Page 6 of 152 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I expected the prices to be higher for the best domination socket pieces, honestly.
    Maybe they will increase these prices if needed, who knows, they did pay millions for some BoEs in Ny'alotha and Nathria I recall.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    again, Yogg 0 lived because no one but Stars was even trying it and when they showed how to do it everyone else copied it and managed it in short order.
    Yes Yogg 0 doesn't easy but it was not some impossible feat once the tactic was discovered.

And LK-H survived because ICC was HEAVILY time gated and had limited attempts. Its is no way comparable to current raiding.

I don't think Uunat is something to strive for, a raid so difficult and on the heels of another hard fight (Jaine) most didn't even bother to try. Crucible of storms was a failure.
    Lol No. Every top guild was trying to do Yogg 0 Keeper. Paragon, Exodus, Premonition, Ensidia (banned for exploiting), Method, Blood Legion, Exorsus, Vodka, etc... Also time gating the last boss 20 pulls +5 every two week thereafter was fine. No one wants to wipe to the last boss for 5 to 10 hours a week (semi-hardcore). I'd rather just prog it one night a week. It also promotes getting the shitters out, because you're limited on time. Also yeah, Uunat was a good example of what an end boss should be, especially if the patch is gonna last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    What's so fun about watching the same old guilds competing over world first race like some special ed kids fighting over the same color crayon they wanted?
    I dunno every so often there is a racial/sexist/bigotry/cheating scandal, thats funny.

So.. are people done derailing every raid thread into "ehmagerd Jersh!" drivel? Seriously, you guys make yourself look less intelligent by the day. Yes he did a stupid, yes he deserves consequences for that. But your drool fueled opinion won't add anything to that. Move on, go work in charity, do something constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Skill per millions of players isn't some kind of binary stat like you're implying. There simply isn't an effective way to measure how good players in prior expansions are to today. To me this reads like somebody who taking the same boring nostalgic takes players have about the game and taking it one step further to imply that not only was the game better but the players were better too. It doesn't work like that and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Well there was trillions of human beigns running 100 metres yet Usain Bolt beat them all, and i'm sure it will be beaten in time. It's called experience, insights, knowledge, preparation... things that weren't available back in WotLK. Hell, people back then THEORIZED the amount of armor the boss had to theorize if arpen builds were viable, we know every value possible of every boss weeks before they are available, and the exact amount of DPS a class is able to do in a given time with a perfect rotation within a 0.05% margin of error. It's just a comparison between a horse carriage and a Buggati Veyron ¿Aren't the horses doing as much as they are capable of? Of course, but they just don't have the tools to compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And people also had over 10 YEARS less collective experience. Talent is one thing, but supporting talent with experience, knowledge, and technology massively increases performance.

People like to tout Y+0 as some sort of amazing achievement, but the reality is that most people quickly stopped trying to even attempt it because it was considered impossible - that was a mistake, but it didn't mean the people who succeeded were somehow magically more skilled than everyone else; they just kept trying when everyone else wasn't. Even Y+0 is miles away in difficulty from modern mythic design. In fact it's mostly trivial now, considering the increased complexity of fight mechanics over the past decade+.

If you seriously believe that old TBC/WotLK era raiding can hold a candle to modern fights, you're suffering from severe nostalgia goggles; and/or you haven't actually raided at a competitive level in either era, and don't comprehend the actual difficulty of those raids.

There were some old raids that were more ENJOYABLE than modern ones, to be sure (Ulduar comes to mind), but there is absolutely no question that modern mythic is the hardest WoW has ever been.
    That's absolute nonsense. The burden of proof is on YOU to prove that TENS OF MILLIONS MORE PEOPLE have additively less skill in an MMO compared to about a mil that exist now.

I know that if you are a teenager or maybe up to ~25 you might have the delusion "boomers didn't have skill before ~MoP" but that's just pure nonsense: since TBC the game was EXTREMELY finished in terms of the basics of raiding mechanics and the basics of class designs: WotLK was mainly a polishing of that and the same was done with Cata while MoP and the rest were mainly polishing what was already there and imitating the past raiding and class designs (for the largest part at least).
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-07-06 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That's absolute nonsense. The burden of proof is on YOU to prove that TENS OF MILLIONS MORE PEOPLE have additively less skill in an MMO compared to about a mil that exist now.

