Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I mean technically would Arthas be the cheap cosplay since he was based on the Jailer's image and creation? Meaning that the Jailer is original while Arthas is just a knockoff.
    Shadowlands wasn't even on the horizon when The Lich King was a thing and the best description we had for shadowlands was "The Twisting Nether".

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I liked it a lot.
    Jailer uses a portal with fractal patterns. The new broker documents talk about a 7th cosmological force and refers to it as fractals.
    Also, I think it's clear that it's Sylvanas' fragmented soul being given back to her. And, though I've mentioned this before months ago, what if Forsakens' cursed existence IS cursed due to their souls being fragmented and incomplete? Sylvanas getting hers back could mean the Forsaken being able to get their back too, and finally solve their accursed existence which has been dragged on with no resolution for so many years.
    Be pretty hard to pull that off, her soul was fragmented by Frostmourne. Most undead were created by the plague of undeath, not Frostmourne - and the souls trapped in that blade were released when the blade was broken, or that's what I recall.
    All of the Forsaken being able to get their souls back - which isn't established in any lore I'm aware of that their souls are splintered - would require some egregious retconning major parts of the lore to pull off. The Forsaken are dead. Restoring their souls would not resurrect them. That would be aggressive, obnoxious retconning - not that I think Danuser wouldn't go that far, but it would be pretty awful to try and pull that off, on any level - and to what point? Game mechanics wise, it's removing the Forsake faction. It would be like allowing Death Knights to live again, making the whole class moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Sylvanas is a victim from WC3
    True, but the difference is when Kerrigan got her will back, she went after Mengsk and then tried to help save the world. Sylvannas went after Arthas, then joined the guy who created Arthas.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Undoing the biggest storyline in years (Trenzalore) is not shakespear. I think this cinematic is pretty much better than most of than that last series of Dr Who.
    ?

That's not what "Time and the Rani" is. If you don't know what "Time and the Rani" is, you're not a true Doctor Who fan.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Be pretty hard to pull that off, her soul was fragmented by Frostmourne. Most undead were created by the plague of undeath, not Frostmourne - and the souls trapped in that blade were released when the blade was broken, or that's what I recall.
    All of the Forsaken being able to get their souls back - which isn't established in any lore I'm aware of that their souls are splintered - would require some egregious retconning major parts of the lore to pull off. The Forsaken are dead. Restoring their souls would not resurrect them. That would be aggressive, obnoxious retconning - not that I think Danuser wouldn't go that far, but it would be pretty awful to try and pull that off, on any level - and to what point? Game mechanics wise, it's removing the Forsake faction. It would be like allowing Death Knights to live again, making the whole class moot.
    Also, it's clear not all undead feel the same curse. Alonsus Foal looks like he doesn't just hate everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    ?

That's not what "Time and the Rani" is. If you don't know what "Time and the Rani" is, you're not a true Doctor Who fan.
    Sorry, given I was referring to Chinball, I assumed you were talking about one of his story lines.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Oh please. She stopped being a victim the moment she started ruling the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    This cinematic would have been so much better if Zovaal restored Sylvanas's soul then had Anduin impale her with Kingsmourne. Restore her original soul then immediately kill her. Otherwise its as others have said basically Zovaal is Thanos and just because Sylvanas is good now does not absolve her of war crimes.

Or had Tyrande appear out of nowhere, and lops her head off, and yells "Dreanor is free!"

I mean, if Yrel couldn't have the victory lap, at least give it to poor Tyrande.

btw, the cinematic reached the point of having more dislikes than likes

how long yall think until they delete it, like the ny'alotha ending lol?
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    btw, the cinematic reached the point of having more dislikes than likes

how long yall think until they delete it, like the ny'alotha ending lol?
    I'm surprised it took this long, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Oh hey there Kerr, eh Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    1. Read the post I was replying to.
    2. By her own admission in the SC2 comics she was in control of her actions as the Queen of Blades.
    This obviously can't be true, because if she had been in 100% control all along, what Raynor did to her at the ends of WoL wouldn't have mattered.

- - - Updated - - -

A victim who's had control of her actions ( or so we thought ) for all of WoW.

Retardation.

And it will go even further beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

This reached peak Blizzard writing. Because on one hand it's pretty much precisely what I thought would happen, i.e.:
    1. Sylvanas surviving
    2. Sylvanas getting reunited with the "good" part of her soul
    3. Her decision to go the lol-redemption path being related to her newfound feelings towards Blanduin
    4. The raid ending with Zovaal's victory, particularly with him finishing his Infinity Gauntlet
    5. Zovaal getting his core back and the reveal that the Arbiter was some kind of usurper.
    6. Lol-redeemed Sylvanas being set up to be the next Kerrigan (justice demands yadda yadda, but she's the only one who knows what the Jailer plans next, so she will lead the charge with the power of her new fiery wings blues eyes)

Yet on the other hand it still managed to surprise me with how pathetic, ridiculous and, in a way (not one planned by Blizzard), hilarious the execution of it actually turned out to be.
    Yeah it´s great, such reasonable and brilliant writing, i´m totally impressed!

