Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i don't like garrosh because he has done nothing wrong. i like him because his ideals says he did nothing wrong. he was a character i love to hate. sylvanas is a character i hate to hate because she is inconsistent writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Incorrect. That distinct honor goes to Star Wars fans.

Want proof? Watch this:

The Last Jedi was the best Star Wars film in two decades.
    Redoing the the empire strikes back in the most obtuse and pointless way possible while simultaneously destroying Luke's character and the concept of lightspeed travel itself is not a good movie, it's a mindless CGI flex for mouth breathers

Incorrect. That distinct honor goes to Star Wars fans.

Want proof? Watch this:

The Last Jedi was the best Star Wars film in two decades.
    Nah. Star War's Fans are just older. But I'll say this if you think that series was good I wouldn't trust you around small children or sharp objects.

You were right this thread would be largely a circle jerk of the complainers even if it was good. But that's about it.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Blue eyes are cool, red eyes are hot.

- - - Updated - - -

There must always be an Arbiter. Till we get to the Shadowier Lands and it turns out the Lunch lady was imprisoned for wanting more spices for her food and she created the Arbiter to gather the four kitchen knives to get her out of her shackles.
    I personally can't wait for the next set of Slightly Older Gods, who were the true puppeteers until we kill them with 10 people wearing dungeon blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Imagine using the word "Actiblizz" unironically
    It's short for activision-blizzard, the full name of the company. Like referring to square-enix as squenix or just SE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Is the glorious ridiculousness which was Garrosh and his absolutely ham-fisted yet finalized ending, for real. This has to be the bottom of the barrel and how blind people are about it amazes me.

He did not put Teldrassil on fire; Sure. But he did slaughter masses of people in his life - The death tally caused by his interaction alone during the WoD section of the game can surely hold somewhat of a candle to Sylvanas putting the torch to the great tree, and here he goes out - Saying he would do it all again while screaming For The Horde. His Horde that is... Which by all means would have been the most pathetic Horde ever. I miss when people actually were being ironic when saying "Garrosh did nothing wrong" - Dude went out like a chump, not a chad and I loved every single moment of it.

But for real I would like to know what goes trough the heads of the ones in charge of the Warcraft story over at ActiBlizz. Surely they knew the community would get a kick from what now obviously seems to be Sylvanas getting a redemption arc. And yes there is by all means good money in that because; much like this thread - things like this sparks conversation. But there is this one side of me just that don't want to believe that ActiBlizz is going all this just because "Controversy = Traction = More money" There is still something holding on somewhere in me that wants to think that "Surely this will all amount to something similar to their past writing" <- Which by no means was GREAT, but it was better than what we got now.

What do you all think? Is the WoW story just a rudderless ship which is being written to simply push obvious buttons of a community in order to scrape out every single coin that can be snagged? Or does someone think that ActiBlizz at any point will turn things on it's head for a better change?
    He didn’t set teldrassil on fire sure but he sure did bomb the hell out of theramore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, it was not. Fanfiction is also "supplemental" to the story. Would you call fanfiction "part of the story"?
    So story and lore created by Blizzard is equal to fan fiction? Seriously. What the heck. We had the Infinite flight as part of TBC and the story/instances. We had it as part of the story/instance in WotLK. We even defeated the leader of the dragonflight in Cataclysm. And yet you are saying they are not part of the story and are equal to fan fiction. The story and quests associated with instances exist in the story. If it is as you say and they do not exist and are equal to fan fiction then Sylvanas was never defeated in 9.1 right? Onyxia was never defeated. The Lich King was never defeated. Sargeras was never stopped. And so on and so on.

How can Blizzard every do anything right when people are so delusional about what is and isn't part of the story?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-07-07 at 11:09 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'd like to think Blizzard's writers aren't so shallow to simply write in a vapid redemption arc after all of the extremely negative feedback Sylvanas' story in general has received lately. I could be wrong but I feel like a lot of people are jumping to conclusions that aren't fully clear as of yet.
    People are jumping to conclusions, sure. But let's look at what we're currently given in terms of facts. The Jailer has accomplished his goal and is now apparently god levels of powerful. Sylvanas had a change of heart, wants to stop him and is the only person that is intimately familiar with his plans and all the cosmic shit surrounding it while we're still completely clueless.

