10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Nice quote - well done.
    Shakespeare is the gift that keeps on giving. <nod nod>

Woodward's final book title will be interesting. I think Impotus will be too much, however, "Impeached" might be a better fit - although I doubt it will be that, either.
    The book is supposed to be about the final days of his presidency. A title of "Impeached" would hilariously be confused with the earlier portion of his presidency, since, you know, he was impeached twice.

God, that's sad for America when we can't use "Impeached" as a title for a book about a US president because it's not obvious which of his multiple impeachments it's talking about.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I will fucking not. It involves one of the best camping kill scenes of all times, with the sexy co-ed in a sleeping bag wielded like a flail to beat the other sexy co-ed in a sleeping bag. Plus, one of the all-time best kill scenes with the liquid nitrogen kill.

It's a terrible, awful, no-good movie. But that's what makes it so damn good.
    Part 4 is the only good Ft13 movie and I will happily die on that hill. Most of the others aren't even entertaining shlock

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It would be damn funny if Trump gets a state lawyer assigned to him because no one is actually willing to defend him. And why would they? they know they won't even be getting payed.
    Sounds like how it works for everyone else who can't afford a lawyer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Let's pretend Jason X isn't a movie that exists.
    But that kill with the liquid nitrogen is still one of his best kills of all time and the effects still hold up pretty well. It's literally the only redeeming quality of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Wasn't it Feb 21, then March whatever? These dates are changing faster than the Rapture dates!
    I like Toon News take, never lost the election, will be re-instated, plus he's gonna run again, so 3 Donald Trump's as president, and the next state of the union, we'll have 4 Donald Trumps up there, since Trump will also be speaker.

Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-07-06 at 05:45 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I like Toon News take, never lost the election, will be re-instated, plus he's gonna run again, so 3 Donald Trump's as president, and the next state of the union, we'll have 4 Donald Trumps up there, since Trump will also be speaker.
    That campaign to make him Speaker is scary bonkers. Bonkers because at this point with the GQP, anything is possible. Scary because if Trump becomes Speaker, the circus will be back in town.

Jason Vorhees confirmed for 47th President of the United States of America. He's a native born citizen, has lived in the US his whole life, and is now old enough to be president. He's even been into space!
    The "Family Values" candidate

10+ Year Old Account
    --
    That sure is some strong language from someone who made a burner account to specifically talk about this stuff (if only insofar as whinging about people talking about this stuff). Woof.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-06 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

That campaign to make him Speaker is scary bonkers. Bonkers because at this point with the GQP, anything is possible. Scary because if Trump becomes Speaker, the circus will be back in town.
    Is there some rule that covers the Speaker of the House being thrown in jail?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    --
    Which is still indicative of this discussion taking up headspace in your ostensibly superior brain, tho. So again - pot, kettle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    --
    Are you ok? Would you like a Snickers?

No report for Monday because the holiday weekend means half the country still wasn't reporting anything for Monday. Expect corrections to skew the numbers for the rest of the week, making it difficult to see new trends.

Related news:

White House signals new COVID-19 strategy as delta variant spreads--More grassroots outreach and mobile vaccination is great and will help a lot of people, but the largest reason for missing the July 4th deadline is most likely still the fact that too many people are fucking morons and won't get it because they believe conspiracy theories over facts.

These parts of the US could become 'breeding grounds' for potentially more Covid-19 variants, expert says--Hey, speak of the devil...

Texas church's summer camp ends with 125 kids testing positive for COVID-19--No comment.

Stay safe, folks.

https://twitter.com/TeamPelosi/statu...86973894365185

Vote no and take the dough.
    Speaker Pelosi on Republicans bragging about money that's coming to their states/districts despite voting against the ARA.

- - - Updated - - -

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/r...ers-breach-rnc

And Russians have hacked the RNC database.

Hackers affiliated with the Russian government breached the Republican National Committee last week, Bloomberg reports.

Bloomberg identified the hackers as part of Cozy Bear, a team tied to Russia’s foreign intelligence service.

The RNC referred Bloomberg to an earlier statement it had issued denying that its networks were breached. Instead, the RNC claimed that no data had been taken, and that it had only received a notice from Microsoft saying that a vendor had been breached and that the RNC could be affected.

Neither the RNC nor Microsoft immediately returned TPM’s request for comment.

