Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Thank you for putting us lowly simpletons who dare to have an opinion but have no idea what we want in our place. You truly are our superior in every way. God bless.
    Brother, you literally couldn't even equivocate what you wanted in the OP. You have failed to do in multiple follow-ups. I'm not calling you a simpleton but I am very much pointing out the complete lack of coherence in your criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Isen't this 9.1 a lot more stuff than the sunwell patch (as an example) added in TBC?

Why do people complain about the amount of stuff, when it's a lot more than what was added in the past?
    Because having an expectation that the game could potentially evolve and improve over the course of 14 years is just ludicrous.

Yes, clearly you know everything about me. Well played.
    If you had any sort of raiding experience you wouldn't be saying "theres no content after 2-3 months".

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Brother, you literally couldn't even equivocate what you wanted in the OP. You have failed to do in multiple follow-ups. I'm not calling you a simpleton but I am very much pointing out the complete lack of coherence in your criticism.
    Well in that case, let me be clear. I would like to see some passion, some love and care, some innovation, some experimentation. I would like the wow dev team to throw out their check list and stop abiding by the adage "it doesn't have to be good, it just has to be done." That is what I would like, since you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    If you had any sort of raiding experience you wouldn't be saying "theres no content after 2-3 months".
    I see. And what would I be saying if I did have any sort of raiding experience? I'm just curious since you are apparently the expert on what people say depending on their level of raid engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Only relevant for new people. No one who cleared T4 and T5 when it was relevant wanted to run those during Sunwell patch, it was a chore. For any proper raiding guild Sunwell patch was just dailies and new raid so it was just as seasonal as now.
    But it was still being ran from beginning to end by someone, thus making it relevant content.

By the time 9.3 hits, will any of us be running nyalotha or chains of dom for anything besides mounts and transmog?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    yep! so i'm having tons of fun w korthia dailies and the new factions, then just going around the maw with the new updates, catching back up with world content and anima, torghast updates, and i swapped specs and covenants, so seeing it all through new eyes.
    Do you work for Blizzard by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    If you’re looking for infinite enjoyment you’re going to be disappointed every single time blizz releases new content. That said from what I’ve Read 9.1 is rather skimpy which is a shame considering how long it took
    Almost a full year after the release of the expansion and I haven't heard anything good about it.

Because having an expectation that the game could potentially evolve and improve over the course of 14 years is just ludicrous.
    Why don't you just write out exactly what you want instead of making excuses.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

They'll never do better when people defend them for doing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    If you’re looking for infinite enjoyment you’re going to be disappointed every single time blizz releases new content. That said from what I’ve Read 9.1 is rather skimpy which is a shame considering how long it took
    Nothing skimpy about it.
    Its just the same as always, and a lot of confused people thought it was delayed because it was supposed to be bigger, I guess?
    There are some pretty radical changes in the patch, truthfully.

But the gameplay loop is going to be the same as always, just like any other season 2 patch. Typically the crazy changes come at the end of an expansion, so Blizzard can introduce them then not feel obligated to iterate on them to make them work for the following season.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Patch 8.2 was humongous both in quantity and quality. I believe I still haven't fully exhausted the content of that patch. If Blizzard does that for 9.2 even a jaded and bitter person like me would resubscribe.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/patch...a-wow-overview

But to be fair. I consider 8.2 an outlier. Clearly a lot of this content has been in the works for much longer than an ordinary patch development cycle. It wouldn't be reasonable to expect something as massive every patch. But once in an expansion would definitely amend a lot.
    Compare 9.1 to the following

Because it’s an intro patch
    8.2 when compared to

Is more in line with the only extra I’ve found is that it had Mechagon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Nothing skimpy about it.
    Its just the same as always, and a lot of confused people thought it was delayed because it was supposed to be bigger, I guess?
    There are some pretty radical changes in the patch, truthfully.

But the gameplay loop is going to be the same as always, just like any other season 2 patch. Typically the crazy changes come at the end of an expansion, so Blizzard can introduce them then not feel obligated to iterate on them to make them work for the following season.
    I wish blizz wouldn’t implement systems that they are shown the problems of in alpha and then wait for the first patch to start fixing them

If you launch a game with good systems then you will end up with a better game at the end

I don't think it's that bad. 6.1 was a bad patch - 9.1 is just your regular .1 patch.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    what exactly did you expect?
    please, name a patch you have as a point of reference of what a patch should have
    Isle of Thunder Patch
    Timeless Isle Patch
    Broken Shore Patch
    Nazjatar/Mechagon Patch

All four of those feature WAYYYY more content than 9.1, which has been the longest first patch ever.

