Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Salut to all the important characters that died this patch.

So, heres a recap of all the once-major lore characters who died this patch:

Ner'zhul - dies unceremoniously as a throw-away mid-raid boss
    Kel'Thuzad - dies unceremoniously as the penultimate boss
    Garrosh - goes out like a chad, kills himself and his captor
    Varok Saurfang - literally drops as a random trinket from Sylvanas

I salute all these characters.
    They are finally free of this terrible story, and can't be ruined by Blizz any further, unlike the unlucky ones still alive.

That is, until we go to the Shadow-Shadowlands in 6 xpacs ofc, the TRUE afterlife that is beyond even the First Ones, where we meet them all again.
    Shit.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Don't forget the Arbiter.

Her entire character is "don't let her die." And then she dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Garrosh - dies in vain only to kill an already defeated boss
    Last edited by Galathir; 2021-07-07 at 12:20 PM.

The biggest offender imho. What was the point of his return?

I mean Gar-ash was already dead, this was just a cameo.
    Ner’zhul feels like a cameo too, it was thought he was destroyed after Arthas moved him out of his Lich King yard.
    How many times do are we going to kill KT it’s beyond a joke now? So I don’t get much feels for that.
    Saurfang trinket isn’t Saurfang, it’s just some flavour. It’s like me saying in TBC we said goodbye to Gul’dan because I could loot his skull from Illidan.

They are finally free of this terrible story, and can't be ruined by Blizz any further, unlike the unlucky ones still alive.
    I do not agree.
    They can literally return in next patch in this terrible story.
    Just use another new super strong character that will be capable to ressurect them (even if it should not be possible as they are now 'truely dead') or just time travel/alternate reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    fixed that
    That was a good fix. The entire Garrosh grandstanding was really cringe-worthy. He calls Thrall a coward yet it was him who constantly lost battles and then used underhanded means to achieve victory, using mana bombs, unleashing devious old god soul and he claims all of it was for the horde. A pathetic excuse for a leader and his vanity.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Let's not forget Sylvanas Windrunner.

We didn't kill her, but Sylvanas as we knew her is fucking dead.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Let's not forget Sylvanas Windrunner.

We didn't kill her, but Sylvanas as we knew her is fucking dead.
    What did you mean by that? With her soul back she can become true-self again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    What did you mean by that? With her soul back she can become true-self again.
    I mean they figuratively murdered her character. Sylvanas we know (and, some of us, love) is gone forever.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

That is, until we go to the Shadow-Shadowlands in 6 xpacs ofc, the TRUE afterlife that is beyond even the First Ones, where we meet them all again.
    Shit.
    considering that all 4 characters were already dead, nah. also... Saurfang died last expansion. wanna try again? this time with feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    The biggest offender imho. What was the point of his return?
    Giving some sense to Kael'thas return.

I mean they figuratively murdered her character. Sylvanas we know (and, some of us, love) is gone forever.
    You don't know that, and everyone had a different reason why they liked (or hated) her. I think the real reason why I liked her was her unbreakable will to not be a pawn of someone else, and she showed that when she was alive AND after death.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Shit.
    Are they though?

Like a real question here. I am not playing that patch^^

Nerzhul.... honestly he never was abig character after Arthas. Only had a small cameo in WoD no? So i don't mind

Kel'Thuzad: Did we destroy his phylactery now?

Garrosh: He vanished in the cinematic. I don't think you can take that as proove he is erased. Or did a quest or anything say that?

Varok... yeah that one is weird but he is not dead as you, if that is him, literraly take him around with you.

And regarding Slyv from the other posters: I really like that she has her soul back and has to deal with the stuff she did now. At least she gets some developemt character wise and his not just snarky evil all the time. I don#t think there was any redemption here. They will use her to get anduin back and disrupt whatever the jailor is doing. But i think her character will get much better now.

But as always, we have no idea about anything as they have not told us anything at all about anything.

We're already way past apoptosis.

You don't know that, and everyone had a different reason why they liked (or hated) her. I think the real reason why I liked her was her unbreakable will to not be a pawn of someone else, and she showed that when she was alive AND after death.
    Sylvanas decides it's the never serving that's too much.
    After basically serving the blue man's plan for however long since her suicide.
    After feeding the Maw with a sprinkle of Azeroth souls.
    After following whatever grand, convoluted design.
    After serving so that she could avoid a fate worse than death.

There is no more free will in Sylvanas after the Jailer's retcon. There hasn't been none and has no sense at all now with the Arthas callback.
    A thing so ruinous it's riling up the apes to the point of sending death threats to Christie Golden, which is never fine and should never happen.

The important characters that died this patch have include the spirit of the story of WoW - as bad as it was it at least had something. That something is irreparably lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    Sylvanas decides it's the never serving that's too much.
    After basically serving the blue man's plan for however long since her suicide.
    After feeding the Maw with a sprinkle of Azeroth souls.
    After following whatever grand, convoluted design.
    After serving so that she could avoid a fate worse than death.

There is no more free will in Sylvanas after the Jailer's retcon. There hasn't been none and has no sense at all now with the Arthas callback.
    A thing so ruinous it's riling up the apes to the point of sending death threats to Christie Golden, which is never fine and should never happen.

The important characters that died this patch have include the spirit of the story of WoW - as bad as it was it at least had something. That something is irreparably lost.
    work =/= servitude, she was helping her cause, whatever it is

if you would watch cinematics more carefully you could see her "free will" stare (usually on Anduin)

work =/= servitude, she was helping her cause, whatever it is

if you would watch cinematics more carefully you could see her "free will" stare (usually on Anduin)
    If you're helping under threat or no tangible benefit, that's servitude. Sylvanas had no agency and all she did was further the Jailer's plot.
    Call it however you like, a pawn is a pawn. That's the ruination of the Jailer: making room for his supposed grand scheme is detrimental to everything it involves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a somewhat valid question. If the Jailer is headed to Azeroth after his whole changing reality. Who is even left alive that would offer some level of power to aid us. We’ve systematically killed every being of power in Azeroth. We have friendly Elemental Lords, 3 Dragonflights and a couple of powerful mages. There isn’t much left.

Shit.
    It's shadowlands all the way down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Don't worry we will soon learn about existence of "deadforsure"lands and we will meet them there again. They will all be back.