Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The obvious solution is something by a different game company. Our feedback on WoW should not be directed at Blizzard -- that cause is long since lost -- but at other companies that may be considering making MMOs. Tell those companies what killed WoW for you, so they don't make the same dumbass mistakes.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I find it funny how many of you are blind to the obvious: ALMOST ALL people that have quit the game would LOVE a reset
    Source please.

Why do you need a WoW 2? PLus deleting wow and remaking it again is not the same as following up WC1-3 with an MMO.

Why did the second post get an infraction. The moderation on this forum is joke.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    WoW 2 wouldnt work because it removes the reason why people are tied to playing WoW: their character. A new game would mean a new character would have to be made from scratch.
    wow 2 doesn't necessarily mean new characters
    look at every wow expansions, and tbc
    you just move there
    you can however reset some particular systems like wealth for instance

No thanks. If they were to replace WoW with WoW2.0 I seriously doubt that I would go along for the ride. There is the sunk-cost fallacy to consider.

Besides, it seems that we get to practically start over every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Why do you need a WoW 2? PLus deleting wow and remaking it again is not the same as following up WC1-3 with an MMO.

Why did the second post get an infraction. The moderation on this forum is joke.
    why deleting? I don't think anyone want to delete wow, some people will forever play wow 1 (see classic population, classic era population moved away to illegal servers because blizzard wouldn't merge all realms or create a "fresh server" system)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    No thanks. If they were to replace WoW with WoW2.0 I seriously doubt that I would go along for the ride. There is the sunk-cost fallacy to consider.

Besides, it seems that we get to practically start over every expansion.
    everquest 2 ran along with everquest 1 very well
    blizzard succeeded in making better than eq1, they can also succeed in making better than eq2

I am not a computer scientist or an IT guy in general to undedstand the fundamantelas, but i agree with the people who say that we are basically at WoW 3 atm. Having said that i would love to play another game in the Warcraft Universe that could focus on stories that were told in the books and in the comics, maybe a single player Action RPG game with the camera behind the character (unlike diablo) that could replicate ranged classes well as well as melee classes that Souls games don't do.

You 3 missed the point. It had nothing to do with nostalgia or redoing the same thing since obviously: you can do that with 'classic' or if you only changed the graphics and nothing else it would be obviously boring.

By "re-telling" I meant a pure soft-reboot: while the engine would be modern and all that: the story would also be refreshed (e.g. it could be simpler for new players (at least at the start) or it could focus more on sub-stories that were ignored in the old game or just have a new look at the same/similar events in a more modern/better way (or at least they could try!!).
    I mean, i just used your own words... re-telling a story. I used it because you used it, then if it was something else you meant, sure. Now that's cleared up at least.

And yeah, when I used the term remake I mean it as a remake, sort of like the FF7 remake. Otherwise it has no appeal to me, sounds more like a spin off sort of thing, WoW: Stories or something like that.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I find it funny how many of you are blind to the obvious: ALMOST ALL people that have quit the game would LOVE a reset and seeing you seethe about it would be EXACTLY an extra reason for them to love to return.
    I quit the game every so often. Sometimes for years sometimes for months. What always brings me back is new activities to do with my established character/account. If my account ever got banned I probably wouldn't play again just like what happened with my EQ2 account. The game is alright IMHO. They got problems sure but overall I like the unique art style (big shoulders and crazy armor) and the game is always updated pretty well work every expansion. I've really liked the covenant stories especially the Night Fae and I think focusing on current instead of trying to do a brand new game works best for them as an established game is more likely to profit for them than a venture on a "retelling" that may not take or be popular for a bit like classic and then fizzle out.

I find it funny how many of you are blind to the obvious: ALMOST ALL people that have quit the game would LOVE a reset and seeing you seethe about it would be EXACTLY an extra reason for them to love to return.
    Lol calm down with the flamebait. Im sure some people would want a hard reset -- but how many? There isnt any data on this that can be recognized to show that even a simply majority wants this to happen. You act like these ideas dont cross a product development floor at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    wow 2 doesn't necessarily mean new characters
    look at every wow expansions, and tbc
    you just move there
    you can however reset some particular systems like wealth for instance
    So what would make WoW 2 --- WoW 2?

Made an account after lurking for 10 years just to say that this is the dumbest thread I've ever read.

You're like that inept raid leader who says "C'mon guys do better" after a wipe, as if that's the obviously better solution we all missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBuzzworth View Post
    Made an account after lurking for 10 years just to say that this is the dumbest thread I've ever read.

You're like that inept raid leader who says "C'mon guys do better" after a wipe, as if that's the obviously better solution we all missed.

You'll be infracted/banned for this, but big agree here.

