Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They would need a story and setting that pulls me back in again. While there have been some side stories I've enjoyed, like Velen/Draenei stuff in Legion, the internal Kul'Tiras arc in BFA, most of the main ongoing storyline stuff I haven't really enjoyed much in a long, long time.

RP is what keeps me around and invested in an MMO. And being invested in RPing in a MMO means being invested in its lore, story and world. Having lost that investment in WoW and its world, I don't have much urge to play. I only played WoD and Legion on and off. BFA I barely touched after launch. Shadowlands I just have zero desires to touch at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Blizzard does work as a collective, Ghostcrawler said it, hell even Chris Metzen said it.. Everyone called for their termination, and they eventually quit and the games been in a tougher spot since.. Like what do you want fam.. the game to die
    the days of GC and metzen were an eternity ago at blizzard. Since then, they have taken up the identity of their ATVI overlords. That, and it's ok to admit the people they put in charge of WoW the last decade were NOT the right stewards of the game.

It's very much like Kathleen Kennedy and Star wars; on paper, she is the perfect person to be producer and the credentials check out, and yea short term they made a lot of money.... but the damage to the brand long term has been substantial.

Ion and crew took over at the VERY beginning of Legion and ever since they inherited the game, BFA and beyond, it has nosedived like a plane who's been shot down. The descent may even be too great to be "pulled up" from at this point. if the devs actually played their game, they'd have been sounding the alarms years ago when the playerbase did but instead they adopted an "US vs THEM" mentality regarding the players, and you can see it practically every time a dev speaks out on social media

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Disagree on the Legion thing. It wasn't that good. All of the problems of bfa and shadowlands were also Legion problems.
    Legion was the peak of modern WoW, there is no debate or question about it. It was also the last "huzzah" of the 2nd generation of WoW team before handing it off to Ion and company at the start, and the results speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Blizzard does work as a collective, Ghostcrawler said it, hell even Chris Metzen said it.. Everyone called for their termination, and they eventually quit and the games been in a tougher spot since.. Like what do you want fam.. the game to die
    at this stage it would be better to die so it could be reborn into something better. The way its being run since legion has been a new low every patch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    the days of GC and metzen were an eternity ago at blizzard. Since then, they have taken up the identity of their ATVI overlords. That, and it's ok to admit the people they put in charge of WoW the last decade were NOT the right stewards of the game.

It's very much like Kathleen Kennedy and Star wars; on paper, she is the perfect person to be producer and the credentials check out, and yea short term they made a lot of money.... but the damage to the brand long term has been substantial.

Ion and crew took over at the VERY beginning of Legion and ever since they inherited the game, BFA and beyond, it has nosedived like a plane who's been shot down. The descent may even be too great to be "pulled up" from at this point. if the devs actually played their game, they'd have been sounding the alarms years ago when the playerbase did but instead they adopted an "US vs THEM" mentality regarding the players, and you can see it practically every time a dev speaks out on social media

- - - Updated - - -

Legion was the peak of modern WoW, there is no debate or question about it. It was also the last "huzzah" of the 2nd generation of WoW team before handing it off to Ion and company at the start, and the results speak for themselves.
    didnt knew Ion and co. took over around that time... if true it surely explains alot of the quality in the last 2 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    at this stage it would be better to die so it could be reborn into something better. The way its being run since legion has been a new low every patch

- - - Updated - - -

didnt knew Ion and co. took over around that time... if true it surely explains alot of the quality in the last 2 expansions.
    Ion and company took charge RIGHT before Legion launched at the end of WoD (so basically legion was complete). They also brought in Jay Wilson and the core of the D3 team around that time too. They definitely put WoW in the wrong hands

3+ Year Old Account
    As someone who is playing TBC like there is no tomorrow, I'd come back to Retail if they remove all these useless and boring systems (azerite, AP, renown, conduits, Torghast, etc), no more temporary and borrowed power, no more sharding/phasing, no LFR, no instant teleport on dungeon finder, old fashioned talents (up to Cata), make proffesions great again, old world revamp or making it relevant somehow, etc... As long as those features persist, I will keep playing TBC/WotLK.
    Last edited by Nak88; 2021-07-06 at 02:43 PM.

"What would have to change to resub?"

A fucking day off work would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Make Blizzard great again.

