15+ Year Old Account

Level requirements for "heroic" dungeons?

This is a question in regards to RETAIL not classic. What level is required to do the various heroic dungeons? My paladin is currently lvl 32 which means he's I believe a few levels higher than the ending of "BC era" level dungeons (meaning at 25 is when he would naturally have progressed into WotLK dungeons had the Chromie time didn't exist after the squish). The thing is though I've been checking dungeon finder since he was 20 to see when he could start doing heroics. It has always said "you do not meet the requirements for any dungeons in this category". I have checked every level he's dinged since 20 and at 32 still showing no dungeons. I am revered with Thrallmar which means he would have been eligible during BC based on the rep level. There's another issue though, in the dungeon journal it shows the "correct" level gear for dungeons MOP or lower as scaled to my level. When I go to WOD dungeons it shows a level 35 requirement, Legion lvl 40 requirement, BFA non-azerite pieces show scaled to my level but azerite pieces show lvl 47 required, SL normal/heroic/mythic shows lvl 60 requirements. BFA & SL raids show the correct level required to equip them. Here's the odd thing, if I select on any classic through Legion raid (or mythic or heroic) it all shows level 63 requirement for any of the gear.

The tl;dr is what level can I use dungeon finder to enter a heroic dungeon for the various expansions?

why do you want to do heroic dungeons for old content?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    why do you want to do heroic dungeons for old content?
    I'm asking because I am leveling up and the content is unavailable in addition to the gear showing it requires level 63 to equip which isn't even possible in the current retail game.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm asking because I am leveling up and the content is unavailable in addition to the gear showing it requires level 63 to equip which isn't even possible in the current retail game.
    wait what?seriously?how did this slip by them?...oh right...they are blizzard devs DUH

i think you have to be in chromie time for those dungeons you want to do, ie bc chromie time to run bc lfd etc

otherwise i think it only allows classic/bfa lfd groups

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    i think you have to be in chromie time for those dungeons you want to do, ie bc chromie time to run bc lfd etc

otherwise i think it only allows classic/bfa lfd groups
    That's the thing though, my paladin is questing in Hellfire as I type this during the Dark Portal timeline from Chromie. He's "of the level" for those places yet anything other than normal dungeons show requires level 63 on gear. All heroics & all raids show level 63 while regular dungeons show the "appropriate item level for your in game level" since dungeons all scale to your level now including all loot from normal dungeons. If you read through my first post on the oddities of the OTHER dungeons/raids/heroics with what they show for gear level requirements it makes no sense either lol

Only heroic dungeons available through LFD is BfA at level 50 and SL at level 60. Rest was removed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ***snip***
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    ***snip***
    Found out why the level 63 bullshit was there. If you are in Chromie Time its considered a timewalking and therefore can not enter a heroic nor raid from anything outside of BFA so gear will all show level 63 required. I turned off BC time and sure enough I could enter heroics, enter raids, and everything was the "proper" level for the dungeon/raid of the time not lvl 63 required.