Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I think people can have plenty of reasons to be irritated with SC. They absolutely have made some communication errors and what not.

That being said we really do not need to hear "oh it is taking too long" "oh they said this and have not done it" "it will never work" "they are going to run out of funding in this year" "oh wait maybe next year look at this infallible graph I produced" and so on and so on and so on. No longer criticism just pure self indulgence and circlejerking. Why the mods are not putting a kosh to this shit show now is kind of pathetic. I think 600 pages of the same garbage over and over is quite enough.

Snippet from page 180 5+ years ago(as far back as I can go without making any particular effort, the point being you can literally jump randomly through this thread and get the same drone). No really we do not need to hear this shit anymore, it is not interesting, it is not insightful, it is not useful to anyone and it is certainly not going to bring down the project or whatever the big plan is. These "opinions" were heard and acknowledged literally hundreds of pages and half a decade ago.
    Yeap, It's just noise. Only in this thread we're we have the same angry posters, who never played the game or followed development, blowing the drama horns ad nauseam year after year because somehow they can't accept that CIG and Star Citizen development is doing just fine and get angry when they inevitably get corrected or confronted with the reality that both the game and the company keep improving and growing year after year despite their constant premonitions of collapse.

It's part sad part hilarious in a odd kind of way. But hey, it keeps the thread highlighted and there's some game knowledge sharing and debate here and there for those who are genuinely interested in the game.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-07-03 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    CiG never once stated SQ42 was going to be released in 2016, a year at the end of a video on a presentation is not proof of a release date, so no they have not missed any official release dates, and still even if they did they can do whatever they want to develop the game, all you have is your assumptions.
    "There is no war in Ba Sing Se" -Kenn9530

Anyone new reading here; don't be fooled by 680 pages.
    Game will not be out soon and in its current form it will never be a MMO game.
    They speak they are working on something they call server meshing but it is still a theory. Nothing has been achieved yet.

Company devs and Chris Roberts himself love to tell lies.
    Chris Roberts hires other companies that he has shares and pay them for development so he gets paid twice from the backer money.

You don't need to get your money trapped. The alpha state of game is full of bugs and there is no gameplay at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    There's nothing to agree on though since it's a simple premise. If you read those articles you'll get even more context:

https://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/...ndustry-is-too

Also: https://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/...he-angry-gamer
    I don't need to understand the apple farming business to tilt my head when I see a guy watering his apple trees with coyote urine.

People still buying into this scam after all those years?
    Alt-reich/Trumpism is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I don't need to understand the apple farming business to tilt my head when I see a guy watering his apple trees with coyote urine.
    Unless there's a "How do you like them apples!?" joke in there I don't see how the apple farming business challenges have got anything to do with the game development business ones.

In actual game development news, a cool video leak of the new cloud city just emerged from a bug report:

https://streamable.com/9quay6

Optimization has been ongoing and performance improved greatly since last patch. Current test is focused on ship/weapons/shields/missiles changes and overall ship combat dynamics in PVP/PVE.

cool video leak of the new cloud city just emerged from a bug report:

https://streamable.com/9quay6
    Can you land in the middle of a plaza? As in the player city area that has the quest giver NPCs and the shops and such? I didn't see any no fly zones like in at Loreville or ArcCorp, and, the playable area isn't enclosed like MicroTech. Could make for some interesting gameplay such as using a ship like the Pisces or the Cutlass or the Freelancer to do a very quick pickup of players (without them having to go all the way to the spaceport). Or, when armistice zones are removed, you could quickly deploy a special forces team to take out your bounty targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Can you land in the middle of a plaza? As in the player city area that has the quest giver NPCs and the shops and such? I didn't see any no fly zones like in at Loreville or ArcCorp, and, the playable area isn't enclosed like MicroTech. Could make for some interesting gameplay such as using a ship like the Pisces or the Cutlass or the Freelancer to do a very quick pickup of players (without them having to go all the way to the spaceport). Or, when armistice zones are removed, you could quickly deploy a special forces team to take out your bounty targets.
    You can't land in the main City area as the auto landing will kick in and block you from going there. But you can land on all the other floating platforms and top of some buildings and even the moving cargo ones. I landed there with a cutlass, got out and that way you can basically get a tour of the city while walking around a huge platform.

Also supposedly there will be a shuttle tour that will take players into the clouds and watch some "space whales" but I don't know if that's just hearsay or really a plan to add later on.

At the moment there's no box missions in Orison but I'm pretty sure the idea is having like in New Babage and Arcorp where you take them from the top of buildings and go deliver them around the city. AFAIK Orison is the only area with buildings in Crusader, but it's huge, really massive.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-07-03 at 08:54 PM.

You can't land in the main City area as the auto landing will kick in and block you from going there.
    Awww.

Awww.
    Pretty sure someone will find a way to get there just like they did in the other cities, that is until CIG patches it up.

