Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Hrmm. They made it far more "Grindy" in 9.1 due to the score system, and the fact that you have to get 180 points to get to the next layer. So you need to go in with a game plan to progress, can't just yolo it anymore.
    It’s 160

You get 1 point per 1% of completion
    If you hit below the par time each time you get up to 50 points
    By doing completion you get multiple challenges I think 20 points minimum
    If you empower for the final boss and burn him you get 35-45 points doubled

should be solo only/solo encouraged, the new timer and score system should never have made it past a brain storming session. The concept of a place to take any class/spec get access to powers that are OP as hell should have been an easy win for fun, but somehow they screwed it up.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It was fun a couple times. It is not fun when we have to grind it to get the best ilvl legendarys and/or multiple of them. If they made it mostly cosmetic rewards and actually challenging to complete I think it would have been much more well recieved.

Same reason people hated scenarios. Doing repetitive boring trash clears for a required currency can't be made fun.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    1) Takes too long
    2) The "randomness" barely exists
    3) The aesthetic is grating
    4) Not enough anima powers, the ones we have are incredibly safe 90% of the time
    5) Too easy
    6) Barely any interesting rewards
    That.

BM hunt got zero interesting powers, literally zero, there isn't even a single one that I would call even remotely fun. The only time I had any fun when I did L8 in 9.0 when i decided to not pick any powers whatsoever because at least it proved a bit challenging.

I honestly liked islands way more (especially with ATOMIK).

Now when it comes to roguelikes i'd honestly get more entertainment watching someone play isac than actually playing torghast.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Just feels tedious. I find myself just leaning on my arm slowly killing things because it is all an HP sink and gear check, nothing more.

For me it comes down to this: it contains a highly lucrative reward, and the difficulty of clearing it is on the brainless level. Furthermore, I don't find it all that fun, and it's on the long side. So not fun + long + no challenge = not liking it much at all.

I like Torghast. I think it gets a bad rap.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I kinda get the arguments over the randomness of the powers since some classes/specs kinda get shafted. But taking too long? It's literally 15-20 minutes to do a wing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Care to reply with arguments, such as the ones I laid out above? I clearly stated why and how I find Torghast to be a fun activity. It would be cool if you could do the same, so we can get a discussion going. That is what a forum is used for, since the times of the Ancient Romans (where the word comes from actually) when they thought up the concept.
    I don’t think that many people hate it. It’s just that on this site you have a very vocal tiny minority who may or may not play the game who say they hate Torghast.

Don’t confuse the vocal minority with the silent majority

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    1. Repetitive - they tried their best with the different wings, but honestly it's just always the same: go through map, beat floor boss, repeat.
    2. Mandatory - the rewards are fundamental to character progression, so you have to do it all the time, on every character, every week, for a very long time.
    3. Anima Powers - they SOUND fun at first, until you realize that a lot of the time you just end up either doing the exact same thing, or feeling bad because of bad rolls
    4. Bosses - Torghast has incredibly boring and simplistic bosses, a lot of the time they die in literal seconds and you ignore most mechanics

All of that combines to make a chore rather than an activity. Instead of something you WANT to do because it's enjoyable, it becomes something you HAVE to do because it has uniquely attractive rewards.

...which, when you boil it down, is at the heart of a lot of WoW's problems.
    Wow I was basically just typing this. Also as has been mentioned, some specs are just boring and bad (BM hunter solo, which I mained). It was sort of ok in a group, you just pump the tank with all your MD power but its boring AF.

Also, it's 95% trash.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2021-07-07 at 03:14 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think torghast is a fun diversion.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Takes too long, repetitive, bad tuning for specs, mobs and aethestics are uninspiring, lack of rewards, mandatory, boring anima powers, bosses have the most basic abilities. For such a major feature they should've done way more with this.

Because Torghast takes two of the most "anti-fun" things in WoW and combines them into an absolute misery:
    1) hours and hours of killing trash mobs
    2) with no reward

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That.

BM hunt got zero interesting powers, literally zero, there isn't even a single one that I would call even remotely fun. The only time I had any fun when I did L8 in 9.0 when i decided to not pick any powers whatsoever because at least it proved a bit challenging.

I honestly liked islands way more (especially with ATOMIK).

Now when it comes to roguelikes i'd honestly get more entertainment watching someone play isac than actually playing torghast.
    Same for MM hunter. No powers that abolutely wreck the game or make it intresting. You can double the dmg of your pet and make tartrap cover huge areas but that wont make it any faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Care to not demand people rationally justify to you their gut reactions?

Perhaps a part of it is that people signed up to play an MMO, not a rogue-like. If I eat at a restaurant and order burgers, and they suddenly start insisting I eat asparagus instead, I'm not going to be happy, even if I can't objectively explain why I hate asparagus.
    Agreed. Occam's razor: Why does Torghast suck? Because they attempted to shoehorn a roguelike into a game that is not a roguelike and then tied one of the most important aspects of character progression to it. Blizzard was never going to devote the resources necessary (time, art assets, back-end tech) to make Torghast work. The mage tower was successful because it was built on the core elements of the underlying game.

Is that a good enough answer?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No, it really doesn't.
    It does. You don't like it, that's fine. I hate PVP, but I don't complain about how the game deals with it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Getting 'a bad rap' says that it does not deserve it's reputation, which simply isn't true.

Torghast is boring, uninspired, blatantly repetitive, and is just not fun for the large majority of players that have done it since what made it originally fun has largely been nerfed out of it, and this latest 9.1 iteration is even worse if you can believe it.

If you like it, that's fine. But don't confuse your opinion with it being superior to the public's opinion at large.
    You are literally making up facts.

You've no clue what the majority of players are or aren't playing. You don't like it, you think most people hate it without any real evidence besides anecdotes from a message board or two and believe it deserves its rep. I enjoy it and don't believe it deserves the bad rap it gets. One of us is giving an opinion as an opinion and the other is thinking their opinion is irrefutable fact.

I didn't make up anything, sorry
    Cool, my bad. I look forward to seeing your data.

I didn't make up anything, sorry
    Yes you are

The reality is that "large majority of the playerbase" you are referring to is actually just your little own echo chamber, aka the wow forums

9.1 Torghast is dope

Hopefully Blizzard brings it back next expansion and keeps making you run it until you sprout out catgirl ears