Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yep, uber trash. Cant say i expected different.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    The Sepulcher is also mentioned in books in the new dungeon. It's clear the Sepulcher is being hinted at. Shame we don't see other hints of it in questing, even in this patch.
    You mean that thing the Primus' message mentions by name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Okay, I'm not the type of person to really overthink character motives in a cheesy over-the-top fantasy narrative, but this goes a bit far above believability for me.

Is Sylvanas just the single dumbest character in Warcraft history? The Jailer's entire course of actions so far have been to damn people to eternal torment, twist their souls until they have no choice but to serve him, and then destroy those who don't.
    What the fuck did she think was going to happen? You mean to tell me she never considered that, once she finished helping him achieve untold power, he might in fact want you to...you know, do what you've been doing? You know, serving him?

This is genuinely some of the worst writing I've seen in any media, let alone Warcraft. What the hell happened to this game's story...?
    To be fair, that is consistent.

In Sylvannas mind's:

Killing people - OK
    Mind controlling them- Not OK.

She has shown no problem with people being killed, but taking the reins of someone's mind is where she drawns the line. Which does make sense with her character.

I do think the heel turn was badly handled (She looked too remorseful). But I suppose you can also say that her relation towards free will has been convoluted and shaky at best, and at worst, contraditory.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Okay so where is he going then?
    For sure there is no other way of knowing that, only by forgiven and redeeming sylvanus, that is just superb.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Yet there is no "we" where you are concnerned. you are not in charge of anything and you don't make any decisions while only taking orders from the real leaders. So, you speak for nobody. Bolvar and Co. will need her no matter how much you try to speak for them when you don't. That is how the story will play out and you will have no choice but to follow it,.

ok buddy? i didn't knew you would get so triggered about the word "we". int he context of the forces of azeroth not needing a genocidal banshee

But you do you

15+ Year Old Account
    The cinematic was nicely finished but Sylvanas.... So killing a third or something of an entire race, her old race of she lived so long, is totally okay with a split soul. Manduin being mindcontrolled is not. Nathanos being left behind to be killed is okay with a split soul. Then tyrande speaking about Nathanos killed is suddenly not okay with a split soul. Then soul back, this was the only thing that actually made sense... He is so powerful now that he doesn't give a sh*t about her shot ans spared her in this moment of supreme success to honour her service.
    Then.... No more split soul. Blue eyes.
    Totally sensitive Sylvanas incoming. Building a new home for the Kaldorei.

Sylvorei incoming

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    To be fair, that is consistent.

In Sylvannas mind's:

Killing people - OK
    Mind controlling them- Not OK.

She has shown no problem with people being killed, but taking the reins of someone's mind is where she drawns the line. Which does make sense with her character.

I do think the heel turn was badly handled (She looked too remorseful). But I suppose you can also say that her relation towards free will has been convoluted and shaky at best, and at worst, contraditory.
    Dude has being mind controlling people left and right. She didn't give a single shit about.

SHE HERSELF was mind controlling people left and right, she did on the night elves she raise, she was doing with Derek and others.

but now something changed? it was Anduin good looking?

That is not consistent and the dude is right about being bad writing even to wow parameters, they are, straight up pretending Legion and Bfa didn't happened.

About as expected. Though can hear Pyromancer scream for Zovaal's full form not being the long bearded titan from the concept art.

Now what will they do with Sylvanas. Even the group there is not dumb enough to not notice he did something to her. Right now, she is the only one who knows his plans and this is the point where normally the next expansion would start imho. So, what will 9.2 be about? Zovaal left and I don't think he will return to the Maw. He got what he wants and is going to work towards his further goals which involves outside the Shadowlands.

Speculating for 9.2: Sylvanas soul getting restored is probably one key. I think they are going to try and mend other souls like Uthers. This will probably be followed up with seeking out Arthas in the Maw, mabe also even Garrosh.
    Now, why didn't Zovaal not just instantly bind her? I think the long term contact has given her resistance to domination magic. And he is fully 'sure' that the heroes will unleash their anger on Sylvanas and kill her. This probably will be his fatal flaw.
    I expect not just Sylvanas, but several others will be key in resisting the domination magic, Arthas, Garrosh, Uther, Bolvar and even Kael'thas. I think by the end of the expansion that these will end up being forced to work together in a way similar to the Titans keeping Sargeras in check or at the least they will cut Zovaal off from his power base while he is off the Shadowlands. Giving us time in the next expansion to do something about him without him getting an easy victory by chaining Azeroth herself to his will.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like how she said she "will never serve" -- bitch, you've been serving him in secret since the end of WotLK and BLATANTLY serving him this whole expansion. I can't believe how awful the writing has gotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Dude has being mind controlling people left and right. She didn't give a single shit about.

