7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Jailer looks fantastic though, infinitely better than Mr. Blue'n'bald.
    I mean, it definitely looks better than the smurf model.

But they kinda just plastered the maw plate set on him.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

It's not exactly the plate set. It looks very similar, but there are small differences.

Besides, the plate set looks good, and the old Jailer model looked boring. So I don't see why hiding the boring parts of his old model with the cool plate armor set model would be a bad thing, or even necessarily why that would preclude it from making the model better.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Finally the time has come to congratulate that garbage Janitor on something. His new design looks very, very good. Before he looked like a hobo, but now he looks like a proper Lord of Domination should.

Now let's see if these people can finally give him a:

- Personality
    - Backstory
    - Motivations
    - Ideology/Philosophy

Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    More like Alleria is Sylvanas #2 tbf. Between Turalyon and her he’s the lighter of the two where "grey morality" is concerned. And since Sylvanas is now redeemed as Zovaal's puppet, Alleria has become the only black sheep in her family.
    Never compare Alleria to Sylvanas again. Sylvanas is an incredibly selfish individual who for years wanted to sacrifice her people to keep herself away from Hell. Meanwhile Alleria is one of the most altruistic characters in the franchise, someone who genuinely wants to protect the entire planet no matter the price.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Do we have any reports on what happens after the cinematic? What the NPCs say? Or did they really just leave us with the pretentious cliffhanger for the next couple of months?

Actually looking at the Guardian boss, it is different.

More angular, beige/black/grey coloring and lots of hexagons
    Hmm, I see alot of the Oribis elements as well though, looking at the weapon for example.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    And when did that happen? Last I checked he went into hiding after being captured by Sylvanas and I don't remember him talking to anyone outside of the goody circle after his maw rescue. In fact I remember him spending most of his time hurled up in Oribos clutching his knees.
    It as in the maw intro that he got thown of the tower. Luckily for baine there was anduin to heal him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea looks like plaster idd, hes look still doesnt strike me with wow thats cool.

Completely unsurprised by how things turned out. Shocker. They really couldn't help themselves, could they?

I was surprised though by the Jailer's new form, if only because I expected him to take on a look like the initial artwork. But that works.

I'm glad I stopped caring as much as I used to for the lore. I still do care a bit, obviously, but nowhere near the level I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Do we have any reports on what happens after the cinematic? What the NPCs say? Or did they really just leave us with the pretentious cliffhanger for the next couple of months?

Hmm, I see alot of the Oribis elements as well though, looking at the weapon for example.
    There’s supposed to be a scene after we get the compass
    Anduin and Sylvanas are chatting but we didn’t have audio

Guaranteed he’s a double agent

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Seeing comments like this become more and more common gives me the faith that WoW will be fine for many years to come. It's a 100% chance people will romanticize BFA and SL in the future.
    Or maybe WoW is just going downhill and we have less and less to appreciate. Funny how the exact same thing can be seen as evidence of two pollar opposites. Guess it depends how much of an optimist or a cynic you are.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    There’s supposed to be a scene after we get the compass
    Anduin and Sylvanas are chatting but we didn’t have audio

Guaranteed he’s a double agent
    I know about the compass scene, but I'm more curious how the raid ends after the cinematic plays. Usually you get to talk to the lore heroes and get some fluff from them.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Regime change for 10.0 please. The sooner, the better.

And I don't mean in-game.

I don't think Anduin's a double agent. He doesn't seem the type to go along with atrocities, even if it means in the end he'd get the chance to stop them.

Unrelated but did anyone else have a hell of a time understanding the Jailer? I get that evil needs to sound deep and have reverb, but it was almost impossible for me to understand anything he said (and at the time I watched the video, CC wasn't working for some reason).

Also have we yet gotten an answer for what happened to the Arbiter in the first place?
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2021-07-07 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I don't think Anduin's a double agent. He doesn't seem the type to go along with atrocities, even if it means in the end he'd get the chance to stop them.

Unrelated but did anyone else have a hell of a time understanding the Jailer? I get that evil needs to sound deep and have reverb, but it was almost impossible for me to understand anything he said (and at the time I watched the video, CC wasn't working for some reason).

