Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is indefensibly bad

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Jailor also got a (better?) makeover, he kind of just looks like a bigger version of Mawsworn trash mobs, but at least we won't need to see his handsome squidward looking face.
    Thanks, exactly. Many say they like his new look, and it's better than the bondage drag-queen, I agree, but he still looks like a trash mob with a broken piece at the chest where we will be aiming in his final boss fight.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I mean it doesn’t take a genius to realize that the good part of Sylvanas’ soul will be absolutely horrified at the things she’s done. He didn’t reward her, he’s tortured her.
    I'm assuming the soul fragment also contains the other half of her brain cells, given the brainlet thinking it took for Sylvanas to think The Jailor wasn't evil and that their relationship wasn't her being his lackey.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2021-07-07 at 01:55 AM.

UGH. Literally anyone could have done better.

If you want her to betray him as a story point... why not make it about her bargain being to get her soul back? And he DENIES her that, and it prompts her to TURN AGAINST HIM. He can still shrug off her attack and then say, fine, here's your soul back, but I'm LEAVING YOU HERE WITH THEM. He then abandons her to justice at the hands of her peers instead of her escaping to whatever.

Almost essentially the same but at least motivations are clear??

But no, your twist is that she decides to stop SERVING? She only NOW sees the total parallel of Jailer and Lich King?! You're telling me she was entirely all right with his "plan" up until ... when exactly, when his plan goes accordingly and he essentially wins?

This is terrible. WHAT was Sylvanas' motivation up until now?

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    So this woman has been working for Jailer since many expansions ago, committing genocide, abandoning horde and killing countless people to help his goal.

Then she betrays and attacks Jailer after his success, just because he makes 3 people kneel? She has been serving him all this time, and now suddenly she doesn’t want to serve?

What is the logic here???

It is worse than high school teenager emo drama…

She is a very badly written clichéd plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Coul also be Nathanos' soul that was used. Afaik he is still unaccounted for. You are right though, there is no reason that the Jailer should have her soul, unless the souls of everyone that Frostmourne killed were send to the maw and only Uther got the super special treatment. Otherwise her soul should have been wherever she got sorted and her original final destination shouldn't be anywhere near the maw, as she had done nothing wrong by that time. Or they tracked it down and no one noticed how a coule mawsworn took a soul from another afterlife. The parts from Frostmourne should definitely be freed though, as that is what happened at the end of the LK cinematic. We even had Devos and Uther being there, they should have noticed if they got sucked straight into the maw. No matter how I look at it, the chain of events suffers from a special kind of stupid due to the forced writing. I mean why would she be suddenly alive just because her soul is back, it that is all it took, why is there even a fucking afterlife.
    There were many other souls mate. Remember Halls of Reflection?
    Remember Terenas? Remember Frostmourne "realm" during the LK fight in ICC?

Shadowlands should have never EVER happen in my eyes (lore-wise).... SUUUUUUUUUUPER, super bad lore writing. 0 logical thinking.

I like how you described it: "forced writing".

Shadowlands "afterlife" makes 0 sense. Only hardcore tryhards Bli$$ards fans can "defend" Shadowlands lore writing (yet not to mention core mechanics of gameplay)

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it. A little to predictable, but I did not think that she would get part of her soul back. I thought that was pretty cool.

But I do not believe she will be redeemed. Tyrande will tear any1 that get between her and Sylvannas apart. I honestly think Sylvannas arc will get way more interesting now. Or maybe she will just die.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

i just want to make sure i understand the story so far so please correct me if i'm wrong.

zovaal used the dreadlords (who might be using him) to give frostmourne and the delm of domination to the burning legion. kil'jaeden then decided to use the helm as a punishment and a tool for weakening the world of azeroth. ner'zhul lich king eventually got taken over by death knight arthas but only after killing sylvanas and raising her as a banshee. sylvanas breaks free, attempts to kill arthas pre-lich king, fails and founds the forsaken race. then proceeds to throw everything she can at arthas for revenge.

