Favourite 'story patch' and why?

Mine is Landfall. I absolutely loved the faction tension in the Dominance Offensive chain.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    Mine is Landfall. I absolutely loved the faction tension in the Dominance Offensive chain.
    Probably 1.8, with the entire Silithus/C'thun story, or 7.1 with Suramar. Although 5.1 wasn't bad at all - too bad that I didn't play it when it was current.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I wasn't around for 1.8, but 7.1 was absolutely magical - pun intended. Suramar is probably the best post-max zone ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    most fav? does 3.3 count? if not then 3.1 ulduar patch, the patch trailer i really love
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    most fav? does 3.3 count? if not then 3.1 ulduar patch, the patch trailer i really love
    It absolutely counts. Hall of Reflection still gives me chills (pun UNintended!)

Ulduar, or the Suramar stuff.

Tirion: Welcome champions, you have heard the call of the Argent Crusade, and you have boldly answered. It is here, in the Crusader’s Coliseum, that you will face your greatest challenges. Those of you, who survive the rigors of the coliseum will join the Argent Crusade on it’s march to Icecrown Citadel.

Tirion: Steel yourselves heroes for the twin terrors, Acidmaw and Dreadscale!
    Varian: Your beasts will be no match for my champions Tirion.
    Tirion: Hailing from the deepest/darkest caverns of the Storm Peaks, Goremoc the Impaler! Battle on Heroes!
    Garrosh: I’ve seen more worthy challenges in the Ring of Blood, you waste our time Paladin.

Tirion: The air itself freezes with the introduction of our next combatant! Icehowl! Kill or be killed Champions!
    Tirion: Tragic, they fought valiantly, but the beasts of Northrend triumpthed, let us observe a moment of silence for our fallen heroes.
    Tirion: The monstrous minsarory have been vanquished!

Tirion: Grand Warlock Wilfred Fizzlebang will summon forth your next challenge, stand by for his entry!
    Wilfred: Thank you Highlord! Now challengers! I will begin the ritual of summoning! When I am done, a fearsome Doomguard will appear!
    Wilfred: Prepare for oblivion!
    Wilfred: Ah ha! Behold the absolute power of Wilfred Fizzlebang! You are bound to ME demon!
    Jaraxxus: Trifling Gnome, your arrogance will be your undoing!
    Wilfred: But I’m in charge her...
    Jaraxxus Aggro: You face Jaraxxus, Eredar lord of the Burning Legion!
    Tirion: Quickly Heroes! Destroy the Demon Lord before it can open a portal to it’s twisted demonic realm!
    Jaraxxus: Another will take my place…your world…is doomed!
    Garrosh: Treacherous Alliance DOGS! You summon a Demon Lord against Warriors of the HORDE?! Your deaths will be swift!
    Varian: The Alliance doesn’t need the help of a Demon Lord to deal with Horde filth! Come PIG!
    Tirion: Everyone calm down, compose yourselves, there is no conspiracy at play here, the warlock acted on his own volition, outside of influences from the Alliance, the tournament must go on!
    Tirion: The loss of Wilfred Fizzlebang….while unfortunate…should be be a lesson to those of you who dare to dable in dark magic! Alas, you are victorious, and now must face the next challenge.

-----------------------------------------------------

[Alliance]
    Tirion: The next battle will be against the Argent Crusade’s most powerful knights! Only by defeating them will you be deemed worthy!
    Varian: Our honor has been besmirched, they make wild claims and false accusations against us! I demand justice! Allow my champions to fight in place of your knights Tirion! We challenge the Horde
    Tirion: Very well! I will allow it! Fight with honor!
    Garrosh: Show them no mercy Horde champions! Lok’tar Ogar!!!

[Horde]
    Tirion: The next battle will be against the Argent Crusade’s most powerful knights! Only by defeating them will you be deemed worthy!
    Garrosh: The Horde demands justice! We challenge the Alliance! Allow us to battle in place of your knights Paladin, we will show these dogs what it means to insult the Horde.
    Tirion: Very well! I will allow it! Fight with honor!
    Varian: Fight for the glory of the Alliance heroes! Honor your king and your people!

[Alliance player be killed]
    Garrosh: Weakling!
    Garrosh: Pathetic!
    Garrosh: Overpowered.
    Garrosh: Lok'tar!

