Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Or you know, we can fix the game that already exists instead of pointlessly making it even worse.
    I mean, I highly doubt the game can be fixed right now. I essentially think WoW is done... unless they literally decide to bring all of the content back to Azeroth and do a massive rework and introduce old zones that were scrapped and potential new villains.

But we all know that won't happen.
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

Or you know, we can fix the game that already exists instead of pointlessly making it even worse.
    There are people who doesnt care If you do 5% less dps than others specs.

Im all for class balance, but would love new classes (no tinker, please), new specs, more skills/talents and customization.

One thing I would like to see implemented was that inspect or armory stoped to show your talents/build. It would be fun bring some mistery back, try to find that combination of talents (we would need more options here) that are ideal for your gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    Just a general curiosity of what would have to change to make you resubscribe to WoW
    New content and patches every 4 to 8 weeks just like FF14 does. And lot of lot of new cool looking spells and abilities with huge SFX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wMw View Post
    New content and patches every 4 to 8 weeks just like FF14 does. And lot of lot of new cool looking spells and abilities with huge SFX.

Yeah, I can guarantee that will never happen, blizzard/activision laid off a shit ton of developers and are just trying as hard as they can to make profit.

Nice thought though
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliax View Post
    There are people who doesnt care If you do 5% less dps than others specs.

Im all for class balance, but would love new classes (no tinker, please), new specs, more skills/talents and customization.

One thing I would like to see implemented was that inspect or armory stoped to show your talents/build. It would be fun bring some mistery back, try to find that combination of talents (we would need more options here) that are ideal for your gameplay.
    Doesnt matter if people care about min/max balance outside the people who actually do, they will be funneled into it if they try M+, BG and raids. They will constantly get input about this or that.
    In my view, adding new classes are the worst call to be made and I'm pretty sure Devs agreee. It is hard enough to balance as it is and the players who doesnt care are the ones that are not vocal. They probably just want casual content and are happy with that.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

They would have to change so many things from WoW for me to resub that they'd just have to call it WoW 2.

Dear God, fuck no. They can't even balance the ones they have. DPS DH has been trash the whole expansion.
    They've never been able to balance the classes they've had. Ergo, adding a new class won't change anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

For me, in no particular order:

1.) Less store mounts. This could be mitigated by two things for me, personally. Either add mounts that can be earned that are just as good as the store mounts, or remove the subscription. The amount of store mounts they add that are higher quality than earnable ones is just disgusting, especially considering the price for a mount itself. With that, and the subscription cost, they need to cut back on one of the two.

2.) Change how they handle character services. The reasoning is that they’re extremely overpriced, especially considering the subscription we already pay, they rarely offer deals on them, and they don’t bundle them. With the importance of guilds for mythic raiding, and not being able to cross-realm join guilds/mythic groups until far into the patch, someone who played on server that is now dead, or is on a dying server, may have to level all their toons again due to the sheer cost of transferring and/or faction changing. This could be made somewhat better if they added a token/perk each month you are subbed to give one character service (I would say anything except the boosts).

3.) Less of the systems they keep adding and throwing away every expansion. They seem to find a good system, use it for one expansion, then scrap everything people liked about it while keeping the bad stuff for a new system. Right now there is also just way too much to do per toon because of them: level, gear, farm legendary base mats, craft the base item -and maybe higher ilvl variants as needed-, farm the legendary item to fully craft it, run torghast for ash to craft it, do all the renown/campaign stuff (and hope you chose the right one and not have to re-do it), do the Maw stuff for Ven’ari rep, unlock the proper soulbinds/conduits, farm the item to level up your conduits until they get to the appropriate ilvl (and hope the rng chooses the right one to level up), and I’m sure there’s more I’m missing out on here. And that’s also if you just want to do one or the other of PvE/PvP. If you want to do both, especially at higher levels, it’s more of an issue.

4.) Don’t make us wait as long for content patches. Even if they want to do their big x.1/x.2 stuff, they need to work on putting out smaller patches in between. In MOP they had little story patches with stuff to do in between the major ones. This was really well executed imo, and did good to not feel like there were content droughts (until the end of expansion one).

5.) Change story writers, or how they handle the story at least. The Sylvanas stuff has been just horrible to me. They pulled the Jailor out of their ass, and now Sylvanas just magically beats the Lich King 1v1, an Elune empowered Tyrande (twice now, right), and has pretty much gotten away with everything she has done. And now it is shaping up that “iT wAs JuSt ThE bAd HaLf” now, and they seemingly want to give some form of redemption. They’re getting into Game of Thrones final seasons territory with how bad a lot of it has been. Not to mention that each expansion more and more of the lore gets changed. Chronicles was supposed to be setting things straight, now that’s even getting retconned to “just be one point of view (the Titans)”.

4.) The Raid Team. Leave them as they are. They are perfect angels who do a phenomenal job. The only thing that kept me playing until this expansion has been the raiding. They always seem to make the majority of the fights feel new and fun, even when they are just the occasional recycled Patchwerk type fight.