after arthas dies, she suicides and meets zovaal where a deal is made for her to get her whole soul back. sylvanas does basically nothing for about 10 years and becomes leader of the horde. then she makes a deal with helya that involves zovaal (which we haven't seen helya since the intro to shadowlands). then screws off to who knows where until azerite shows up.

at which point, she burns done a world tree (and everyone on it) on a whim, plagues her own and the enermies forces at undercity, makes a deal with azshara with nathanos as a postman, and then yells at most, if not all, of the horde they are nothing. then flies away. we get into shadowlands and we have sylvanas working with the person who killed her and captured half of her soul, all the while spewing garbage about freeing people from fate. then zovaal gets the keys that we suddenly are introduced to with no prior hinting or knowledge of, goes power mad, forgets about freeing people from fate and decides to become the evil emperor of death. sylvanas realizes zovaal is actually mean (who would've guessed!) and attacks him in the stupidest way possible for someone who is suppose to be incredibly cunning (seriously, attacking alone when the guy is power mad? she's lucky he didn't kill her, let alone got her soul half back).

and because her soul is whole now, we are suppose to forgive EVERYTHING she has done against literally everyone on azeroth (including but not limited to genocide, abusing the power of a leadership position, developing and using chemical weapons, actively working with people who have wanted and tried to conquer/murder azeroth).

this is honestly worse than if they made a separate good and bad sylvanas... i could've kind of seen not holding good sylvanas accountable and not bad sylvanas. but this is just stupid...
    Last edited by aceperson; 2021-07-07 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    UGH. Literally anyone could have done better.

If you want her to betray him as a story point... why not make it about her bargain being to get her soul back? And he DENIES her that, and it prompts her to TURN AGAINST HIM. He can still shrug off her attack and then say, fine, here's your soul back, but I'm LEAVING YOU HERE WITH THEM. He then abandons her to justice at the hands of her peers instead of her escaping to whatever.

Almost essentially the same but at least motivations are clear??

But no, your twist is that she decides to stop SERVING? She only NOW sees the total parallel of Jailer and Lich King?! You're telling me she was entirely all right with his "plan" up until ... when exactly, when his plan goes accordingly and he essentially wins?

This is terrible. WHAT was Sylvanas' motivation up until now?
    She is as blind as her fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

Shadowlands should have never EVER happen in my eyes (lore-wise).... SUUUUUUUUUUPER, super bad lore writing. 0 logical thinking.

I like how you described it: "forced writing".

Shadowlands "afterlife" makes 0 sense. Only hardcore tryhards Bli$$ards fans can "defend" Shadowlands lore writing (yet not to mention core mechanics of gameplay)
    I mean, they could make it work if they said that the souls are trapped in the blade, not just par of it. But the afterlife in WoW has ALWAYS been inconsistent, at best.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

This somehow managed to be even worse than I imagined, and that was a feat onto itself due to how low my expectations were for how bad this would be. This is making Battle for Azeroth and Varok's story arc look like Shakespeare.

Everyone's waiting to finally learn about the reasons for Sylvanas' actions and her getting some deserved justice and Blizzard really goes "Nah guys, her genocide and knowingly sending thousands of souls straight to hell is cool. Sylvanas was manipulated all along! Here, she turns against the Jailer who in a shocking twist didn't actually have everyone's best interests in mind, so she's redeemed and totally good again!"

Blizzard's authors really don't give a fuck. I wish I could stop caring like that, too.

Well, at least the Jailer doesn't look like a Power Rangers villain anymore, but an oversized Mawsworn trashmob. That's an improvement, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I know, which is why I question the logistics and sense of the whole thing. The souls in HoR were just the ones stored in Frostmourne. The question here is is simply if everyone who gets soul-raped by Frostmoune has their "good" part go straight to the maw because of a design flaw in the Arbitraritor and only Uther ever got special treatment or if Blizzard just forgot that the souls in Frostmoune were released when we shattered it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    No, it's just really, really, REALLY bad.
    How is it bad?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Everyone's waiting to finally learn about the reasons for Sylvanas' actions and her getting some deserved justice and Blizzard really goes "Nah guys, her genocide and knowingly sending thousands of souls straight to hell is cool. Sylvanas was manipulated all along! Here, she turns against the Jailer who in a shocking twist didn't actually have everyone's best interests in mind, so she's redeemed and totally good again!"