Somebody should tell OP this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol calm down with the flamebait. Im sure some people would want a hard reset -- but how many? There isnt any data on this that can be recognized to show that even a simply majority wants this to happen. You act like these ideas dont cross a product development floor at any time.

probably the main thing would be a new graphic engine, better than overwatch, which would make new players think that it looks better than ff14. I assume people think ff14 looks better than wow when they randomly see pictures of each games
    wow used to be good looking for its time, now it just has good artstyle so I think the looks would be one big thing. they will never change it on wow 1 because too many players love how it looks and would quit if everything just isn't wow anymore, but new players, not so much I think

the second thing which would make it wow 2 would be its gameplay; I have no idea what it would be, only blizzard can create an evolved gameplay that would fit "wow"
    it will need to be simple though
    maybe it would involve different hitboxes or physics, having players solid, custom jump size height or length
    possibility to alter terrain, dig, cut trees or whatever, things like what happens on sandbox games
    weapons, bow, swords, with real physics, and not just an icon that does something
    maybe you could hold mouse buttons or move the mouse in a certain way to charge or direct an attack, having a block command, or a dodge
    dodge and parry not being just an automated stat, but instead actual things you control
    combat on vehicles, horses and all
    with a style that looks like lord of the rings, with the fantasy, except with the wow artstyle (not realistic)
    you know
    that kind of things, "wow 2"
    and making it actually good, like game makers sometimes do
    I trust blizzard for making it addictive, they just need a good base
    Last edited by Cæli; 2021-07-06 at 05:38 PM.

It's the year 2021, already.

I recall saying one the cataclysm expansion came out thinking to myself wow in about 10 years there will definitely be a next generation second World of Warcraft game released.

Well it's past that, and zero word if that's ever coming at all

Or I’ve always dreamed of them surprising us and releasing World of Diablo MMORPG. which would be a much more mature darker themed type game, Built on a brand new next generation game engine and learning from their mistakes from WiW.

Still waiting for that.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-07-06 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    It's the year 2021, already.

I recall saying one the cataclysm expansion came out thinking to myself wow in about 10 years there will definitely be a next generation second World of Warcraft game released.

Well it's past that, and zero word if that's ever coming at all

Or I’ve always dreamed of them surprising us and releasing World of Diablo MMORPG. which would be a much more mature darker themed type game, Built on a brand new next generation game engine and learning from their mistakes from WiW.

Still waiting for that.
    Right on. I've been low key hoping for a Diablo MMO since I first played the game centuries ago. As much as I enjoy the Warcraft universe, the in-game interpretation has gotten way more whimsical over the years. I can't imagine whatever MMO Blizzard spits out in the next decade (inevitable, I think) will be geared toward a Western audience however.

We can only hope the newer company Riot Games with a lot of ex Blizzard developers maybe their MMO will be the one we’re looking for.

It’s still many years away from release maybe in 2024 but that might be the next gen WoW type game?

I do not think upcoming MMO's like ashes of creation or New World will be what we want those might not be that good that good

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    I quit the game every so often. Sometimes for years sometimes for months. What always brings me back is new activities to do with my established character/account. If my account ever got banned I probably wouldn't play again just like what happened with my EQ2 account. The game is alright IMHO. They got problems sure but overall I like the unique art style (big shoulders and crazy armor) and the game is always updated pretty well work every expansion. I've really liked the covenant stories especially the Night Fae and I think focusing on current instead of trying to do a brand new game works best for them as an established game is more likely to profit for them than a venture on a "retelling" that may not take or be popular for a bit like classic and then fizzle out.

I understand that people have vanity or/and attachment to characters, but I also covered that: you give them feats of strength of the old game achievements so they can still show off how "old school pro" they were so that takes care of the vanity at least (which is most probably way higher than basic attachment because the norm is for people to be selfish).

And having covered that: that leaves the ton of players that would love to see a reset in itself; the irony is that vanity also feeds into that: people love a reset if they have quit because it means THEY don't have to catch up as much (on achievement points at least); and those that have quit are multiple times more in numbers than those that haven't.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-07-07 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides: you don't have to complain if you are given feats of strength for past achievements: that way you vanity can still be satisfied to a large extend.
    You obviously have absolutely no idea about the appeal of being a collector. That's what really funny here, your complete incapacity or unwillingness to look at this from the perspective of another. Also, me "seething" (?) would be a reason for people who quit to return? That's about the worst, most pitiably petty reason I've ever heard.

In short, no, a large collection of extra nerdpoints is not you "covering" the "vanity appeal", or however you desperately made it work in your mind.

To further emphasise my point:
    Fishing up 10 fish gives you 10 achievement points.
    Beating Nathria Mythic gives you 10 achievement points.
    The amount of points therefor has little to no value, other than an indication of time investment and the broadness of your scope of activities.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2021-07-07 at 07:47 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    You obviously have absolutely no idea about the appeal of being a collector. That's what really funny here, your complete incapacity or unwillingness to look at this from the perspective of another.

Also, me "seething" (?) would be a reason for people who quit to return? That's about the worst, most pitiably petty reason I've ever heard.
    Yes it's petty: people are petty: that's the reality. Why do you think competitions even exist; or races to the world-first; or even any rankings of any kind.
    People love to pretend they are so altruist but deep down they purely selfish in almost all cases and trying to be polite about it doesn't negate reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's petty: people are petty: that's the reality. Why do you think competitions even exist; or races to the world-first; or even any rankings of any kind. People love to pretend they are so altruist but deep down they purely selfish in almost all cases and trying to be polite about it doesn't negate reality.
    You have a very negative, nihilistic view of people. Are you going through some kind of phase? Saying competitions only exist to fuel someone's vanity makes you sound like the kid that always gets picked last for teams, and instead of accepting they're just not good at sports they think up this convoluted subsitute reality in their heads to deal with it, rather than just accept they got noodle arms and no sense of balance.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.