The RNC named a vendor in its statement called Synnex. The company issued a statement on Tuesday confirming only that it was aware of attempts to “gain access” to its systems.

The potential scope of the attack is unclear, as is whether the hackers managed to obtain any data or information from the RNC. But the breach immediately brings to mind the 2016 presidential campaign, when hackers with Russian intelligence breached the Democratic National Committee and the email account of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. Emails from the hack were released batch-by-batch via Wikileaks throughout the final weeks of the 2016 campaign.

The purported breach comes as Russian hackers are thought to be behind another ransomware attack on a Miami-based software provider.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6262562758001#sp=show-clips

Y'all...here is Fox News complaining...that Captain America is political. I guess these guys missed when Captain America endorsed political violence by punching Hitler in the face...or that he's literally always been inherently tied with politics. Did they miss Falcon and the Winter Soldier and the whole speech at the end of the first season, too?

Imagine being so fuckin close-minded that they can't conceive of Captain America as anything other than a "Rah rah America!" propaganda tool.

Y'all...here is Fox News complaining...that Captain America is political. I guess these guys missed when Captain America endorsed political violence by punching Hitler in the face...or that he's literally always been inherently tied with politics. Did they miss Falcon and the Winter Soldier and the whole speech at the end of the first season, too?

Imagine being so fuckin close-minded that they can't conceive of Captain America as anything other than a "Rah rah America!" propaganda tool.

Notice how all four Modern Captain America’s are featured on the cover but let’s lose our shit over a bit character who will get much less work than the rest.

Are you surprised by their astounding levels of idiocy? These are the same kind of people who dance to Rage Against the Machines- "Killing in the Name" while waving Blue Lives Matter flags. These people latch onto the centimeter deep surface level of whatever they want and wave it around like it supports them. They think because Captain America wears a costume designed after the American flag that he wants minorities in their place, women pregnant in the kitchen, and would bend the knee to the cheetos dusted wanna be dictator. When in fact Captain America would be punching Trump in the face like he did Hitler.

I will fucking not. It involves one of the best camping kill scenes of all times, with the sexy co-ed in a sleeping bag wielded like a flail to beat the other sexy co-ed in a sleeping bag. Plus, one of the all-time best kill scenes with the liquid nitrogen kill.

It's a terrible, awful, no-good movie. But that's what makes it so damn good.
    Ah man i completely misremembered that scene, I thought he stuffed them both in the same sleeping bag and slammed it around to kill them.

I had to look up the scene becuase i was convinced you got the scene wrong haha.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Are you surprised by their astounding levels of idiocy? These are the same kind of people who dance to Rage Against the Machines- "Killing in the Name" while waving Blue Lives Matter flags.
    The tears of conservatives learning that RatM is a political band for the first time in recent years fuel me. I still want to know what fuckin machine they think they were raging against, and it makes it pretty clear that they never actually like, looked at the lyrics.

Reminds me of the Bo Burnham Country Song.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Ah man i completely misremembered that scene, I thought he stuffed them both in the same sleeping bag and slammed it around to kill them.

I had to look up the scene becuase i was convinced you got the scene wrong haha.
    I think that's an earlier one where he slams them against the trunk of a tree in the sleeping bag.

I think that's an earlier one where he slams them against the trunk of a tree in the sleeping bag.
    Thank you! My memory isn't complete garbage.

My favorite was someone on Twitter saying how terrible it was for Captain America to turn away because he was disgusted with the current state of the country, and how he'd only be reading old stuff from now on... Followed by someone pointing out all the other times in the last seventy years that they've done a "Captain America turns away because he's disgusted with the current state of the country" storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    My favorite was someone on Twitter saying how terrible it was for Captain America to turn away because he was disgusted with the current state of the country, and how he'd only be reading old stuff from now on... Followed by someone pointing out all the other times in the last seventy years that they've done a "Captain America turns away because he's disgusted with the current state of the country" storyline.
    People complaining about comics once again proving they don't read fuckin comics. I generally keep my mouth shut since like...I don't keep up with comics at all.

I get it that reality doesn't matter to Fox and that this is just a great "THOSE DARNED LIBRULS" headline, but fuck I hate how empty-headed this shit is.

10+ Year Old Account

At this point, I'm surprised that Fox isn't unironically cheering for Homelander. Maybe even Stormfront too.