Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Unironically cringed. I expected Sylvanas to act as the biggest retard in existence as is the tradition now, and that's exactly what I got. I don't know who's gonna like this development, as a Sylvanastard I certainly don't. Literal shit tier development. Only brainlets will like this.

Cliffhanger. I normally don't dislike them... but there definitely needs to be more cinematics lined up to explain what happens next. Not in 8 months. Not in "sometime in 2022". Sometime in summer 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Dark Rangers next expansion Confirmed
    To be honest, I could see that. Sylvanas is now vengeful against him, so she's gonna train them to try and take out the guy who stole her soul and gave it back to her... or something. Same story with DK's and Arthas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I agree that's SUPERB shit writing.

But, if I would try to find "logical explanation" - shes mortal now. So....? Maybe his plan was to leave her to "us" to finish her off?
    I mean, he obviously intended for Thrall, Bolvar and Elsa to kill her for eveything she's done
    But honestly. This man took his leave and left behind the PERSON THAT KNOWS MOST OF HIS PLANS BEHIND hoping she dies

That's Dr.Evil levels of stupid

And we know she's not going to fucking die.We'll probably have to farm reputation with Sylvanas or some shit in 9.2 lmao
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I mean, he obviously intended for Thrall, Bolvar and Elsa to kill her for eveything she's done
    But honestly. This man took his leave and left behind the PERSON THAT KNOWS MOST OF HIS PLANS BEHIND hoping she dies

That's Dr.Evil levels of stupid
    She only knows what he wants her to know. Like how she didn't know about what happened to Nathanos.

But seriously though, Zovaal's armour is drust-y.
    Last edited by catalystical; 2021-07-07 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Any word on the actual aftermath of the fight? I imagine there's dialogue between NPCs and such.

Also, there's supposed to be at least one more encrypted cinematic. Not sure if it's a part of the Renown storyline and won't be unlocked for a while
    It's probably the Elune quest that doesn't happen for a few weeks.

And we know she's not going to fucking die.We'll probably have to farm reputation with Sylvanas or some shit in 9.2 lmao
    HAHAHAHAHAHA xD

Even tho shes 1 of my favorite chars of Warcraft universe, this made me laugh xD (Bli$$ard writing 101)

Also, they might have retconned 1 more thing.

Did you notice how Jailer randomly gave her soul back to her? Or at least the fragment of her soul which was stolen from her "by the power of the maw" when Arthas killed her.
    And when Devos mentioned that, she got yeeted away and killed in Bastion.
    But somehow, when we shattered Frostmourne (which TOOK part of her soul), Jailer still kept her soul in his private pocket. Retarded writing.

ALSO: That's the same thing that he did when he created Kingsmourne. (cinematic from patch 9.0)
    Wanna bet that what he took from his "infinite soul pocket" was actually soul of Arthas Menethil which is labeled as "break in case of emergency" in Bli$$ard HQ?

on one hand i did want sylvanas to survive and the jailer to win, but on another... man the dialogue and writing is just so putrid. She really even did the classic "don't let the villain reach the... the..." *faints* cliche.

people got paid for that, unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Unironically cringed. I expected Sylvanas to act as the biggest retard in existence as is the tradition now, and that's exactly what I got. I don't know who's gonna like this development, as a Sylvanastard I certainly don't. Literal shit tier development. Only brainlets will like this.
    At long last, Sylvanas has successfully been converted to Anduinism. Another soul brought back into the fold.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

... what did she say?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    ... what did she say?
    "don't let him reach the.... the.... "

"Oh hey, you betrayed me. Here's your soul back lol"

10/10 writing
    It's simple: she helped him and he doesn't care about it: since he obtained the power, why should he still chain her to him: nope, even less, maybe he's looking forward for what she's doing, since everything we do seems futile.
    He's someone who loves to see the desperation in others eyes.

A turn of events that was predicted by the community at launch, but at least Sylvanas finally admits she's a fool. And Zovaal definitely isn't a 'titan' of thought.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-07-07 at 01:03 AM.

Holy smokes, hahahaha!