Wont happen though because all the good Blizzard people left. Retail is just Activision milking everything dry before even the last pet battler or transmog farmer realizes that WoW is dead. Its clear to everyone that Blizzard doesnt give a single shit about retail anymore.
    ugh i hate this argument and its absolutely wrong. you're just on the misinformed hate train. Activision never made any decisions related to WoW besides maybe pushing cash shop which is never going anywhere. everything in wow has been blizzard all by themselves, the good and the bad. all those people that left are also people who made terrible decisions for the games over the last 10 years. you're just looking for someone to blame when the blame is themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Releasing content worthy of the longest first patch wait in WoW history.
    this is dumb.....you know exactly why it took them so long to release that patch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    As someone who is playing TBC like there is no tomorrow, I'd come back to Retail if they remove all these useless and boring systems (azerite, AP, renown, conduits, Torghast, etc), no more temporary and borrowed power, no more sharding/phasing, no LFR, no instant teleport on dungeon finder, old fashioned talents (up to Cata), make proffesions great again, old world revamp or making it relevant somehow, etc... As long as those features persist, I will keep playing TBC/WotLK.
    dunegon finder isnt even used after you hit max lvl as its pointless really, LFR should be removed honestly but never will be. Group Finder Tool is honestly the only thing we should ever use. Sharding/phasing is necessary because servers are much larger but i think its done to heavily and makes the world feel empty. in all honesty servers are pointless nowadays, there should only be megaservers that use sharding/phasing

15+ Year Old Account
    The template for expansions recently seems to have been:

• Bloat with 10 new currencies.
    • Release 100 mounts of which 70 are lazy recoloring of the same model and easy as fuck to get, not only boring but removed the cool feeling of being lucky having a rare mount
    • Every storyline being IT'S-UP-TO-ME-TO-SAVE-THE-WORLD
    • Bloat mini-systems of customization that does not really increase options of customization (due to being too hard to balance).
    • <more but need to head of to the EURO football>

[Written with tongue in cheek, still true though]
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-07-06 at 03:17 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Disagree on the Legion thing. It wasn't that good. All of the problems of bfa and shadowlands were also Legion problems.
    It had problems, agreed. The two big ones that come to mind are the AP grind for the weapons and the leggo acquisition. Leggos just sucked, AP grind wasn't so bad in Legion because it was the first time we had a mechanic like that in the game so we were far more tolerant of it and it helped that they had AP research that allowed you to rapidly gain levels in each weapon - still not the best design though. That said, none of that outweighed the sheer volume and quality of the content paired with the cadence of the patches as they've released them.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    ugh i hate this argument and its absolutely wrong. you're just on the misinformed hate train. Activision never made any decisions related to WoW besides maybe pushing cash shop which is never going anywhere. everything in wow has been blizzard all by themselves, the good and the bad. all those people that left are also people who made terrible decisions for the games over the last 10 years. you're just looking for someone to blame when the blame is themselves.
    OK, if you work for Blizzard enlighten us please. Otherwise your opinion is as worthless as any opinion in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    Activision never made any decisions related to WoW besides maybe pushing cash shop which is never going anywhere.
    The top management of Activision-Blizzard does such things as setting budgets. This has a huge effect on what goes into a game. SL looks a lot like a game in which the budget has been slashed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I find it curious that those who hate the game so much would like to stir up shit when they have no skin in the game. Just looking to have other people miserable with them. Some people outgrow things/hobbies and shouldn't expect to have things reconfigured to cater specifically to them especially when it's more profitable for the company to go with the general consensus and please those who are actually still playing

Ion and company took charge RIGHT before Legion launched at the end of WoD (so basically legion was complete). They also brought in Jay Wilson and the core of the D3 team around that time too. They definitely put WoW in the wrong hands
    Actually Ion only took charge after Legion's release (Chilton stepped down in October). He was still Assistant to Chilton -- meaning most of Legion's development and team was under his (Tom's) direction and idea.

We could say that Ion is coasting on Legion's systems as they were those he was exposed to under Chilton's design, which is equally as daming.
    Last edited by TidalConflux; 2021-07-06 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    They've never been able to balance the classes they've had. Ergo, adding a new class won't change anything.
    Yeah they have. WOTLK PvP was pretty decent. And as long as every spec is within 1-2% of each other in DPS it's fine.

Go back to a pre WOD design philosophy.

Nothing, the game itself is dead (has been for many years) and the MMORPG genre in general does not entice me, I do not have many hours spare anymore to sit around on such a game. The list would be far too long to even begin to depict all the things wrong with the game, so I won't bother - but in short, there's many many other games out there ten times better quality some of which are a fraction of the cost or even free to play. I feel sorry for people who are happy to sit for donkeys years with no content, whilst paying money for it - I've said it a million times, WoW has never and will ever justify a sub cost. The only decent thing WoW has going for it is the fact it is typically (not always) well polished with decent artwork and audio, the gameplay and systems themselves are laughable and have been for a long long time. When I do have time to game I spend it on far superior products and with the last few instalments it's clear to see the game will never capture my attention again, sadly.

Would love for two things:

1) Most important - bring 10 man mythic raiding back. Loved the more intimate raid size. Heroic 10 man just doesn't do it, it's not hard.
    2) Do a better job at balancing classes and make sure all classes have the ability to be useful in a raid.

neither was your post , so why did you add yr comment to begin with ?

Ummmmmmm, no. There is debate and question about it because I vehemently disagree.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know...
    Make an xpac which bring my wife back to wow so we can spam content together like we did in the Legion
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon