Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BFA already taught me to lower my expectations all the way to the bottom, but I couldn't help but hold on to a little bit of hope. Well screw that, Sylv really is a dumb dumb who earnestly placed all her chips on the most untrustworthy guy around and here we saw her what-have-I-done moment. At this point I don't even care anymore, I just want this storyline to end and for Warcraft to get something fresh again.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    BFA already taught me to lower my expectations all the way to the bottom, but I couldn't help but hold on to a little bit of hope. Well screw that, Sylv really is a dumb dumb who earnestly placed all her chips on the most untrustworthy guy around and here we saw her what-have-I-done moment. At this point I don't even care anymore, I just want this storyline to end and for Warcraft to get something fresh again.
    The Jailer presumably didn't even try to hide his true form. At least when the Eredar joined Sargeras they thought he was an angelic being of Light, because Sargeras hid his true form to appear like an angel. The Jailer didn't even do that, so Sylvanas essentially joined someone who literally looks like Satan.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Good cinematic in terms of looks, but awful in terms of story.
    "I will never serve.... Apart from the decades i have been serving you Apparently."

So yea this moment which is meant to be a big "fuck yea" moment is more face palming bad, because bitch you have been serving him Apparently, ever since you threw yourself off Icecrown

And they went with the whole Split soul idea *sigh* I had hoped that rumor was not true did they not remember we shattered Frostmourne and freed all the souls trapped within it ?

Looks like they are doing Grommash 2.0 now Where at the end of Wod "Draenor is free! Just forget the mass genocide and murder i did!" Gonna be the same with Sylvannas "Azeroth is free! Just forget the mass Genocide and murder i did!" Oh and as part of her "Redemption" storyline i can see the ending of shadowlands her replacing the jailer and using her new powers over death to bring Nathanos to her side, so they can stay side by side in the maw forever thats how it will end mark my words

Can't wait to see more of Sylvanas in the next patch.
    I also hope that we will see her reactions, emotions and all of that in the new quests/missions. I want to see her psyche fleshed out in the upcoming new chapter of World of Warcraft! How she made a deal with the Jailer, what she is thinking about Nathanos, how she's reacting to her crimes.

That will be really interesting and awesome!

As always an impressive level of stupid writing.
    Sylvanas suddenly understanding that the obvious evil guy does evil things.
    Zovaal giving his enemies a new asset before leaving.
    Amazing...

At this point I'd rather we just get disjointed tiers in progression, just like in Vanilla. Following the lore nowadays is just rage inducing for me, I'd rather play WoW without any story at all, rather than follow two and half expansions of this horse shit.

Blizzard should cut the writing team to one person(mind you, someone other than Golden and Danuser) and use the money to hire more actual developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Well you have space marine as a avatar picture which are bereable only as Angry Marines, i dont think you are equipped to point out cringe.
    What. Space Marines are awesome.

Can't wait for captain grim's take on this, if he still plays that is.

Sylvanas dies and the Jailer turns into Thanos.

Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sylvanas dies and the Jailer turns into Thanos.

Heh.
    Jailer is literally the story team watching Infinity War in 2018 going 'OMG GUYZZZ you know what would be SO COOL -- if WoW had THANOS!!! -- and you know what would be COOL -- if he did ALL THE SAME STUFF' and basically straight up plagiarizing ideas based on their profitability.

Does Disney know what Blizzard is doing? Their lawyers have been set off for less than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Can't wait to see more of Sylvanas in the next patch.
    I also hope that we will see her reactions, emotions and all of that in the new quests/missions. I want to see her psyche fleshed out in the upcoming new chapter of World of Warcraft! How she made a deal with the Jailer, what she is thinking about Nathanos, how she's reacting to her crimes.

That will be really interesting and awesome!
    Great sarcasm! XD

Oooh! Maybe if we're good kids, we'll get a questline where journey through all the SL zones with Nathanos Cringecaller to discover aspects of her mind, like how she wants to be a mother! We gather those up and restore her fragmented mind, so she can wield the Dragon Soul against Deathwing... er, I mean... so she can use her super awesome new totally-not-pulled-from-Danuser's-ass powers to stop Blue Man wearing raid set! XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Why changing your mind, having doubts, switching sides in real life is okay but when it comes to the game, it's suddenly 'bad writing'. What wouldn't be bad writing? Having Sylvanas standing in Undercity half-naked?

Don't worry guys I am sure every gigantic plot hole will be explained in detail with incoming book series costing money to stuff blizzard's pockets instead of the game where most of us would like this shit to make sense. I have given up on blizzard story telling so much nonsense.

Do the characters say anything after the cinematic?

All I've seen is the cinematic, but it looks like they approach Sylvanas. Is more said after the cinematic, either through voice or through text dialogue?

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Jailer is literally the story team watching Infinity War in 2018 going 'OMG GUYZZZ you know what would be SO COOL -- if WoW had THANOS!!! -- and you know what would be COOL -- if he did ALL THE SAME STUFF' and basically straight up plagiarizing ideas based on their profitability.

Does Disney know what Blizzard is doing? Their lawyers have been set off for less than this.
    It's totally different.

He has the Infinity Sigils, not the Stones!

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    ok. but it still doesn't make sense to me. why would he do that? when everybody know that's one more things that's gonna help "us" defeat him in the end.. if he believe Bolvar and co are going to lynch her on the spot, it doesn't make any difference if she got her soul back or not. he just gave her an excuse to be spared by the good guys. her plot armour is so thick and heavy (and obvious..) I don't know how she can walk with it....
    Im just gonna go with him giving her soul back because maybe it takes away her power? Makes her weak in comparison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Good cinematic in terms of looks, but awful in terms of story.
    "I will never serve.... Apart from the decades i have been serving you Apparently."

So yea this moment which is meant to be a big "fuck yea" moment is more face palming bad, because bitch you have been serving him Apparently, ever since you threw yourself off Icecrown
    There is a difference between service and servitude. Sylvanas realized that whe would become a slave to the Jailor just like she had been a slave for the Lich King. We see her having doubts when it happens to Anduin, but, hey, it was not her. Now it becomes personal and she rebels.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do I dare say I didn't mind it? Sure it was predictable but whos writing in games isn't nowadays. I don't think it is supposed to be this huge mystery to us players this time around, but more soo a mystery to our in game characters. Not saying that is a good way to get immersion but meh.

Think the Voltron jailer looks just like id expect some crazed dude in the cosmos of wow to look.
    Sylvannas having part of her soul/being stored away by the jailer is interesting. how much of sylvannas was in control? Will tyrande be able to see reason now? Arthas parallels are welcome and in this case I feel like there may be some lore heavy implications when we see Arthas in Shadowlands (at least I expect it).
    I suppose people will hate on everything.

Honestly messing with titan lore makes sense on blizzards behalf, it was seemingly one of there most popular lore topics of old. It seem most people hate having answers and just prefer mysterious non cannon tin foil hat chatter.

The cunning and calculating Sylvanas, being not so cunning and calculating all of the sudden.
    Jeez. This is something to be expected from an orc.

Pretty hard to defend this on any level really. They wrapped the long term narrative around sylvanas, to the point where it only fits if she's the dumbest person involved in it. And even then the pay off is roundly unsatisfying for everyone concerned.

I don't doubt this ends in some heroic sacrifice, but this is really, really bad writing and storytelling