Let me add just for fun:
    7. Still no idea what the jailers goal is.
    8. Still no real idea what Sylvanas endgoal even is.

Ha, that they would pull shit like this was so predictable. But i didn´t thought they would give NO answers at all to anything that matters, many months later and the players still don´t know whats going on. Hilarious.

I´m laughing my ass off. Great job Blizzard. No moving on to actual good games while waiting for the next GREAT story bit I can laugh about <3

1. Read the post I was replying to.
    2. By her own admission in the SC2 comics she was in control of her actions as the Queen of Blades.
    I don't know the current cannon standing of the comics, it's established in HotS and LotV that during her first 'Queen of Blades' incarnation (BW - end of WoL) she was under the indirect influence of Amon even tho the Overmind specifically created her to avoid that influence.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    This obviously can't be true, because if she had been in 100% control all along, what Raynor did to her at the ends of WoL wouldn't have mattered.
    And yet Kerrigan herself disagreed with your assertion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Two weeks ago, Ion said this to Asugamers:

"The encounter that has been crafted at the end of the Raid - I think it's epic,” Ion continues. “It’s on a scale that exceeds the vast majority of what we've ever tried to pull off in past Raids. And there is a combination that I can't spoil, but I am looking forward to seeing the community discuss and dissect as they try to figure out what's next for her."

The Community: "We've dissected and discussed it. This sucks donkey balls, Ion."

Glancing at all the Wow sites...yeah. Nobody really likes it or cares. They're just tired of Slyvanas, and the piss poor writing.

Yep, nobody. Because you saw at best a few thousand people complaining on forums, out of the whole community. It never ceases to amaze me how the forum community seems to think that are even close to 100% of the playerbase. Just because you cry louder does not mean there are more of you. The first time i watched it, i thought it was cool. Yea, i have a ton of the same gripes as those in this thread. BUT, i'm also aware that the playerbase spans a wide range of different people. For instance, i saw someone in here that didn't know that Zovaal and the jailer were one and the same. Not everyone has the same level of comprehension. How many who watched Inception truly understood it?

TLDR: Quit acting like the 5% on the forums represents 100% of the playerbase's opinion. You aren't more important because you registered and took the time to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There's the comment I knew that would come. Difference is the logic works the same and how do we know the Jailer wasn't even a thought in anyone's head?

The fact is Jailer creates Arthas. So why wouldn't the Jailer look almost exactly like Arthas? Which was also explained in my post.
    I refuse to beleive that you are this fucking dumb.
    Stop simping blizzard for 1 femto second and face reality.

Infracted.

The Jailer is a cheap knock-off of Arthas. No ammount of mental gymnastics will change that.
    Blizz are artistically bankrupt nowadays and are reusing previous designs made by far more competent and creative artists and calling it "original do not steal".
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-07 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    Yep, nobody. Because you saw at best a few thousand people complaining on forums, out of the whole community. It never ceases to amaze me how the forum community seems to think that are even close to 100% of the playerbase. Just because you cry louder does not mean there are more of you. The first time i watched it, i thought it was cool. Yea, i have a ton of the same gripes as those in this thread. BUT, i'm also aware that the playerbase spans a wide range of different people. For instance, i saw someone in here that didn't know that Zovaal and the jailer were one and the same. Not everyone has the same level of comprehension. How many who watched Inception truly understood it?

TLDR: Quit acting like the 5% on the forums represents 100% of the playerbase's opinion. You aren't more important because you registered and took the time to post.
    yes, because the fact that the official video on the official WoW youtube channel is gathering more and more dislikes means nothing, right...
    face it dude. people think this sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Nah, they're going to reveal the first ones, who created the jailer, and they'll have lich kingy armor, which will make Arthas a knock-off of the jailer who's a knock-off of the first ones. *taps forehead*
    ohhhh, its big brain time
    you are absolutely right
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-07-07 at 02:05 AM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    yes, because the fact that the official video on the official WoW youtube channel is gathering more and more dislikes means nothing, right...
    face it dude. people think this sucks ass
    It's been hours....the only ones that on top of seeing a spoiler vid like this are guys just like you. Within a day the likes will outweigh the dislikes 10 to 1 once the casual audience sees. Quote me. Also... 1.4k dislikes, i really shouldn't have to tell you how low that is...lol

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post

You don't get to tell me what to do, or think. I can see the thousands of posts complaining clearly. I'm also not claiming to be "more important" - wherever that came from.

I mean, I get it. You're probably a WoW white knight, addicted to the game without realizing it, and deep down, you know that I and everyone else is right, but because you can't admit that, you attack me. I get it, that's part and parcel here on MMO-C, I've been around here long enough to recognize what's going on.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to laughing at how piss poor a writer Danuser is, and reading the flood of thousands of people who share the same opinion. Sorry, but your attempt to shame me or whatever it was you intended didn't work.