst x enemy." You bring damage, you'll probably win.
    You're right, and I agree with you. But If I were to compare the two, I'd say its harder to carry a poor player in M+ because it's an environment where they can be actively disruptive to your chances to beat the timer. Their deaths penalise you, and them failing at affixes can punish not only themselves but the rest of the group too. A bad player can quickly sink 4 other competant players in a way that it's hard to do in Savage.

That's not to say either one is the pinacle of difficulty of course, just that I consider one of those harder to carry deadweight in than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I just wanted to point out that having "unlimited battle rezzes", while it sounds great on paper, runs into many downsides,
    You're right in that it has plenty of downsides, but it does allow you to continually pick up that guy who dies 3-4 times and have them contribute something positive to a group in spite of it. Even the best players make mistakes every now and then and being able to get them back into the fight without having to spend your limited combat resses on them is a benefit.

I also agree that gear makes a huge difference - the same is true in both games. It's definately more pronounced in WoW because FF14 places some pretty strict iLevel restrictions on content. Which is something I approve of, it keeps things challenging even when they're no longer relevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Are there M+ keys for the big raids now? Oo
    I was only aware of the dungeon zergfest M+ mode.
    M+ is the Dungeon modes. Mythic raids are their own beast entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Preach doesn't monetize his videos. You don't need clickbait if you aren't trying to run a business on YT.
    Didn't he get demonetized? As in it wasn't his choice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Didn't he get demonetized? As in it wasn't his choice?
    I haven't a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think it was that one, not entirely sure however you might have to experiment a bit:

Ty /10charrr
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    M+ is the Dungeon modes. Mythic raids are their own beast entirely.
    Precisely and I was talking about raids only.
    I see no point in comparing savage raiding with Mythic dungeons at all.

I found some really cheap deal on kinguin.net
    https://www.kinguin.net/category/662...ownload-cd-key

Is this legit? (Its like 2x cheaper for me than official store).

EDIT:

Yes it is legit. Works. It was literally 3 times cheaper than official website.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-07-06 at 05:59 PM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I hope Square enix does somethin about the housing situation soon, especially with all these new players- its gonna be rough getting a house. I wonder how many will lean towards buying gil just to get a house.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

EDIT:

It's EU only.

I get it, no MMO has unlimited funds and they must be used where they will be best utilized, in theory anyhow. Final Steps of Faith is the next one up I believe, love that might, might be what finally pulls me into Ultimates.
    SE has already said the next Ultimate will be 'The Dragonsong War' and shown the first arena where you fight the final boss from the Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    It's EU only.
    Good, cause im in eu.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

7+ Year Old Account
    Aight, i'm giving in.
    Bought the complete edition because it's dirt cheap rn, spend 40 minutes trying to get my account going because steam fucked me over.

Now downloading the game.
    This better be good.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

EDIT:

It's the same price as on steam.
    Depending on whether or not Kinguin includes your countries VAT in that purchase, it might even be cheaper on steam.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    I hope Square enix does somethin about the housing situation soon, especially with all these new players- its gonna be rough getting a house. I wonder how many will lean towards buying gil just to get a house.
    Well, what would they need Gil for when they barely even have the chance to buy a house in the first place? They could buy apartments, but houses seems... like they at best might wanna give it a shot when Ishgard opens.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Aight, i'm giving in.
    Bought the complete edition because it's dirt cheap rn, spend 40 minutes trying to get my account going because steam fucked me over.

Now downloading the game.
    This better be good.
    Good luck. Hope you enjoy. If not, thanks for giving it a chance.

A quick primer:

Races:

Midlander Hyur - Stormwind Human
    Highlander Hyur - Orcs
    Elezen - Depending on the city either Night Elves or High Elves
    Hellsguard Roegadyn - Vrykul
    Seawolf Roegadyn . Kvaldir
    Lalafel - Goblins
    Sunseeker Mi'qote - Sandfury trolls
    Moonkeeper Mi'qote - Amani trolls
    Au Ra Raen - Draenei
    Au Ra Xaela - Broken
    Hrothgar - Worgen
    Viera - Naga

Starting classes (they determine your starting city)

Gladiator - Prot Warrior
    Thaumaturge - Mage
    Pugilist - Windwalker monk

They start in Gadgetzan, ruled over by Boss Mida and a council consisting of Gazlowe, Gallywix, Marin Noggenfogger, Silas Darkmoon and Thrall.

Arcanist - Affliction Warlock
    Marauder - Arms warrior

They start in Kul Tiras although the admiral is closer to pre-Legion Sylvanas than Kathrine.

Conjurer - Resto Druid
    Lancer - Survival Hunter
    Archer - Marksmanship Hunter

They start in Darnassus.

In the story We are five years after the Garlean Empire (Burning Legion) attacked Eorzea (Kalimdor). Imperial legatus Nael van Darnus (Archimonde) decided to use an Allagan (Titan) device to yeet the smaller moon Dalamud (Blue Child) from the sky and crash it into the continent. During the pivotal battle at Carteneau Flats (Mount Hyjal) it turned out the moon is a prison built for Bahamut (Deathwing) who got out and started to destroy everything. Archon Louisouix (Medivh) teleported everyone to safety and faced the dragon alone. Nobody knows how the fight ended, but since the world didn't end, we can assume the dragon lost. This event is called the Calamity (Cataclysm) and there is an ingame remembrance event every year on the anniversary of the relaunch of the game.

This was pretty much the third war. The first war was when the asshole king of Ala Mhigo (Orgrimmar) decided to attack the rest of the continent and the other city states formed the Eoezean Alliance to drive them back. Most Highlanders are from Ala Mhigo hence me labeling them as orcs. Not much later after this a rebellion overthrew the king, but soon after the Empire arrived to take advantage of the chaois. Legatus Gaius van Baelsar (Kil'Jaeden) pretty much just waltzed in and took the place. A lot of people flead and had to live as refugees in the areas they tried to conquer before. Like a certain Raubahn Aldyn, who became a gladiator in Ul'dah (Gadgetzan) till he had enough money to buy his freedom and join the council ruling the city. Sounds like a certain green shaman?

The second war was when the Garlean Empire first tried to attack Eorzea, but they only got a few kilometers in before Midgardsormr (Galakrond) came and went postal on the invading army. Midi died, but so did over 90% of the army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to all the new WoW refugees!
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    Gil is piss easy to come by. Being there when a plot is available is the real problem.
    If a ward extension patch drops, you better not have any real life and hope the login server doesn't throw a hissy fit.