I think it'd be fun if they allowed ships to enter the plaza. Would open up a lot of interactions. Ofcourse, to prevent the area from clogging up, you basically get a 15 second warning once you reach ground level of the plaza to fly away, or else the local security forces will change course to come to you and to tractor beam your ship out of the plaza and impound it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    that actually happens though: fox urine is sprayed on (xmas) trees so that if someone steals them their house will reek for weeks and weeks when the urine thaws.

amazon sells coyote urine to keep prey animals out of your garden too, so who knows maybe apple orchards it to keep rabbits out. sales are probably booming so people can put that biological label on their stuff.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-07-04 at 12:09 PM.

I think it'd be fun if they allowed ships to enter the plaza. Would open up a lot of interactions. Ofcourse, to prevent the area from clogging up, you basically get a 15 second warning once you reach ground level of the plaza to fly away, or else the local security forces will change course to come to you and to tractor beam your ship out of the plaza and impound it.
    For sure it would be fun and VERY practical cause you'd shave off a lot of time landing directly near the Trading Building to sell your goodies but image someone going there with a big ship like a 890 Jump or a Reclaimer landing in the middle of the plaza. Ahaha I can only imagine the RP'ers going wild "but my immersion"....

Honestly that city is so beautiful I bet an Aurora that there will be A LOT of RP'ers having online weddings on those floating Skyscraper rooftops while the sun is setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    that actually happens though: fox urine is sprayed on (xmas) trees so that if someone steals them their house will reek for weeks and weeks when the urine thaws.

amazon sells coyote urine to keep prey animals out of your garden too, so who knows maybe apple orchards it to keep rabbits out. sales are probably booming so people can put that biological label on their stuff.
    Well well well, the things we learn in this thread never cease to surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    do u think nights will ever get darker? like very dark, DayZ or ARMA kind of dark. i mean, its a sim, so nights should be as realistic as possible, even if it isnt convenient, its just awesome having to use flares, flashlights or whatever source of light.
    cuz ive landed on a dark side of a planet and it looked like nights in MGS V, where everything is still clearly visible

also when can we expect 3.14 on the main server?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    do u think nights will ever get darker? like very dark, DayZ or ARMA kind of dark. i mean, its a sim, so nights should be as realistic as possible, even if it isnt convenient, its just awesome having to use flares, flashlights or whatever source of light.
    cuz ive landed on a dark side of a planet and it looked like nights in MGS V, where everything is still clearly visible

Chris said in the interview video I posted the other day that they were aiming for mid July, barring issues with the Evocati testing.

Truly dark nights would be cool but I've heard no plans for them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Chris said in the interview video I posted the other day that they were aiming for mid July, barring issues with the Evocati testing.
    Mid July which year? No actual date was given after all....

The further the planets and moons are from the sun (stanton) the darker the nights. So those will be around Microtech planet and it's moons along with ArcCorp Moons. But the thing with making nights really really dark in multiplayer games is that players can always adjust gamma, brightness and contrast to "go around" the inconvenience anyone not doing it will be at a disadvantage.

@ around minute 9 in this video:

You kind get the sense that if they weren't in a party and using flash lights they would easily get lost from each other.

With that said, if you go inside caves it will be almost pitch dark so taking a flashlight, weapon light & flares is really handy.

3.14 patch is still in Evocati, we're currently testing the Ninetails dynamic event. Basically a PVP/PVE event where you can decide to fight against or along bandits.

Instructions for the Test
    The playtest will occur on the Evocati PTU servers. Phase 1 will begin with video and instructions on what is happening and give time for players to set up.
    This dynamic event is a mix of PVE and PVP objectives. Players with a crimestat will be able to accept the mission to join the Nine-Tails (antagonists) while lawful players can join the security forces.

New patch inbound and NDA will be lift so streamers will have a blast, just watch people getting blown away with Orison and Crusader!

- - - Updated - - -

Well it released alright!

Here's Orison, the city floating in the gas giant planet Crusader:

Stanton is finally complete in terms of planetary bodies with it's 4 planets and respective moons. Bring on Pyro.

- - - Updated - - -

Also new greycat mining armour added:

Along with a complete UI revamp and new Scanning system:
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-07-08 at 06:25 PM.

New patch inbound and NDA will be lift so streamers will have a blast, just watch people getting blown away with Orison and Crusader!
    Looking forward to Morphologis' review of Orison.

Stanton is finally complete in terms of planetary bodies with it's 4 planets and respective moons. Bring on Pyro.
    Not till servers are fixed.

I guess rather than trying to fit both Stanton and Pyro into the same server, instead on the main menu screen you could pick whether to join a server that has the Stanton system on it, or a server with the Pyro system on it. You wouldn't be able to jump between systems ingame. Not sure how your player's health and ship's damage state/cargo would be handled; it might have to be like the way the PTU is handled where you effectively have two different saves: your Stanton character and your Pyro character.

Yeah Morphologis will have a field day with this update. Lot of thing to digest besides the visuals, there's a lot of changes to ships stats, combat and scanning.