Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Are there any truly AMAZING games right now?

That rival the magic that I felt when I logged into WoW for the first time in 2004?

I haven't felt that in a long time.

*edit* Any genre...
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2021-07-06 at 07:01 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Your mileage may vary.

People are touting FFXIV right now. Personally, I quite like FFXIV, but I like it because it's an epic JRPG, not because it's a replacement for WoW as an MMO. If you want a magical new MMO... well, I don't think FFXIV is going to scratch that itch. You might want to look into more sandboxy MMOs, like SWGrestoration or Ultima Online private servers and such.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-07-06 at 06:49 AM.

9.1 Raid and new seasonal affix look awesome.

Does it have to be an MMO or Multiplayer? Plenty of great single player games.

I am trying for quite some time to look for that first time wow play magic but i can't find it in any game. I think we are just old or today's games are just shit.
    The last game i enjoyed was The Witcher 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    I am trying for quite some time to look for that first time wow play magic but i can't find it in any game. I think we are just old or today's games are just shit.
    The last game i enjoyed was The Witcher 3.
    If you enjoyed Witcher 3 you might enjoy Ghost of Tsushima. Excellent game, just lacks the fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    mmo charm? sorry i don't think so, u clearly specific u want to feel magic of logging to a massive multiplayer game, that limits the game pool limit to purely mmo genre, and wow imo is still best ( i don't like FF look, prefer more D&D style of wow)
    but u asking games in general? then first what game types u prefer, because yes there are a lot of amazing games, like Ghost of Tsushima (it won't of course invoke wow feel)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    If you enjoyed Witcher 3 you might enjoy Ghost of Tsushima. Excellent game, just lacks the fantasy.
    I want to play that but i don't own a playstation unfortunately and there is no future plan to come on PC.

I'm sure there are some indie gems out there that dont get the attention they deserve but i havent found a magical game since mass effect, but thats just me.

July 9th there is a new MMO called Swords of Legends...i dont know much about it though.
    39.99 on steam, buy to play, no sub

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    July 9th there is a new MMO called Swords of Legends...i dont know much about it though.
    39.99 on steam, buy to play, no sub
    Be warned: it's being published by Gameforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Be warned: it's being published by Gameforge.
    ill make a gamble on this one ^^
    I dont expect much from it...i even expect to be scammed to be honest

This is a pretty awesome game!

Google for "Ghost Trappers Classic"

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does it have to be an MMO or Multiplayer? Plenty of great single player games.
    It can be any game...
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    This is a pretty awesome game!

Google for "Ghost Trappers Classic"
    Seriously doubt he'd be interested in some generic crappy mobile/browser game...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-07-06 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    That rival the magic that I felt when I logged into WoW for the first time in 2004?
    Well, don't know about you but for me logging into WoW for the first time wasn't just playing a new game for the first time, it was discovering/getting into the MMORPG genre, that can only be done once, pretty much.

With that said, Valheim was the most recent that gave me a similar feeling, although not with the same longevity (which to be fair is to be expected given the different genre and it being still in early access). Still got 185 great hours over the course of two months or so.

There's still many amazing games coming out or being updated recently. Celeste and Star Sector come to mind first. Oldschool Runescape is really fun if you swing the long grind but very clear goal.
    They are billions looks a lot of fun. Zachtronics has lots of really good puzzle games. Shenzhen I/O is my favorite. Soon we'll be getting The Great Ace Attorney. All ace attorney games have been really good.
    Pokemmo is really really fun for classic pokemon experience. They buffed all the gym leaders and elite 4. I didn't participate in player stuff at all last time, just enjoyed the classic experience made more difficult.
    I wanna be the guy fangames are still awesome. It's similar to real life golf in theme. Learn to jump the different height jumps consistently. Then many different games with different obstacles but same controls.

There's lots more but this is too long already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing the sort of feeling you are looking for there are very few games that make me feel that way. No MMO out there really rivals WoW in that old way you mentioned. People are talking FFXIV and maybe that'll be your thing but that game never worked for me and never made me feel the same way I felt when I first logged into WoW. Something about that game isnt clicking with me and I can never put my finger on what it is.

Single player games are your best bet, even tohught he last single player game I played that blew me away was A Plague Tale: Innocence. Its not a big game in fact you can probably complete it in less than 15 hours but its quickly become one of my favourite games of all time, but once again its all personal taste. Sometimes you got to find your own way to these moments, if it ever comes at all.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-06 at 11:43 AM.

Seriously doubt he'd be interested in some generic crappy mobile/browser game...
    A game that has been around for 12 years and defined social gaming and it loved by millions? Maybe do your research first!

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    A game that has been around for 12 years and defined social gaming and it loved by millions? Maybe do your research first!
    Doesn't change what it looks like, which isn't "amazing". And "defined"? Never even heard of it... barely anything of it on Google beyond its website.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-07-06 at 07:58 AM.