Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    You know what's the dumbest thing about all of this? That it's obvious what will happen next:

1. We won't kill Sylvanas, because she knows the Jailer's plans and that's an advantage we cannot afford to dismiss.
    2. Wherever we go next, Sylvanas will come with us and she'll be a very, very important part of that story, but this time on our side.
    3. With her soul restored, she'll experience a lot of remorse and other feelings that she hasn't felt in years, so that we can feel bad for her.
    4. At the end of the next patch she'll do something to save Anduin - if she sacrifices herself by doing so, it will turn out that having Anduin back was the key to stopping the Jailer, if she doesn't then she'll also help us defeat Zovaal. Either way, that will complete her redemption arc.

The only remaining question is what will happen to her in the end? I hope that if Blizzard doesn't kill her off, she'll just stay in the Shadowlands.
    You forgot 5. We have to deal for sylvanas simps for a lot longer than anticipated :/

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    You forgot 5. We have to deal for sylvanas simps for a lot longer than anticipated :/
    If my girl had an OF I would be right on top of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a question, and if someone has an answer, please tell me, but... How exactly did he get her soul fragment if she died in the Warcraft 3 timeline where even the fractured souls(like Uther's), still went to their destined realm?
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Can they just fire that incel simp D-Anuser idiot already, even if two expansions too late at this point? Get someone who can write worth shit, rather than incel simp fanfictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Here's a question, and if someone has an answer, please tell me, but... How exactly did he get her soul fragment if she died in the Warcraft 3 timeline where even the fractured souls(like Uther's), still went to their destined realm?
    There's a Kyrian world quest in Bastion that has you judge souls and according to it, souls of people who are being reanimated into undeath aren't taken to Shadowlands.

If that's the case, then it's plausible that the part of Sylvanas' soul that would end up in the Shadowlands is the one that she had all this time, while the part that Zovaal gave to her was the one that was stolen by Frostmourne - perhaps after the blade was shattered, the soul fragments it contained went to the Shadowlands, but since they were carved out using the Jailer's magic, they were "tainted" and thus instantly tossed into the Maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Main: Why won't you die Bitch?!
    Sylvanas: Because I'm fuel by simp cum and hater tears.

But in all seriousness did he give her back her soul? and if so is she "redeemed"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Can they just fire that incel simp D-Anuser idiot already, even if two expansions too late at this point? Get someone who can write worth shit, rather than incel simp fanfictions.
    ^I feel you

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Sylvanas, serving the literal embodiment of domination
    'wait he wants people to kneel? How could this happen! Nobody could see this betrayal coming! I am okay with enslaving people and stripping them of their will and making them yield to you, but KNEELING? WAAAY OUTTA LINE!'
    I mean, we all know that bending the knee is a hot topic in the US, why not base a main character's whole motivation and subsequent expansion around that? :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    He got a piece of it when she swan dove off icc maybe....I don't know that chick sure has died a lot.

There's a Kyrian world quest in Bastion that has you judge souls and according to it, souls of people who are being reanimated into undeath aren't taken to Shadowlands.
    That is not quite what the quest tells us. It shows that Kyrian's won't drag souls back into the shadowlands if some other force is currently claiming them, like necromancers or other cosmic powers. The only exception is if someone commits some gross acts against the "natural order", then they can let "unclaimed" souls slip back to their bodies (eg. the one where one soul wants to go back to get vengence). The quest in question even mentions that eventually the soul finds it's way into the shadowlands.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Azeroth heroes (Jaina et al) will HAVE to let her join them to stop the jailer.
    Like when your parents force you to play with the kid next door who kills frogs for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is not quite what the quest tells us. It shows that Kyrian's won't drag souls back into the shadowlands if some other force is currently claiming them, like necromancers or other cosmic powers.
    Well, you must have missed some souls, because there's definetely one of a human that hears the call of a Val'kyr (i.e. is being raised into undeath) and begs the Kyrian for the release of death, but the correct answer is denying that soul access to the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-07-07 at 05:56 AM.

Well, you must have missed some souls, because there's definetely one of a human that hears the call of a Val'kyr (i.e. is being raised into undeath) and begs the Kyrian for the release of death, but the correct answer is denying that soul access to the Shadowlands.
    Again, another force has claimed them already, that is the motive here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yes it was.
    No. Your conscience is what makes you, you.

Without it you're just a meat puppet that looks like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    You got us, she didn't personally kill those people, she just ordered their deaths while fully aware of what she was doing.

So if the CIA put a chip in your head and make you kill your own family, is that you? When someone alters your personality you're no longer yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    No. Your conscience is what makes you, you.

Without it you're just a meat puppet that looks like you.
    She had her conscience. She wasn't mind controlled. She just didn't have a soul.

Look at Uther.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    She had her conscience. She wasn't mind controlled. She just didn't have a soul.

Look at Uther.
    The same Uther who allied with the Jailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Again, another force has claimed them already, that is the motive here.
    So you're basically saying what I've been saying - if you're being raised into undeath by some force, you're not going into Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-07-07 at 03:50 PM.

So you're basically saying what I've been saying - if you're being raised into undeath by some force, you're not going into Shadowlands.
    There is one where someone is shackled by another force, but once that force is beaten they can enter the shadowlands. I can't for the life of my find a list of all the encounter right now and I'm no longer Kyrian to look it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    So if the CIA put a chip in your head and make you kill your own family, is that you? When someone alters your personality you're no longer yourself.
    That's not what happened though, and acting like it is the case is being willfully ignorant. Sylvanas was wholly in control of her actions, even moreso than characters like Arthas and Ner'zhul. She was never under the effects of domination magic, and her soul being wounded is not a justification. Uther is the main example of this happening, he had his soul split and still understood right from wrong, even showing remorse for what he did to Arthas, and was explicitly kept unaware of the Jailer's involvement in the Forsworn, believing they were doing what was right. Sylvanas, on the other hand, committed genocide in spite.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief