New model looks pretty nice, but no reason to get it if you already have one though. And I mean, why would they release one with better specs when the normal one is still selling like hotcakes? Seems smart to just release a slightly cleaner version of the original, like they have many times in the past for their other handhelds.

Switch Pro was literally a better screen and more storage and a built in ethernet port.

LMFAO.

I'll buy it though, OLED display gonna shit on the crappy ass screen on current switches and I mostly play handheld.

Now will you guys learn your lesson to not trust all the idiots claiming 4k, DLSS and better CPU? Or will you go back to posting their shit the next time they start throwing it at a wall?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-07-06 at 02:13 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I'm mostly amused that they decided to put an ethernet port in the dock for the OLED model, which you would surely only get over the older model if you want a better portable screen. Nintendo logic at its finest.

I wonder how the "leakers" are going to cling on to their switch pro nonsense now, though.
    Yeah. Anyone who was claiming that a "pro" model was coming, including a lot of the idiotic talking heads games journos, all look like idiots.

I'd expect a new console to be announced for 2023 at the earliest, depends on how long before Switch sales slow down and how quickly. There's zero reason for me to buy the new Switch model since the OLED screen isn't worth the extra $75 I'm going to have to pay.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it LOOKS nice, but i was still hoping for higher clock speeds and more ram for games that struggle to run at a stable frame rate

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

Welp.

It has no spec bumps so it's kind of a waste of money so ima pass
    RIP years of rumors about that switch pro and me holding off. Guess I'll just wait until I can nab one of these or if there's a good skinned bundle or something. I love Nintendo because they don't just do what Sony/Microsoft do, but sometimes like, I wish they'd do it just a little bit. Gimme native 4K Mario pls, I just want more pretty pixels sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty underwhelming considering I already do most of my playing on an OLED TV.
    /s

Well that is a completely worthless waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Pretty underwhelming considering I already do most of my playing on an OLED TV.
    Forreals, I was just hoping for some decent upscaling tech or something. I've got a 4K TV and that's where I'd play most, I just want some more pretty pixels dangit.

I might just grab it because I've had my switch since launch anyway.

But I dunno. I'll have to really think about the money.
    weddings are expensive please help me I want vidjas.

I've been waiting for this. I don't own a TV so I'm not as disappointed as other people in the lack of 4k and DLSS. I mainly wanted the OLED and preferably Bluetooth (which I haven't heard anything of so I fear the worst).

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

Welp.

It has no spec bumps so it's kind of a waste of money so ima pass
    Ya, I have literally been saying they are making the Switch 2, a pro would be a waste of time, expect to hear about Switch 2 next year, it should release in early 2023. They have been working on it for a while now.

I like how wired lan is some selling point when you can already get wired lan on OG switch if you really want it. If you don't got the red box version, this would be be worth picking up since it's basically 1:1 Red box specs with slightly bigger screen, but otherwise, nah.

Shame the case is .1 inches longer though, since most grips and such that are available right now won't be usable with it, but I guess those will come around soon enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya, I have literally been saying they are making the Switch 2, a pro would be a waste of time, expect to hear about Switch 2 next year, it should release in early 2023. They have been working on it for a while now.
    Switch 2 ain't coming for several years, not while switch 1 is selling gangbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I've been waiting for this. I don't own a TV so I'm not as disappointed as other people in the lack of 4k and DLSS. I mainly wanted the OLED and preferably Bluetooth (which I haven't heard anything of so I fear the worst).
    All of Switch'es Bluetooth channels are dedicated for controllers. You can connect 8 controllers (each Joycon is individual connection, so only 4 pair of them).

It’s a little bit pointless without any spec upgrades would rather just wait for a properly upgraded version with a screen that size too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    All of Switch'es Bluetooth channels are dedicated for controllers. You can connect 8 controllers (each Joycon is individual connection, so only 4 pair of them).
    Makes sense. However, since 2017 most audio devices are now wireless. Airpods and these fancy noise cancelling headphones have replaced the wired earbuds. It'd be a shame if the Switch had no room for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Makes sense. However, since 2017 most audio devices are now wireless. Airpods and these fancy noise cancelling headphones have replaced the wired earbuds. It'd be a shame if the Switch had no room for them.
    You can always get a dongle. Most USB-C Bluetooth dongles designed for Switch (meaning they don't look ridicilous on it) cost like 30 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can always get a dongle. Most USB-C Bluetooth dongles designed for Switch (meaning they don't look ridicilous on it) cost like 30 bucks.
    Ah cheers, that GuliKit Route thing looks decent.

Disappointing. Was hoping for a slight performance boost for a smoother experience.

I honestly feel this will be the DSI of the switch models and we will get a true Switch 2 like holiday next year or the following year.
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was planned to happen this year but the silicon shortage fucked everything.

If you already own a switch and it works then there is no reason to get this one. Also I feel the higher price tag isn't justified and its just to make people get conditioned to the "Switch 2" costing more than the switch did.

Hell a better cooled switch so it could always run at full speed would have been nice but oh well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Disappointing. Was hoping for a slight performance boost for a smoother experience.
    Wait 1 more year. They will realise a upgraded version after. They did this before.
    Don't sweat the details!!!