[Horde player be killed]
    Varian:Hah!
    Varian:Hardly a challenge!
    Varian: Worthless scrub.
    Varian:Is this the best the Horde has to offer?

[Alliance victory]
    Varian: Glory to the Alliance!

[Horde victory]
    Garrosh: That was just a taste of what the future brings! For the Horde!

[End]
    Tirion: A shallow and tragic victory, we are weaker as a whole from the losses suffered today, who but the Lich King could benefit from such foolishness. Great Warriors have lost their lives, and for what? The true threat looms ahead, the Lich King awaits us all in death.

Tirion: Only by working together will you overcome the final challenge, from the depths of Icecrown come the Scourge’s most powerful lieutenants, fiercesome Valk’yir, winged harbingers of the Lich King!
    Twins: In the name of our Dark Master! For the Lich King! You will die!
    Twins: The Scourge cannot be stopped!
    Varian: Not even the Lich King’s most powerful minions can stand against the Alliance! All hail our victors!
    Garrosh: Do you still question the might of the Horde Paladin? We will take on all comers!
    Tirion: A mighty blow has been dealt to the Lich King, you have proven yourself as able bodied champions of the Argent Crusade! Together, we will strike against Icecrown Citadel, and destroy what remains of the Scourge! There is no challenge we cannot face united!

The Lich King yells: You will have your challenge, Fordring.
    The Lich King appears.
    Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: Arthas! You are hopelessly outnumbered! Lay down Frostmourne and I will grant you a just death.
    The Lich King laughs.
    The Lich King yells: The Nerubians built an empire beneath the frozen wastes of Northrend. An empire that you so foolishly built your structures upon. MY EMPIRE.
    The Lich King yells: The souls of your fallen champions will be mine, Fordring.
    The Lich King destroys the floor of the arena, causing the players to fall down into the Icy Depths.
    Anub'arak yells: Ahhh... Our guests arrived, just as the master promised.

7+ Year Old Account

Setting up the stage for a Horde Revolution was neato
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I liked the 4.2 Hyjal/Molten Front story. Druids, particularly Hamuul, were center stage.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Never in the story of WoW there was a villain that could destroy reality. This is the epitome of evil. The Lich King was a mere pawn of his greatness.

5.4. Awesome climax, invading a city I had an investment in, and featuring a lot of characters I had an investment in. Amazing music and fantastic final battle.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Never in the story of WoW there was a villain that could destroy reality. This is the epitome of evil. The Lich King was a mere pawn of his greatness.
    Yea I wonder what will Danuser boss fight drop in the future

For me personally it's Landfall in MoP

Would go with probably unpopular opinion 9.1

Just becouse it will be interresting to see where it goes with Sylvanas having her soul back and Zovaal being a character that actually feels like a threat.

And i actually hope that even if we manage to stop hes plan we dont manage to defeat him this expansion and he comes back in a future expansion with new plans, so he takes on the roll that Sargeras had, as in we know he is out there but dont know what he is planing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    the S-tier: 3.3, 5.1, 7.1, 9.1, 7.3
    the A-tier: 3.1, 8.2, 9.0, 7.0
    the B-tier: 5.4, 5.0, 7.0, 3.0, 4.0
    These are the ones that I view as like all extremely good story patches. The only ones I would categorize as actively bad story patches are 6.0, 6.2, 4.3, 2.4, and 8.3. Everything not listed is totally fine or average (yes, 8.0 is fine because of alliance questing+jaina-horde is bad). i really hate to point it out, but aside from cata launch and azshara, notice how none of the "b team" expansions are present. the b-team rumor really screws story handling. like, SL is controversial, but it has long, meaty cinematics. bfa not only had short raid cinematic (azshara was 90 seconds, nzoth 30, and bod 2 mins), whereas SL launch had a ton, and bfa's only real gritty cinematic was saurfang cgi (well-deserved for him btw).

ANYWAYS, odd numbered expacs have better and more engaging plot oops.
    Strangely enough I adore 8.0 on the Horde side. Zandalar is just wonderful. Honestly I feel like I played that xpac as a tour of Kul Tiras and Zandalar and every time WOONS or Sylvanas talked I blocked my ears and said ‘lalalalalala not listening’. 10/10