Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The fact is that's still too long. 7 months, 8 months,. Hell 6 months is too long.
    Honestly, the first few times people were saying this I kinda accepted that maybe they just didn't think about the pandemic and how it affect everything.

But I guess it still needs to be said that there was a major pandemic.

The fact is that's still too long. 7 months, 8 months,. Hell 6 months is too long.
    6 months too long? Lol, 6 months is perfect, if you front load to much you get 11+ months of a final patch. Also COVID-19 EXISTS and is fucking around the world you know, so only being at best 2 months, and I'd say only 1 month behind isn't that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Lmfao, a content drought thread before the raid and dungeon are even released.

This fucking place, I'm telling you.
    People keep saying this and I keep thinking "Well, why did they release the patch without the 2 core pieces of Content that the patch is bringing?"

The only reason I can think of is that gating it for a week or two stops the top-end players from clearing everything 'too fast' and getting bored with the mediocre world zone and recycled-for-the-fourth-time assaults immediately.

If there's a better reason please tell me, I'm not currently playing Retail so I genuinely don't know what's actually in the game from the 9.1 patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    what exactly did you expect?
    please, name a patch you have as a point of reference of what a patch should have
    5.2 and 5.4 are two patches absolutely filled to the brim with stuff to do, compared to 9.1.

Patch 5.0. : MoP Launch, Septemeber 25, 2012

Patch 5.1: Landfall, November 27, 2012

Patch 5.2.0 : The Thunder King, March 5, 2013

Patch 5.3: Escalation, May 21, 2013

= 238 days

Shadowlands Launch until 9.1

= 218 days
    Yet, only 5.2 got compareable content.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly, the first few times people were saying this I kinda accepted that maybe they just didn't think about the pandemic and how it affect everything.

Ahh yes the Pandemic excuse. Even though Cataclysm, WoD, and BFA were terrible expansions, and they didn’t have a Pandemic excuse to fall back on.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-06 at 12:38 AM.

Ahh yes the Pandemic excuse. Even though Cataclysm, WoD, and BFA were terrible expansions, and they didn’t have a Pandemic excuse to fall back on.
    If the game is so terrible, why are you here? Feel free to play literally any other game in the world, we the people of MMO give you permission, go out and seek that what makes you happy, and take your negativity with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Just how many years will Blizzard be able to ride this excuse?

Their development pace has always been slow. There is no way they are recovering from this without cutting Shadowlands short.

Ahh yes the Pandemic excuse. Even though Cataclysm, WoD, and BFA were terrible expansions, but I guess they didn’t have a Pandemic excuse to fall back on.
    It's not an excuse, it's been a fact.
    Most players criticize the amount to do in the patch and that they expected something bigger due to the prolonged waiting time, which isn't quite fair when the effective development time likely was not longer due to the pandemic.

The game most comparable right now, Final Fantasy XIV also got their next expansion postponed, sometimes there is just a higher force you can't do anything against, glad it only happend once in nearly two decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Their development pace has always been slow. There is no way they are recovering from this without cutting Shadowlands short.
    The time the pandemic held on+half a year i'd say.

Okay, "greatest country on earth" also handled everything like a third world country so i'll give them another half a year on top of that.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2021-07-06 at 12:46 AM.

If it was always slow, how did they get to Shadowlands in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    If the game is so terrible, why are you here? Feel free to play literally any other game in the world, we the people of MMO give you permission, go out and seek that what makes you happy, and take your negativity with you.
    Nah I’m good. I need to vent so that hopefully things change as there are Blizzard employees that read these forums. I already canceled my sub though on patch day. First time in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    It's not an excuse, it's been a fact.
    Most players criticize the amount to do in the patch and that they expected something bigger due to the prolonged waiting time, which isn't quite fair when the effective development time likely was not longer due to the pandemic.

The game most comparable right now, Final Fantasy XIV also got their next expansion postponed, sometimes there is just a higher force you can't do anything against, glad it only happend once in nearly two decades.
    if that was a fact why were 4 out of the previous xpacs worse than shadowlands?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2021-07-06 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    if that was a fact why were 4 out of the previous xpacs awful?
    That's not only subjective, it's also ouf of context.
    3/10 bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    That's not only subjective, it's also ouf of context.
    3/10 bait.
    no not out of context atal, what was their excuse for why cata parts of legion wod and bfa were awfal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    6 months too long? Lol, 6 months is perfect, if you front load to much you get 11+ months of a final patch. Also COVID-19 EXISTS and is fucking around the world you know, so only being at best 2 months, and I'd say only 1 month behind isn't that bad.
    This hasn’t been factored in yet, but there were fires near the HQ and employees had to be evacuated off their homes in Irvine.

Barring patch quality, delays were bound to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Since there hasn't been a single post about this yet, I wanted to start a thread about the complete lack of content in 9.1. Day 1 took a few hours to complete. Every day since has taken 10-30 minutes to complete dailies and covenant assaults. We have the new raid coming Wednesday and new pvp and M+ seasons as well. All up, I predict a 2-3 months of content for most players.

Is this the great return to form we have all been waiting for? Yes, I know the all of the usual replies. Just don't play it. Unsubscribe after 2 months and wait for the next major patch. Why are you even writing this? Who are you to comment on the glorious Mother land of Blizzard? How dare you! Your views do not align with mine, how dare you!

I think it is OK to expect more.
    are you ONLY doing the quests? you arnt exploring? killing rares? hunting down secrets? then no duh you have nothing to do. also we literally havent even started the patch yet, the real patch launches tomorow.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Again, pandemic.

This isn't something to be argued or debated.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    are you ONLY doing the quests? you arnt exploring? killing rares? hunting down secrets? then no duh you have nothing to do. also we literally havent even started the patch yet, the real patch launches tomorow.
    Exploring? What is there to explore. You get the achievement for exploring the zone by running down a hill.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the problem is that is been gated so that you can only do soo much there in a day and if you try it can be done with in a few hrs minus the teleport rares

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i know how bugs work thats why i said little to no bugs as for example when you fix a bug for 9.0.5 then add 9.1 there's a chance that when the code is changed a previously fixed bug can reappear in a new version or "patch" of a game like wow,

what about raiding? am i entitle if i expect to not suffer major lag during fights, people unable to log on be4 the raid or after getting dcd mid fight, boss being bugged making it impossible to kill, or even all of the above?
    No, you are not. What part of "as is" is eluding you?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.