I used those as examples since they feature new land like Korthia.

Since there hasn't been a single post about this yet, I wanted to start a thread about the complete lack of content in 9.1. Day 1 took a few hours to complete. Every day since has taken 10-30 minutes to complete dailies and covenant assaults. We have the new raid coming Wednesday and new pvp and M+ seasons as well. All up, I predict a 2-3 months of content for most players.

Is this the great return to form we have all been waiting for? Yes, I know the all of the usual replies. Just don't play it. Unsubscribe after 2 months and wait for the next major patch. Why are you even writing this? Who are you to comment on the glorious Mother land of Blizzard? How dare you! Your views do not align with mine, how dare you!

I think it is OK to expect more.
    Can we at least wait until the world first race is over before we start calling "content drought"?

It's usually the people (who aren't mythic raiders) who see Limit beat Mythic, assume it's all over and then unsub until the next raid (that they don't participate in) while screaming "content drought" on the forums.

I am going to say this one more time then tap out - why are so many people comparing quantity, rather than quality of the content? Isnt our enjoyment of the content more important than how much content actually exists?

And secondly, people need to stop looking at this in a vacuum - the best way to explain this is with an extreme example, which I clearly acknowledge IS an extreme example.

11.0 comes out, and the new expansion launches. It is VERY light on content, and everyone is done in a few weeks.

then we have to wait for 18 months before 11.1 comes out. 11.1 launches with 2 raids, 5 new dungeons, 2 new allied races, and a new WQ zone.

11.1 then lasts 18 months.

In this scenario, is it fair to compare this hypothetical 11.1 patch with 4.1, 5.1, or any other X.1 patch? I dont believe so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Almost a full year after the release of the expansion and I haven't heard anything good about it.
    It's better than bfa is the highest praise it deserves. It's sad, but they had a LOT of work undoing some of the damage done to core gameplay in legion and bfa. I respect that they're moving in the right direction with this expac, but they only managed to bring the game back to a state of solidly mediocre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Isle of Thunder Patch
    Timeless Isle Patch
    Broken Shore Patch
    Nazjatar/Mechagon Patch

All four of those feature WAYYYY more content than 9.1, which has been the longest first patch ever.

I used those as examples since they feature new land like Korthia.
    Isle of Thunder - 5.2
    Timeless Isle - 5.4
    Broken shore - 7.2
    Nazjatar - 8.2

Notice how none of these are a .1 patch?

For context:
    4.1 added 2 dungeons both of which were reworked raids and had significantly less content than 9.1
    5.1 added fuck all compared to 9.1
    6.1 added even less than 5.1 did
    7.1 added less content than 9.1 (Karazhan and a 3 boss raid) - still less than 9.1
    8.1 1 raid and warfront changes - less than 9.1

Patch 9.1 is the most content we have had in a .1 patch since patch 3.1 in 2009 which added Ulduar and Argent tournament. Argueably it's the most content added in any .1 patch ever as we get a raid + mega dungeon + new zone + story shit.

blizz needs new ideas and new content that isn't taken over by boosts or metrics

Do you work for Blizzard by any chance?
    If you want people to debate you, making posts like that is not the way to go. People are allowed to like the game. And you do not have to work for Blizzard to like it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    what are you politician? i asked two questions, either answer or dont react at all please...
    ill repeat them to make it easier
    1. what did you expect to be in the patch?
    2. which patch was in your mind "full" of content, to make it a point of reference of good or even great patch?

its okay to say you dont enjoy the content there, but to say there is not content is outright lie, i played several hours a day since release and i still didnt run out of things to do, and we dont even have dungeon raid and seasons in...
    let me see i expect rares to actually work properly ie no stupid stack counting be4 the mob actually becomes a rare of some worth that can also be attacked be4 that see consumption, i appreciate the attempt at something different but it was badly designed, i'd bring up the chests but that seems to have been fixed already,

with the amount of time it was held back for i expect almost no issues, i'm expecting massive lag on raid launch day just because its the norm but im shouldexpect to go into the raid and do some bosses with my guild without any of the following occurring:

massive lag
    inability to log in
    constant disconnects
    bosses being bugged in anyway what so ever
    all of the above happening in the same night forcing the raid to be cancelled.

i was also hoping for las of a rep grind was hoping blizz learned their lesson from the emperor rep on timeless isle.....

also i kind of expected there to be more deaths advance things to do this week than a few quests and then just 3 dailies a day. I didn't play ptr so i have no idea if more are on the way