I know that if you are a teenager or maybe up to ~25 you might have the delusion "boomers didn't have skill before ~MoP" but that's just pure nonsense: since TBC the game was EXTREMELY finished in terms of the basics of raiding mechanics and the basics of class designs: WotLK was mainly a polishing of that and the same was done with Cata while MoP and the rest were mainly polishing what was already there and imitating the past raiding and class designs (for the largest part at least).
    You: ::makes a completely baseless claim that cannot possibly be supported by evidence::

Me: ::points out that you're comparing apples to oranges::

You: "Noooooooooooooooooo!!! It's not my job to support my baseless claims, you should do the research yourself and then you'll figure it out!!!!"

Please.

Actually, first it is incumbent on you to properly parse what was said - i.e. that it's not just about amassing vast amounts of raw "skills" but, also about a decade and a half worth of experience, practice, information, and iterative systems of analysis, support, etc.

"Skill" is often used as some kind of arbitrary silver bullet, as though you could just sit down a super smart person and they'd intuitively know anything and everything about a game. That's how it works in movies, when the 6-year old "prodigy" sits down and suddenly knows how to hack a computer. That's not how it works in real life.

Going through the streams it seems there is a lack of poc player. Anyway for blizzard to add affirmative actions to change that?
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-07-07 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Going through the streams it seems there is a lack of poc player. Anyway for blizzard to add affirmative actions to change that?
    No. Go away with that stuff. Want poc people to play pro? Let them do that themselves instead of making them more preferred players.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Actually, first it is incumbent on you to properly parse what was said - i.e. that it's not just about amassing vast amounts of raw "skills" but, also about a decade and a half worth of experience, practice, information, and iterative systems of analysis, support, etc.

"Skill" is often used as some kind of arbitrary silver bullet, as though you could just sit down a super smart person and they'd intuitively know anything and everything about a game. That's how it works in movies, when the 6-year old "prodigy" sits down and suddenly knows how to hack a computer. That's not how it works in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You: ::makes a completely baseless claim that cannot possibly be supported by evidence::

Me: ::points out that you're comparing apples to oranges::

You: "Noooooooooooooooooo!!! It's not my job to support my baseless claims, you should do the research yourself and then you'll figure it out!!!!"

Please.
    I bet you've no clue how the burden of proof works. It's the duty of the person that does the extraordinary claim to prove the common sense is wrong: not the duty of someone calling for common sense.

You practically claim that TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE have accumulated much less skill that about a mil of people which is utterly obsurd (and NO: people weren't "skilless boomers").

I bet you've no clue how the burden of proof works. It's the duty of the person that does the extraordinary claim to prove the common sense is wrong: not the duty of someone calling for common sense.

You practically claim that TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE have accumulated much less skill that about a mil of people which is utterly obsurd (and NO: people weren't "skilless boomers").
    Hey buddy, you're not making a common sense argument. The only thing extraordinary here are the lengths you're going to in an effort to avoid having to substantiate a completely improvable claim.

I mean, you can keep insisting that we're saying something very different from what we're actually saying, but that doesn't make it true. I suggest you go back one post and actually try and understand the point first, before trying to reframe it into something it isn't.

the cumulative skill from 10s of millions of people a decade ago is lower than the collective skill of x million today. This is how everything works.

There are many Olympic gold medalists whose winnings scores wouldn't even qualify to make the team today. Old baseball/hockey players who were incredible in their day couldn't even make a junior team now.

It's how the world works. People get better.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Hasn't the raid been out for like 2 hours? Has noone really beaten Sylvanas yet, even on Normal? I want to see the cinematic!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Hasn't the raid been out for like 2 hours? Has noone really beaten Sylvanas yet, even on Normal? I want to see the cinematic!
    Invader! Cease this foolish venture at once! Turn away while you still can!

How is this race fair when EU gets no maintenance time? NA still going to win because they are superior forms on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zherka View Post
    How is this race fair when EU gets no maintenance time? NA still going to win because they are superior forms on this planet.
    I mean, have you seen Echo's MDI team? If WoW ever dries up I'm sure they could hit up Zoolander for an easy gig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zherka View Post
    2/10, just for the effort. Try better on a different account.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Isnt this race baiting? Where are the god damn mods

I'm just patiently waiting for the QUALITY Jdance shitpost to drop.

That's usually good for a couple of pages of replies in the R2WF threads.