Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anduin drops father's compass with his picture

In the Sylvanas cinematic, Anduin drops his father's compass before leaving with the jailer?

Is this him forsaking it, or leaving a clue behind, as If he wasn't completely mind controlled?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He just upgraded to GPS don't worry.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think it was just for drama with it showing Anduins currently gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    In the Sylvanas cinematic, Anduin drops his father's compass before leaving with the jailer?

Is this him forsaking it, or leaving a clue behind, as If he wasn't completely mind controlled?
    Yeah i think, like the other poster, that was simply symbolic for him leaving is old life behind... for now.

To show how he is so dominated we will never be able to save him... until we do

you think about it too much, there is no hidden plot or story behind it, just a scene

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

when I first saw it, I thought he might've been leaving a clue behind as well... something just seemed a bit off about it.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajko View Post
    you think about it too much, there is no hidden plot or story behind it, just a scene
    In fact, Danuser is physically and mentally incapable of writing an actual hidden plot or story...

Like with burning of teldrassil - there were countless conspiracies an theories about it, and it was the most uninspired boring conclusion

Like with Runecarver = Primus - honestly, this was like putting glasses on superman and calling it Clark Kent

Or that the orb inside Arbiter comes from Chainer.. I mean Jailer...

I just laugh at the crazy theories some people come up with, because I know, that the most stupid explanation, that nobody wants to believe because it's so stupid, is the real one.

I guess the hint behind locket dropping is that varian is not anduin's father, arthas is.

A clue for the A-team. Probably something to do with Varian still not showing up in Shadowlands...

7+ Year Old Account

hard to tell, we do know anduin has "some" control, so maybe it was just a little shake of himself to leave something that could maybe be used to track him?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account

There is an encrypted cut scene called "Anduin's Farewell", so we will see.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

If the current state of storytelling is any indication, it means nothing.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    If the current state of storytelling is any indication, it means nothing.
    It's a 'morally grey' gesture.

in 6.2 we either save Anduin or we are forced to kill him, if it is the latter, it could be a setup for Tyralyon taking over and the inevitable " light is bad " expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    In fact, Danuser is physically and mentally incapable of writing an actual hidden plot or story...

Like with burning of teldrassil - there were countless conspiracies an theories about it, and it was the most uninspired boring conclusion

Like with Runecarver = Primus - honestly, this was like putting glasses on superman and calling it Clark Kent

Or that the orb inside Arbiter comes from Chainer.. I mean Jailer...

I just laugh at the crazy theories some people come up with, because I know, that the most stupid explanation, that nobody wants to believe because it's so stupid, is the real one.

This is very true, before what happened with the burning of the tree i always said
    "Man wouldnt it be a good plot twist if it was Genn who burned the tree? his hatred and vengeance so strong for sylvannas he burns the tree and blames it on the horde to force the Alliance to react and declare war, which would give the Alliance much needed story, and drama, instead of being a "Perfect faction" and noone would of seen that coming"

But nope was horde

The writers right now arnt good at doing a multi layered hidden in plan sight store. Christie is more suited to Novel stories not sstories which span expansions

That is where the problem lies, we have one lead writer who isnt that good at story telling and another who is more suited to book writing.

And yes the whole Mystery of who the Rune caver was, is a good example for ages they was like "You will never guess who it is" and when we all said "Is the primus" they said "lol nope its someone else someone you dont expect yourll never find out!"

And when 9.1 came out they was super proud about it "The runcaver is the primas bet you didnt see that coming!"

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    This is very true, before what happened with the burning of the tree i always said
    "Man wouldnt it be a good plot twist if it was Genn who burned the tree? his hatred and vengeance so strong for sylvannas he burns the tree and blames it on the horde to force the Alliance to react and declare war, which would give the Alliance much needed story, and drama, instead of being a "Perfect faction" and noone would of seen that coming"

But nope was horde

The writers right now arnt good at doing a multi layered hidden in plan sight store. Christie is more suited to Novel stories not sstories which span expansions

That is where the problem lies, we have one lead writer who isnt that good at story telling and another who is more suited to book writing.

And yes the whole Mystery of who the Rune caver was, is a good example for ages they was like "You will never guess who it is" and when we all said "Is the primus" they said "lol nope its someone else someone you dont expect yourll never find out!"

And when 9.1 came out they was super proud about it "The runcaver is the primas bet you didnt see that coming!"
    They are all talentless hacks. The plot of Shadowlands is a lazy copy-paste job of Infinity War bordering on plagiarism and it is sad to see 15 years of player investment into the characters get disrespected constantly. How there is no quality control on the storytelling team is insane. The bar for Warcraft lore was already extremely low, I honestly didn't believe it was possible to get worse. I hope Steve Danuser and Christie Golden read these forums so that they can fully comprehend the magnitude of their incompetence. Better yet, I hope whoever pays their paychecks reads this.
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-07-07 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    They are all talentless hacks. The plot of Shadowlands is a lazy copy-paste job of Infinity War bordering on plagiarism and it is sad to see 15 years of player investment into the characters get disrespected constantly. How there is no quality control on the storytelling team is insane. The bar for Warcraft lore was already extremely low, I honestly didn't believe it was possible to get worse. I hope Steve Danuser and Christie Golden read these forums so that they can fully comprehend the magnitude of their incompetence. Better yet, I hope whoever pays their paychecks reads this.

Again I have to agree with you there, I had high hopes when Christie joined the team, but is clear she is better suited for Novel writing
    Even I could of come up with a better story, then what we have got, what started out as a "Cool idea" and had alot of potential just gets worse and worse.

I remember a few interviews Steve was asked "Which version of Dracka is this" to which he replied "Its All versions of Dracka, since the shadowlands trancends all realities, Basicly, the Dracka we see is a Rope and all versions of her are a thread in that rope" Which is BEYOND stupid!

And again when asked "Will see see the likes of Durotan?" he replied "no hes in his own hunting ground" So the likes of Durotan, get his own personal covenant while we only get to visit 4? okay then

And where are the likes of Lothar? or other past dead heroes and villains? Shadowlands started out as a good idea on paper, but was implemented poorly, with huge plot holes and obvious story elements which the writers think are amazingly clever (like the Runecarver true identity)

IT really makes you miss Metzen

And lets not forget how these people forget there own lore so have to retcon stuff every expansion

Christie started on BfA which had great stories. Certainly more complex and elegant than anything WoW had done before. Shadowlands just feels rushed and tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Christie started on BfA which had great stories. Certainly more complex and elegant than anything WoW had done before. Shadowlands just feels rushed and tacky.
    I still hope Blizzard won't waste this expansion's opportunity to show us the Shamanic afterlife. The 'hunting grounds' if you will. Not only is it the only afterlife that's directly relevant to the Warcraft lore, it would also add so much more flavour to this incredibly dour expansion.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-07-07 at 12:26 PM.

Obviously it was hidden in his butt like that watch from Pulp Fiction, and it fell out because he isnt uptight and puckering while under mind control. Kind of had to since that's probably what will be used to bring him back from the "Dark side".

After all the nonsense of Sylvanas in that synematics it is absurd to see symbolism in Anduin. It can be whatever it is that in the next cinematic will be something else.
    What's more, they are capable that in the next cinematic Anduin still has the compass.