Blizzard's authors really don't give a fuck. I wish I could stop caring like that, too.

Well, at least the Jailer doesn't look like a Power Rangers villain anymore, but an oversized Mawsworn trashmob. That's an improvement, right?
    We knew her actions since day 1...

We just didn't know why Zovaal did what he did, and it's clear he finds all of existence to be "flawed" and the First Ones' stuff to be dumb, hence why he used literally every Cosmic Force plus Sylvanas to begin with.

"I am Sylvanas Windrunner, Queen of the Forsaken, and if you will not serve me in this life, then you will do so in the next."

Mind controlled Derek Proudmore

"I will not serve" What a hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i just want to make sure i understand the story so far so please correct me if i'm wrong.

zovaal used the dreadlords (who might be using him) to give frostmourne and the delm of domination to the burning legion. kil'jaeden then decided to use the helm as a punishment and a tool for weakening the world of azeroth. ner'zhul lich king eventually got taken over by death knight arthas but only after killing sylvanas and raising her as a banshee. sylvanas breaks free, attempts to kill arthas pre-lich king, fails and founds the forsaken race. then proceeds to throw everything she can at arthas for revenge.

after arthas dies, she suicides and meets zovaal where a deal is made for her to get her whole soul back. sylvanas does basically nothing for about 10 years and becomes leader of the horde. then she makes a deal with helya that involves zovaal (which we haven't seen helya since the intro to shadowlands). then screws off to who knows where until azerite shows up.

at which point, she burns done a world tree (and everyone on it) on a whim, plagues her own and the enermies forces at undercity, makes a deal with azshara with nathanos as a postman, and then yells at most, if not all, of the horde they are nothing. then flies away. we get into shadowlands and we have sylvanas working with the person who killed her and captured half of her soul, all the while spewing garbage about freeing people from fate. then zovaal gets the keys that we suddenly are introduced to with no prior hinting or knowledge of, goes power mad, forgets about freeing people from fate and decides to become the evil emperor of death. sylvanas realizes zovaal is actually mean (who would've guessed!) and attacks him in the stupidest way possible for someone who is suppose to be incredibly cunning (seriously, attacking alone when the guy is power mad? she's lucky he didn't kill her, let alone got her soul half back).

and because her soul is whole now, we are suppose to forgive EVERYTHING she has done against literally everyone on azeroth (including but not limited to genocide, abusing the power of a leadership position, developing and using chemical weapons, actively working with people who have wanted and tried to conquer/murder azeroth).

this is honestly worse than if they made a separate good and bad sylvanas... i could've kind of seen not holding good sylvanas accountable and not bad sylvanas. but this is just stupid...
    Would it a better plot to let Arthas redeem himself by killing her once again? /LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I mean it doesn’t take a genius to realize that the good part of Sylvanas’ soul will be absolutely horrified at the things she’s done. He didn’t reward her, he’s tortured her.

You really think Blizzard have gone that deep? I’ve seen episodes of Thomas The Tank Engine with better story telling than recent WoW.

See the power rangers style super morph of the jailer though LOL
    Last edited by Castia; 2021-07-07 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskoo View Post
    Would it a better plot to let Arthas redeem himself by killing her once again? /LOL

i mean they already screwed with the arthas story by making it so he was controlled instead of being corrupted. he's essentially redeemed already...

Wait...

So a character that could be described as a monster, that did horrible things to untold numbers of people, got their soul back as punishment for a good action?

Did Blizzard really just steal the entire plotline of Angel from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"? Because it really feels like they did.

Tell me I'm not the only one who's seeing this.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!