5.) Listen more to player feedback. A lot of the issues I listed above (and those I won’t list to keep my post short) could be resolved by them just listening more to player feedback. The only time they seem to listen is when there is such massive outrage that even those who mindlessly defend everything Blizz does get mad. If they listened before that point a lot of the issues could be resolved and WoW would probably be in a better place. I’m not saying every single criticism has to be listened to, because some people bitch to just bitch, but there is constructive criticism and breakdowns on their ptr/beta forums that gets completely ignored. If they got involved with the larger content creators to survey their communities more it might help.

Sorry if the formatting is off, on mobile right now and it’s a long post. I don’t expect everyone to read all the way through, but if you see this part, this is my general feeling:

Just because something isn’t a big issue to you and your friends, doesn’t mean it isn’t an issue. If something doesn’t effect you and your friends one way or another, then there is no issue in making a change that will help people that are effected by it. Blizzard needs to start looking at the small groups who are largely effected by issues. When people’s friends start leaving for other games due to issues, then their friends will often follow them even if they don’t have the issue, which starts a snowball effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    They would have to change so many things from WoW for me to resub that they'd just have to call it WoW 2.
    Sadly, Im in the boat too, first time I unsubed since Setember of 2005.

- 10 man raids
    - class balance so class choice would be personal preference and not a must and make classes fun to play
    - make your character meaningful for the story
    - stop scrapping everything (e.x. legion legendary power grind) after expansion
    - make tanks tank again instead of kiting
    - make more interesting challenges then giving time limit everywhere you can
    - scrap factions so ppl will lose the reason to hate each other ("dismantle the horde" but also dismantle the alliance)
    - something to do outside the holy trinity that gives you feeling of progression (holy trinity: raiding-dungeons-pvp)

I guess I expect too much >_>

too much. i'm just done with it. plenty of games do the things i enjoy far better than WoW these days and the only thing i really miss from it are the races and some of the zones.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Ive thought of one thing they could steal from FF14 that would be entirely in keeping with their current design philosophy to keep wow as the king of competitive, hardcore mmos.

Trials/Extreme Trials and Ultimates.

Trials (the rest are extra difficulty levels) are basically single boss encounters. No trash, nothing. Just you, your team and a boss. They make it ten man content (not 20, keep that for traditional raiding). You get your group together, go in and blast it. If you beat it, it'll take you around 5-10 minutes (which can scoot up to around 15-20 in ultimates).

Thats it. Thats your time commitment. Of course, you'll have to wipe plenty to learn it, but it would switch up ten man content a bit and also give something more quick and accessible for that community. They have so many boss fights they could draw from. Ff14 isnt ashamed of using bosses from earlier expansions, so why should wow? All they'd have to do is bring it up to date and throw in some more challenging mechanics to make it fresh.

I mean, its not like they cant do this? They did it for the anniversary event. Take those fights to start, beef them up, make one of them an ultimate, and bish bosh, a new system in game they can continually add to and update.

I am fighting WoW from inside, i am getting 6-months subscriptions but i hardly play! I am destroying their MAUs!

1. Split the director position at WoW in pve, pvp and raiding.
    2. Obviously assign Ion over raiding with no power to touch any other part of the game
    3. Bring all QA testing in house for raiding and stop relying on the top guilds
    4. PVE gear vendors with a set currency that you earn from multiple sources
    5. Darkmoon Faire 24/7 and expand it EXPONENTIALLY
    6. Create content with the exclusive reward of glamour and tittles
    7. For the love of god fix timewalking and have it available all the time to use the god damn 17 years worth of content you have.
    8. Take this borrowed power crap and throw it in the garbage.
    9. Hire people who communicate. Make post every single week of how bots/RMT you are banning, direct people to official responses to keep misinformation from getting spread, moderate your god damn forums and move all of the game is dying or FF14 post is better to the other section of the forum immediately.

completely end definitively with no chance of coming back the sylvanus storyline. and get some decent writers ffs.

More focus on class/specs/rotations, less unnecessary, temporary, over-complicated systems.

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I am fighting WoW from inside, i am getting 6-months subscriptions but i hardly play! I am destroying their MAUs!
    A true warrior, fighting for the cause.

Focus on what made WoW great to begin with. Building out the world with zones, quests, and NPCs we care about. Let us feel adventurous again. Stop making it so world-shatteringly important, the stakes don't always have to be that high.

STOP adding in the sub-game elements. Get rid of the mission table, let it die. Stop creating untold numbers of inter-dependent systems and gimmicks to try to make zones or areas "interesting" or "challenging". Making the Maw and Torghast so damn important to every other aspect of the game just made people grow tired of everything more quickly.

Get rid of stuff like Renown and Freed Souls and Anima or War Resources or the spate of other limited-use currencies like Soul Ash and Stygia that only works in certain zones or for very ad hoc things. Stop the borrowed power nonsense... it is creating peaks and valleys as patches and expansions go on and it feels like our characters haven't really changed since the beginning of Legion. We go up, up, up and then we lose our artifact, back down again. We get the heart of Azeroth and Azerite gear, but then all that doesn't last past BfA. We'll have Covenant abilities and Soulbinds until we leave Shadowlands and then that's all gone. Coupled with ongoing class changes the rollercoaster is NOT fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    - Remove World Quest
    - Bring back Attunements
    - Restrict LFG Tools
    - Two difficulties are more than enough (normal / heroic)
    - 10 and 25 or (20) man raiding
    - Gtfo with systems
    Just play tbc then instead of making the game misserable for everyone else.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..