I cannot believe that they really went with that. The story has been bad for years (arguably since WoW came out), but hot damn. This is a new low, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    At long last, Sylvanas has successfully been converted to Anduinism. Another soul brought back into the fold.
    Truly, a fate worse than death. I'd legit prefer if she died sticking to her guns than do this pathetic heel turn. Really, this is the word for this whole thing. PATHETIC. Sylvanas has been just utterly pathetic and this cinematic is the icing on the cake. Pathetic.

"I will never serve" Bitch? You've been serving Jailer all this time, for years. Noticed he's evil just now? This is actually so fucking insulting to the character, making her say that NOW, it rings completely hollow for how fucking blatantly untrue it is. Almost cynical even. She's should've said that the moment she met the Jailer.

Yeah, like everyone predicted last year already.

I love how she spent the last decade taunting any sane soul crossing her path, did the exact same edgy thing in the whole raid just to go "no zovaal you don't need to kill them", right after she told to Bolvar "hahaha too bad you won't be alive to see the new world".

This cinematic is just the whole reflection of the Sylvanas story arc, a big piece of garbage and a waste of time and developpement. Too bad such a good raid get this kind of poop ending as a cinematic. And can't we just stop with those shitty cliffhanger ? Oh my god she went to sleep right before saying the IMPORTANT THING she had to say. I know WoW always had those cliche elements in the game but come on, it's a 12 year old writing. Just fire whoever wrote this shit already.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Truly, a fate worse than death. I'd legit prefer if she died sticking to her guns than do this pathetic heel turn. Really, this is the word for this whole thing. PATHETIC. Sylvanas has been just utterly pathetic and this cinematic is the icing on the cake. Pathetic.

"I will never serve" Bitch? You've been serving Jailer all this time, for years. Noticed he's evil just now? This is actually so fucking insulting to the character, making her say that NOW, it rings completely hollow for how fucking blatantly untrue it is. Almost cynical even. She's should've said that the moment she met the Jailer.
    You either die a villain or live long enough to see yourself become redeemed by Danuser.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    "don't let him reach the.... the.... "
    I'm impressed you could hear anything.

I got some of it, but Zovaal just sounded like a man who has his bass turned up too loud in the car but you're also not inside of the car.

Just remember the precipitation of this redemption arc is not some galaxy brain 5d chess plan sylvanas was plotting all along. It's because the evil entity she's been running around committing unspeakable acts for so he could forge an army of slaves is going to... make everyone, in reality, his slave.

The big reveal is sylvanas is an idiot.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA xD

Even tho shes 1 of my favorite chars of Warcraft universe, this made me laugh xD (Bli$$ard writing 101)

Also, they might have retconned 1 more thing.

Did you notice how Jailer randomly gave her soul back to her? Or at least the fragment of her soul which was stolen from her "by the power of the maw" when Arthas killed her.
    And when Devos mentioned that, she got yeeted away and killed in Bastion.
    But somehow, when we shattered Frostmourne (which TOOK part of her soul), Jailer still kept her soul in his private pocket. Retarded writing.

ALSO: That's the same thing that he did when he created Kingsmourne. (cinematic from patch 9.0)
    Wanna bet that what he took from his "infinite soul pocket" was actually soul of Arthas Menethil which is labeled as "break in case of emergency" in Bli$$ard HQ?
    Coul also be Nathanos' soul that was used. Afaik he is still unaccounted for. You are right though, there is no reason that the Jailer should have her soul, unless the souls of everyone that Frostmourne killed were send to the maw and only Uther got the super special treatment. Otherwise her soul should have been wherever she got sorted and her original final destination shouldn't be anywhere near the maw, as she had done nothing wrong by that time. Or they tracked it down and no one noticed how a coule mawsworn took a soul from another afterlife. The parts from Frostmourne should definitely be freed though, as that is what happened at the end of the LK cinematic. We even had Devos and Uther being there, they should have noticed if they got sucked straight into the maw. No matter how I look at it, the chain of events suffers from a special kind of stupid due to the forced writing. I mean why would she be suddenly alive just because her soul is back, it that is all it took, why is there even a fucking afterlife.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.