Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    "Oh hey, you betrayed me. Here's your soul back lol"

10/10 writing
    As I understand it, by restoring the missing piece of her soul he's actually weakening her. She's no longer maw-empowered and she can't wield domination magic any longer.

What a surprise. Jailer gets away with it all and Sylvanas are left behind, alive.

Also major surprise - we are left hanging when it comes to story for atleast 7+ months. This is why Blizzard can never really make great storytelling in wow except for at an xpac launch(the leveling) and tidbits here and there. We get so little and when we finally do get major plotlines reveleas/endings, it just ends up with another cliffhanger.

Seems to me they are using alot of recourses and time to create these stories and lore to tell in game, and I do appreciate it. Im a sucker for wow lore, even the shit parts. But im getting tierd of this waiting room feeling for whats going to happen next.

It only gets worse when the rest of the game falls short.

Quote Originally Posted by Drec8 View Post
    Real heroes dont decapitate their enemies while they are unconscious.
    Though that would be a more ethical way of going about it.

Sylvanas new alliance leader all is forgiven.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Zovaal's new appearance. Looks like a big Torghast Sauron. Also love how he stopped the arrow mid-flight and then looked at her like "listen here you little shit".

However I do hope that Thrall, Bolvar etc execute Sylvanas while she's lying there. There is literally, absolutely no need to wait for her to wake up before exacting justice after all the crap she has done. But I got a feeling that things will go differently

They literally went with the most predictable outcome, felt like I was watching the Azshara/N'Zoth ending cinematic again. All of 9.1 is basically a rushed version of Avengers Endgame where all these sigils are the Infinity Stones and the Jailer is basically Thanos. Sadly we will get even more of Sylvanas who will most obviously be redeemed and end up saving us from the Jailer. Also hated this cliché that the Jailer simply left everyone unharmed after showing that they were clearly a huge threat ho him after clearing Torghast of his best minions.

The only good part is his new armor so we don't have to look at his handsome Squidwart face and nipples anymore.

Awesome cinematic.I realy enjoyed it

Shadowlands are freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i am the fucking maw walker, im one of those in charge as i saved everyone ass there.
    you're a tool. you serve Boldvar, Thrill and Jennifer while they're drinking coffee in horiblos, just like Sylvanus served the janitor while he carves his feet nails..

Oh fuck off. Im so done with Sylvanas.

5+ Year Old Account
    So we waited 9 months for this, for her to make her move, and it was pathetic...tried to attack the one that felt betrayed by his brothers n sisters, makes sense he would distrust sylvannas as well...so she attacks him when he is at his strongest power level, but not with some super duper op weapon but with an arrow...a freaking arrow.. we used the Titan's most powerful weaponry n machinery on Azeroth to blast N'Zoth, we brought the BIG GUNS!

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-07 at 10:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    She can't be allowed to walk free. Soul back or not.

Everyone treated Arthas like it was his fault for everything even though his soul was lost. The same should be for Sylvanas.
    thing is there is the whole "plea insanity" defense, and i would say your literal soul being in shambles could be a good plea for that.

I dont see them just saying "sylvanas is totally innocent, shes not in trouble, ok its over"
    I see her more of going the way of illidan "you did all this horrible shit, but help us and maybe we will not just cut your head off..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Imagine if Game of Thrones season 8, Twilight, and 50 Shades of Gray had a weird threesome story baby...

It would still be better than what I just saw...

And next time, crank up the bass for the Jailer's voice even more, to please the supah 14 y/o ëdgeläwdz still caring about the story...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this doesn't confirm any redemption just yet. But I remain unsubbed until she is either killed or remains imprisoned in the shadowlands by the time the expansion is over or at least pays for her crimes in a satisfying way, to which there are many. I know Blizzard seem to love their redemption angles but... Oof

If Sylvanas is forgiven and taken back in open arms a'la Grommash from WoD bullshit, I am done with the franchise after 27 years.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-07 at 10:33 AM.

Azshara and Sylvanas... Both went through similar events. Both were killed/almost died, both were resurrected in a different life forms. Both were forced to serve one master and now both are finally free. At least it looks they are.

There has to be some plan...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thing is there is the whole "plea insanity" defense, and i would say your literal soul being in shambles could be a good plea for that.

I dont see them just saying "sylvanas is totally innocent, shes not in trouble, ok its over"
    I see her more of going the way of illidan "you did all this horrible shit, but help us and maybe we will not just cut your head off..."
    Yeah and in the end Khadgar and Velen act like he's a hero.

Same thing happened with Grom in AU Draenor.

What if it happens with Sylvanas? I can almost imagine some Night Elves in the background cheering for her and it makes me wanna throw up.

i literally can imagine myself, how Danuser and some colleague standing there, after 5 beers, and going like:

„… he (Jailer) gives her his soul back, so she becomes mortal and have to deal with that point of view, when looking at life. while the others all wanna kill her, but they cant, because they need her, since she knows the Jailers plan. do you see how double sided this is? a genius plot twist with very interessting results, the players have to handle with. they will love it! genius idea! lets do this! btw: gimme another beer.“

i REALLY can imagine this by myself. lol.

As expected. After the nightwarrior bs cinematic they managed to make an even worse one, gg.

Nothing makes any sense, but i don't think they even try anymore.

So after all she has done, I still dont know the reason why. I thought they said 9.1 would explain this.

Like, what did she think the Jailor was going to do? Free us all? From what? From Azeroth? From Banana Bread Pudding? Its just action without any meaning.

Someone please explain, cause I must have missed out on some heavy shit. I bet the soulsplit would mean that she was just partly mind controlled all the time. Reminds me of someone.. Looool

Zovaal looks great in armor btw. What happens in the raid after the cinematic? She standing up, can you talk to some of the npc or something?
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-07 at 10:49 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Yeah I can see Tyrande and Genn agreeing to that. LOL XD

Remind me why he isn't even in this expansion?