Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    How many predicted that the Jailer would punish Sylvanas by restoring her soul?
    everyone once we read the stupid retcon of "oh actually her soul was split and the frostmourne can do that now". We knew her redemption was coming, cause Danuser needs his waifu, so it was easy to make the connection that they'd use the stupid "good sylvanus soul" in some way

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Shame that the book spoiled the twist that she was only the evil half of her soul, but... this was foreshadowed as early as Uther.
    I'm interested what happens, because presumably Tyrande will still want justice for Teldrassil, and Sylvannas might finally feel guilt.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I dunno, have you seen Dr Who? I think Chinball can rival Danuser in ruining long loved franchises.
    Nah - this makes "Time and the Rani" look like Shakespeare.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Oh Lord, it's as hilariously bad as expected.

Incredible genius Sylvie figures out from the Jailer's costume change that he might have had something to do with Arthas. Insert "You don't say?" meme here.

"I will never serve! ...except for the past decade and the genocidal campaigns I led for you, those don't count because reasons. My bad."

More generic villain posturing, ticking off every box of cliches.

Sylvie's eyes turn blue, cue Danuser redeeming her ala Kerrigan. Everyone who said that wouldn't happen, you underestimated the necrophile lead writer's obsession.

At this point the lore isn't circling the drain, now it's taking us on a guided tour of the sewers.

I dunno, have you seen Dr Who? I think Chinball can rival Danuser in ruining long loved franchises.
    Wonder if he'd agree with Daloser that S8 GOT was great.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2021-07-07 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    So Sylvanas from Cata until now was not Sylvanas.
    It's the double twist up.
    Sylvanas gets back to being a high elf and joins the Alliance after saving Anduin, and everything is pardoned, as Dickmann said.

It takes a particular kind of courage to take a whole character arc and invalidate it to this level, Danuser has to be commended for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    he looks like a cheap arthas cosplay, only not half as iconic or memorable
    I mean technically would Arthas be the cheap cosplay since he was based on the Jailer's image and creation? Meaning that the Jailer is original while Arthas is just a knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post

It's so boring that if you didn't say it I didn't realize it and so irrelevant that I stop caring again XD
    Haha, that's the really sad part isn't it? We just don't even care beyond "he's a bad guy doing... things"

I don't know why people think Sylvanas will survive the expansion. She's clearly going to feel so guilty she suicide bombs Zovaal or something.

Character was mind-controlled/corrupted =/= character is free from consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I mean technically would Arthas be the cheap cosplay since he was based on the Jailer's image and creation? Meaning that the Jailer is original while Arthas is just a knockoff.
    in-lore (if one can call this even "lore" anymore)? yes.
    but in reality? in the real world? no. not at all. because arthas's design was created DECADES before da jailer.
    and thats what counts here. the jailer design is a lazy arthas copy
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

>sylvanas banshees in out of nowhere, shoots magic arrow of Danuser plot armor at zovaal
    >kills zovaal but gets hit by his death explosion
    >screen pans to her in thrall and anduin's arms
    >Thrall, anduin, i have freed;;;myself
    >no sylvanas, you have freed his all
    >raaaaaaaaaaaaagh

There, i just predicted the ending of this expansion

Danuser is a pathetic subhuman piece of garbage and should have been taken out back and shot mexican style years ago

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-07 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

I'm interested what happens, because presumably Tyrande will still want justice for Teldrassil, and Sylvannas might finally feel guilt.
    Is it too much to ask that blizzard will grow a pair and bolvar will just shatter her skull?

Giving someone their feelings back doesn't absolve you of all the atrocities you've committed, the unspeakable horrors you've let loose upon this world, and the dark, ancient powers you've enslaved.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I don't know why people think Sylvanas will survive the expansion. She's clearly going to feel so guilty she suicide bombs Zovaal or something.

Character was mind-controlled/corrupted =/= character is free from consequences.
    Who cares. Sylvanas getting some heroic sendoff after a MacGuffin made her into a good person is way more than the shitty character deserves.

She should have been dealt with and killed in this raid. As she was before Zovaal "cured" her. This is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Who cares. Sylvanas getting some heroic sendoff after a MacGuffin made her into a good person is way more than the shitty character deserves.

She should have been dealt with and killed in this raid. As she was before Zovaal "cured" her. This is nonsense.
    Why though? Her character was shit in Cataclysm, this is basically Blizzard explaining why she turned into such a mustache-twirler instead of carrying that bad plotline to the end.

A lot of the lore lately has been Blizzard "fixing" Cataclysm.

Any bets that Sylvanas is going to sacrifice herself to free Anduin and then becomes the new Arbiter?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Any bets that Sylvanas is going to sacrifice herself to free Anduin and then becomes the new Arbiter?
    Personally betting she sacrifices herself to save Anduin but there isn't a new arbiter, souls go where they want.

Somehow.

As bad as we expected. No, a bit worse cause of her 'punishment' hahaha

And stuff like this is why I want to retcon all of WoW's story and start from scratch right after WC3.

3+ Year Old Account
    Jailer became Thanos, was kinda cool to see. He actually looks awesome as f**k now instead of being an evil bald man lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Is it too much to ask that blizzard will grow a pair and bolvar will just shatter her skull?

Giving someone their feelings back doesn't absolve you of all the atrocities you've committed, the unspeakable horrors you've let loose upon this world, and the dark, ancient powers you've enslaved.
    This someone has now goth boobs.

Also, this cinematic truly shows the abyss lying from whatever we're getting now to the effort that was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Nah - this makes "Time and the Rani" look like Shakespeare.
    Undoing the biggest storyline in years (Trenzalore) is not shakespear. I think this cinematic is pretty much better than most of than that last series of Dr Who.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!