Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

*Spoiler* Soul Crystal

So. In the final cinematic, we see the Jailer pull out generic soul crystal from his prison pocket, crush it like crack rock and shoved Sylvanas' soul back in her.

So, going back to the cinematic where Baduins M.Night Shalamourn was being crafted...

Who's soul was infused into the weapon?

Varians? His mothers? Mega Peon the thirds?
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

It's got to be Arthas, if anyone's soul was going to be bonded to a Frostmourne 2.0

But, given the storytelling capability of the WoW writers it could just as well be absolutely nothing special or pertaining to the plot at all. In fact they have probably already forgotten about that detail themselves.

it'd be ironic if varian's soul was used to enslave anduin. but i doubt the blizz writers have that kind of creativity.

I bet it was Nathanos

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it could be King Terenas for all we know and we'll get a classic moment where Anduin goes "Is it over... grand-father?" and everyone will get mad at the writers again.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

If they haven't forgotten about it already the interesting picks would be Arthas, for the obligatory fanservice and Nathanos, just because it'd really twist the knife when it comes to Sylvanas. Varian got disenchanted and died before the afterlife broke, so I doubt it's him, not that that'd stop Blizzard.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... Arthas' soul hasn't been seen since the Afterlives video...

Most likely Arthas. UNLESS it is Nathanos and used as a way to get Sylvanas from attacking Anduin.

Aceperson, Creativity? A a blond young Light guy with his father trapped with cursed sword. A paladin/DK, who want freed his father or a prince/alive?DK, who killed his king. Or maybe it isn't Varian, but Arthas. I know we must wait for next cinematic/cutscene when whatever people on this forum image will propably be better than what they give.
    Last edited by Lacida3; 2021-07-07 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Arthas since his soul is probably more attuned that whole domination shit.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    it'd be ironic if varian's soul was used to enslave anduin. but i doubt the blizz writers have that kind of creativity.
    That would be pretty fucking stupid, not creative, considering one of the biggest things about fel magic is that it literally consumes and obliterates the soul. And there's really no arguing that Varian was anything other than obliterated by fel magic as we literally see Gul'Dan fry him until he explodes with fel magic. The last thing we need is more terrible writing that doesn't follow its own universes' rules and that's not even a particularly arcane one.

It also wouldn't be ironic. The jailer is a sadistic jerk. We'd literally expect him to do something messed up like use a person's own family to control/torture them. Irony means it's contrary to the expected outcome. Like going to an expert world class chef for a meal and getting the worst meal of your life. I can't think of anything that' much more The Jailer than than him using Varian's soul to control Anduin.

edit-mixed up my sadism and masochism
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-07-07 at 10:07 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

5+ Year Old Account
    The crystal is perhaps a portable HDD with a cloud backup of Sylv's brain, which probably went *splat* either when she yeeted herself off the ICC ramparts or when Godfrey scored an impressive headshot on her not much later.

I mean, it's practically the only explanation for her consistently stupid behaviour since Cata
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    It's got to be Arthas, if anyone's soul was going to be bonded to a Frostmourne 2.0

But, given the storytelling capability of the WoW writers it could just as well be absolutely nothing special or pertaining to the plot at all. In fact they have probably already forgotten about that detail themselves.
    That would make sense, as well as being a fitting fate for him. Frostmourne always seemed like sentient entity in a way, would be cool if it was once a living being made into a weapon.

Isn't varians soul destroyed? He was vaporized by fel magic and the legion uses Souls as well, so varian probably ended up as fuel for some legion sorcery.
    It's probably arthas, although Nathanos would be way funnier.

Arthas's soul is an interesting choic.

Nathanos's soul, if the only way to free Anduin is to destroy the sword and Nathanos.

Given the dialogue in first instance it should probably have been Denathrius and Denathrius is currently unavailable and due for some Venthyr redemption, it's possible for it to be a nameless soul or Nathanos.
    So that the power of love can give the much needed depth to the whole redemption arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is probably Nathanos.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacida3 View Post
    Aceperson, Creativity? A a blond young Light guy with his father trapped with cursed sword. A paladin/DK, who want freed his father or a prince/alive?DK, who killed his king. Or maybe it isn't Varian, but Arthas. I know we must wait for next cinematic/cutscene when whatever people on this forum image will propably be better than what they give.
    Especially when people have already decided they hate it before they see it.

Don't think it should be Arthas.

In Uther scenario (not live yet) we will visit a vault of these shards. Many shards have names that directly point to people Arthas killed with Frostmourne. Arthas wasn't been killed by a Frostmourne so his soul should never be in such a shard. Ofc it is possible that shards are just made by the jailer and he can put any soul he finds there. But why otherwise he would have a soul shard of everyone arthas ever killed by Frostmourne even all nameless folk.

Cant be Varian as someone wrote before. His soul was completely destroyed by Guldan.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Don't think it should be Arthas.

In Uther scenario (not live yet) we will visit a vault of these shards. Many shards have names that directly point to people Arthas killed with Frostmourne. Arthas wasn't been killed by a Frostmourne so his soul should never be in such a shard. Ofc it is possible that shards are just made by the jailer and he can put any soul he finds there. But why otherwise he would have a soul shard of everyone arthas ever killed by Frostmourne even all nameless folk.

Cant be Varian as someone wrote before. His soul was completely destroyed by Guldan.
    The first soul to be consumed by frostmourne in WC3:RoC was Arthas' when he wielded it.