Call me crazy but to me all of this clearly points in the direction that we're going to have to work with Sylvanas in some way or another. At the very least she's going to get "interrogated" or something and if Blizzard feels particularly daring we'll get another AU Grommash type scenario. I think to many people, those two outcomes (and everything in between) is not really satisfying.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    He didn’t set teldrassil on fire sure but he sure did bomb the hell out of theramore
    Oh I know. But the few times I brought that up in the past where Garrosh could be pointed to as an example of "Extremely poorly written WoW villain" - I have been met with little more other than "But Sylvanas burning Telrdassil is MUCH WORSE!" (<- Or similar comments of the same nature) ever since she put the torch to the tree.

Before that, knobheads kept going on about anything from:
    "GARROSH DID NOTHING WRONG!" to "Uhm achthually, it was a good strategic move as Theramore was too close to the Horde capital and could one day pose as a serious threat <- This funny enough being something which is just "forgotten" when the same is said in reverse when there was only speculations about why Sylvanas set the tree ablaze.

But thank you for being a civilized person who has not forgotten that he did this as I agree; it is a valid point - Pro-Garrosh players will just maul you for it and I did not want the thread to turn into a circlejerk thing... Yet a certain someone who promotes rose tinted googles already began that cycle with force so what the heck..
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

The point is that most of the people circlejerking "shit writing" already determined it was shit before watching the cinematic. It wouldn't have mattered what happened. These same people would still be complaining that Blizzard "missed the mark," because, well, Blizzard sucks.
    If the story was good and people were calling it shit, then maybe you'd have a point. Problem is you missed the mark :P

As far as possible outcomes go, there's little chance that it will turn out into a good story in retrospect. It's actually digging deeper holes for itself. Even the current state of events contradicts a lot of Sylvanas' motivations throughout, and are (to many people) inexcusable just because 'she got her soul fragment back'.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-07 at 11:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    People are jumping to conclusions, sure. But let's look at what we're currently given in terms of facts. The Jailer has accomplished his goal and is now apparently god levels of powerful. Sylvanas had a change of heart, wants to stop him and is the only person that is intimately familiar with his plans and all the cosmic shit surrounding it while we're still completely clueless.
    I am pretty sure the Primus would know his target if not the details of his plan. Remember the primus also said we could reforge sigils to stop the Jailer. So there are other things already established to understand and fight the Jailer that do not involve Sylvanas. Will she be a part of stuff going forward? Probably. It would actually be a crappy story if she isn't because of her tactical value and skills.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Is the glorious ridiculousness which was Garrosh and his absolutely ham-fisted yet finalized ending, for real. This has to be the bottom of the barrel and how blind people are about it amazes me.

He did not put Teldrassil on fire; Sure. But he did slaughter masses of people in his life - The death tally caused by his interaction alone during the WoD section of the game can surely hold somewhat of a candle to Sylvanas putting the torch to the great tree, and here he goes out - Saying he would do it all again while screaming For The Horde. His Horde that is... Which by all means would have been the most pathetic Horde ever. I miss when people actually were being ironic when saying "Garrosh did nothing wrong" - Dude went out like a chump, not a chad and I loved every single moment of it.

But for real I would like to know what goes trough the heads of the ones in charge of the Warcraft story over at ActiBlizz. Surely they knew the community would get a kick from what now obviously seems to be Sylvanas getting a redemption arc. And yes there is by all means good money in that because; much like this thread - things like this sparks conversation. But there is this one side of me just that don't want to believe that ActiBlizz is going all this just because "Controversy = Traction = More money" There is still something holding on somewhere in me that wants to think that "Surely this will all amount to something similar to their past writing" <- Which by no means was GREAT, but it was better than what we got now.