SHE HERSELF was mind controlling people left and right, she did on the night elves she raise, she was doing with Derek and others.

but now something changed? it was Anduin good looking?

That is not consistent and the dude is right about being bad writing even to wow parameters, they are, straight up pretending Legion and Bfa didn't happened.
    As I said, her relation with free will is shaky at best.

But she was not mind controlling anyone that you mentioned. She was trying to break Derek, but she did not mind controlled him.

The night elves were not mind controlled at all. It is pretty clear that she exploits the hatred that undeath brings, but no mind control happened. And, to this day, the best mind controlled example is one silverpine forest quest.

While I do agree that it certainly is fishy as fuck. She has never been caught mind controlling someone in Canon lore. Manipulating and exploiting, yes. Straight up mind control? Eh... Not as easy case as you think it is.

I like it. A bit predictable, but fits with what I guessed was the case back when I read War Crimes.

Well... this... this was shit.
    Not cause we lost, but cause 90% of this just don't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Things change, it has been a decade since they killed off Arthas, if they did the same exact thing to Sylvanas that'd be horribly boring and bad writing. Giving her the soul back was an insanely good move on their part, if anything, Sylvanas the ranger has been brought back from WC3 now.

If any character deserved a redemption story in this game, it was not Illidan, it's not Arthas, not Garrosh or anyone else, it's by far Sylvanas.
    Why would sylvan as 'deserved' a redemption story and the characters you mention not? She did more atrocity then them, you can even compare the harm and suffering she this so far, she's pretty much Arthas on steroids, crime wise

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Well... this... this was shit.
    Not cause we lost, but cause 90% of this just don't make any sense.
    What part are you finding confusing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    I like how she said she "will never serve" -- bitch, you've been serving him in secret since the end of WotLK and BLATANTLY serving him this whole expansion. I can't believe how awful the writing has gotten.
    I think they were going with she was his partner, not his servant. But let's face it: she was totally his servant.

A better line would be: I "served" enough.

They botched this line big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I think they were going with she was his partner, not his servant. But let's face it: she was totally his servant.

A better line would be: I "served" enough.

They botched this line big time.
    I dunno. Her whole reason for serving the jailor temporarily was because he had told her he was going to create a world free of the first one's designs, where people had control over their destiny. She thought she was working with him, whether because she's dumb or because he had a hold on her soul.

I can entirely see Sylvanas *thinking* she was an equal the same was Azshara thought she was Sargeras'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghadun View Post
    To everyone complaining, atleast the story is better than stars wars or anything marvel related, i give it a 7.5/10. Im hoping we get a few more expansions involving Sylvanas, still my favourite character, just ahead of Deathwing and Nefarious.
    Yeah this isn't like endgame at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    been more about setting up the next patch than about giving a satisfying conclusion to the story of the current patch.

this desire to keep players interested in the NEXT thing means that they've been seriously lacking in payoffs when stories end.

Blizz doesn't want you to care about the end of the "Sylvanas as villain" story, they're using this cinematic to set up the next part where the Jailor is the bad guy now. When that patch ends, the Jailor will fall over dead and be an afterthought in the cinematic as they again set up the next thing.

Stories need to have a payoff. Finish a story, stop doing this shit!

Cause what I see in this patch is, hey guys, forget about 'XYZ', who cares? Let's go get the 'ZYX'!
    this.

It used to be that we 'the heroes' ended an era/villain.
    Now we are along for the ride on a story that has its own 'baked in' heroes/twists and all we need to do is tag along before we miss the boat to the next thing.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Ah well, at least shes pleasant to look at.

That was burning garbage but I'll admit the part where she hears everyone's voice saying 'serve' was cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the music a lot.