Also have we yet gotten an answer for what happened to the Arbiter in the first place?
    I had to turn the subtitles on, and even though I am not a native speaker, I used to be an English teacher…

There was definitely something difficult to understand in the way he spoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Cinematic is already out... and is bad. I guess he's going to the sepulcher?
    Can't stop stage 1. That was pretty much a given. I'm guessing 9.2 will be about helping the Covenants reforge their sigils, just like the Primus tells you this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Even if he isn't, he might not be fully purged of Zovaal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I had to turn the subtitles on, and even though I am not a native speaker, I used to be an English teacher…

There was definitely something difficult to understand in the way he spoke!
    They just overdid it with the voice effect.

I had to rewatch it a few times as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Can't stop stage 1. That was pretty much a given. I'm guessing 9.2 will be about helping the Covenants reforge their sigils, just like the Primus tells you this week.
    We are reforging the sigils during the 9.1 campaign.

Formerly known as Arafal

You could probably program a bot to come up with this shit; now Gromvanas is unconscious, I'm guessing the post-raid "speak to the NPCs" dialogue will consist of almost everyone agreeing--against all logic and their own agendas--to keep Sylvanas "alive" instead of just beheading her now she's too unconscious to fight back.

After all, Kerrigan's obviously important to the story conclusion.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

We are reforging the sigils during the 9.1 campaign.
    Are they physically reforging them? Last i looked, they only did the "find their purpose" prerequisite.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    You could probably program a bot to come up with this shit; now Gromvanas is unconscious, I'm guessing the post-raid "speak to the NPCs" dialogue will consist of almost everyone agreeing--against all logic and their own agendas--to keep Sylvanas "alive" instead of just beheading her now she's too unconscious to fight back.

While i see where you're coming from, you seem to have forgotten where they are. Might as well just save the effort and put her in a Venthyr cage as-is while she can't fight back or run. Let her stew for a few millenia in the knowledge that she got duped.

Though storywise i'd prefer if she basically plays no role afterwards. No redemption, no death, just damnatio memoriae.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post

It does make sense to keep her alive honestly. Killing her might be safer, but they do want to find Anduin, so why not keep her alive and interrogate her until she spills her guts, whether metaphorically or literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they physically reforging them? Last i looked, they only did the "find their purpose" prerequisite.

While i see where you're coming from, you seem to have forgotten where they are. Might as well just save the effort and put her in a Venthyr cage as-is while she can't fight back or run. Let her stew for a few millenia in the knowledge that she got duped.

Though storywise i'd prefer if she basically plays no role afterwards. No redemption, no death, just damnatio memoriae.
    There is still one more questline that was hidden on the PTR, seems the big reveals will be hidden in that one.

7+ Year Old Account
    They physically reforge then, they get the sigil back once they accomplished re-establishment.

Fae do after the Elune stuff.
    Venthyr when they get their medallions back
    Kyrian after they establish their new Paragon and temple.

And scourge prime does their thing, whatever their thing is.
    Which hasn't been revealed afaik.

Formerly known as Arafal

This expansion will end in 9.2. The Jailer literally just got his final form.

"B-but Helya and the House of Chosen dude!!!!", these people literally put Ner'zhul, Kel'thuzad, and Sylvanas all in the same raid They won't make a separate patch for Helya LOL!

So Yes Shadowlands will end in 9.2 with the final boss being the Jailer in his Final Form/Lich King Rip-off form.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This expansion will end in 9.2. The Jailer literally just got his final form.

"B-but Helya and the House of Chosen dude!!!!", these people literally put Ner'zhul, Kel'thuzad, and Sylvanas all in the same raid They won't make a separate patch for Helya LOL!

So Yes Shadowlands will end in 9.2 with the final boss being the Jailer in his Final Form/Lich King Rip-off form.
    Or possibly the 9.2 patch follows in hte grand tradition of previous .2 patches and just has us go to somewhere mostly unrelated to the main plot. Somewhere like for instance the in-between to fight Devourers, or to the planes of life to fight Drust, or recruit Elune or anything for that matter.

We had an entire patch in MoP dedicated almost solely to Mogu and the Thunder King. It might have seemed like we were barreling towards a resolution with Garrosh during the Krasarang offensive, but the game had no problem taking that heavy detour.