What do you all think? Is the WoW story just a rudderless ship which is being written to simply push obvious buttons of a community in order to scrape out every single coin that can be snagged? Or does someone think that ActiBlizz at any point will turn things on it's head for a better change?
    you know it takes alot of energy and effort to coordinate things to happen. so thanks for writing.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I am pretty sure the Primus would know his target if not the details of his plan. Remember the primus also said we could reforge sigils to stop the Jailer. So there are other things already established to understand and fight the Jailer that do not involve Sylvanas. Will she be a part of stuff going forward? Probably. It would actually be a crappy story if she isn't because of her tactical value and skills.
    Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. The way the story is set up now it would be retarded for us not to utilize her in some capacity.

Garrosh is the best character created in World of Warcraft, unironically.

Glad he could escape the franchise without weird twists and pseudo redemptions. The quality of the "cinematic" is terrible, but his voice actor is just something else regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post

Glad he could escape the franchise without weird twists and pseudo redemptions. The quality of the "cinematic" is terrible, but his voice actor is just something else regardless.
    It's better this way. The fact that he's permanently dead means he can't be ruined anymore by Danuser and his colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Thrall cheated.
    A battle of life and death shouldn’t have one person crippled to the point of useless to give the other party a better chance. Asking a caster to not use their abilities in a fight with their life on the line is utterly idiotic. Do warriors expect people to just stand still and let them cleave away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

The gigachad garrosh vs the virgin mmoc shitposter.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post

I'm still to this day trying to understand people like you - Just because a character "sticks to his guns" does not mean that said character is well written. Garrosh was little to no more than a warmongering character with anger issue caused by daddy issues. His entire character can be summed up with "Me love Horde, dad made horde great, dad sullied Horde by drinking demon blood, me eternally angry now because dad brought shame on Horde, I will show you all a true Horde"

This is not AS Bad as Sylvanas but he is still one of the worst written major WoW characters imo. Like yeah duh one-note characters that hardly see the light of day will always be worse in most ways so it's not like he is the worst written character in all WoW-Lorde; but he is for sure one of the worst ones among the crowd of major characters. If he's so good because "He never stopped believing in the True Horde" then the same argument can be used for Sylvanas as while she wants people to bend and serve; She will never do it "If they are forced too" or some profound BS like that.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)

Garrosh is the closest to a real
    Warchief WoW has ever had. Sylvanas was serving another master, thrall turned them into a collection of alliance sympathizers.

Garrosh was not only a true warchief in the wc2 way, but he would have won had blizzard not forced the horde into betraying him. That’s bad writing. No member of the horde is going to sell out the horde on the verge of victory. Nobody but Blizz is like “don’t you wanna be an alliance member for one raid rather than win WoW?”

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Garrosh is the closest to a real
    Warchief WoW has ever had. Sylvanas was serving another master, thrall turned them into a collection of alliance sympathizers.

Garrosh was not only a true warchief in the wc2 way, but he would have won had blizzard not forced the horde into betraying him. That’s bad writing. No member of the horde is going to sell out the horde on the verge of victory. Nobody but Blizz is like “don’t you wanna be an alliance member for one raid rather than win WoW?”
    You do make it sound like the remaining races of the Horde loves genocide. I'm all for people supporting what little Garrosh stands for as a character; all the power too you. But when making an argument like this; at least try to stick to the actual lore. There is reason why Garrosh and the "Horde" he shambled together was made up of Orcs and Goblins for the most part; because Orcs due to story yes; sort of has "war in their blood" at this point. And Goblins can legit be bought, "Time is money" - But do not try to make it sound like the Taurens, Darkspear, Blood Elfs or Pandaren would like to join a Horde which would essentially be built upon the foundation of "We will conquer it all" - The Forsaken? Maybe give or take what Blizzard would have had Sylvanas do had they not gone down the rabbit hole they currently have dug themselves into, but yeah. The Horde was not forced to betray Garrosh; Garrosh just displayed his true nature as a one-note war machine which was interested in little more than conquest and as a result: most other members of the Horde turned against him - Nothing was forced; it all happened due to how poorly written he was of a character.