I wish alts could share a house with the main character and being able to mail things to each other would be nice too. I wanted so much to have a shared garrison in WoW, I hated that each alt had to manage their own.

It's basically guaranteed I'm going to have alts because I like playing different races (and redoing content doesn't bother me at all). Fantasias just won't work. I've never raced changed in WoW either except one time I faction swapped and ended up regretting it later because I wished I'd kept the original character.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    That said, i did not know fantasia did not give a rename. I had a free fantasia from something and I decided I did not want to be a catgirl anymore (never made a personal connection with the character), i switched to male Au Ra and am much happier.

Still contemplating becoming a potato at some point......
    Haha, and a new Fantasia-holic is born.

I started during ARR and still have my free one lying around somewhere... have to ask my Retainer.

the good thing about them potatos is that the goofy looking head nods and expressions the player character does in all the cut scenes look like they where made with them in mind.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    the good thing about them potatos is that the goofy looking head nods and expressions the player character does in all the cut scenes look like they where made with them in mind.
    the contrary can also be entertaining: I use the resting bitch face on my Aura, and the character looks annoyed all the time. And every cutscene she smiles and is cheery, which combined with the face leads to some hilarious moments (i laughed so hard doing the Namazu Questline - the "funny" quests compared with a really dark overarching arc just fit perfectly with my character)

10+ Year Old Account
    If I ever went potato, I'd want the voice of Yuyuhase.

My favorite is the raised eyebrow side-eye that happens occasionally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

I started during ARR and still have my free one lying around somewhere... have to ask my Retainer.
    I recently started a new character because my server became preferred status, and aside from the sick EXP I have three fantasia to hold on to for rainy days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Hey hey, you don't know me.... *pushes 6pack of Fantasia Beer behind my monitor*.

Right now im a male Au Ra...and has my friends and I have said, despite me lowering the height slider during creation "im tall as fuck BOY"

Right now i am finishing up my bard in bozja and making furniture like an Amish person. I still cant get over how you can be entirely self-sufficient if you just level different trade/field jobs. It is so nice making something yourself, over trying to by on the market board. Also some things that take like 2000-5000 gil investment sell for 30-50k gil on my server...
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Well, I went ahead and used my Fantasia I had on my main, and changed the look on her.

Her old self:
    https://imgur.com/Afx2DW8

Her new self:

I saved her old appearance in case I want to go back. Which is a real possibility, but... I don't want to get addicted to Fantasia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    the contrary can also be entertaining: I use the resting bitch face on my Aura, and the character looks annoyed all the time. And every cutscene she smiles and is cheery, which combined with the face leads to some hilarious moments (i laughed so hard doing the Namazu Questline - the "funny" quests compared with a really dark overarching arc just fit perfectly with my character)
    Not sure if we are talking about the same one, but this is how mine looks with every non-cutscene NPC interaction and it amuses me to no end. Change pose is just the best thing ever for finally giving me that "this better be worth my while" effect with my character. I had 100% planned to make a Miqo'te as my main, but I just love my Au Ra so much.

"We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

15+ Year Old Account
    Yoshi P does play a lala so you may be on to something there...

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thats my character so far, got a sweet spot for elves, gear is garbo cause im still leveling.

Now the question is what is best way to get those MGP for that car mount?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Do your Gold Saucer weekly challenge log. If you want to farm more MGP after that, then just window FFXIV and AFK in the Gold Saucer and do the FATEs that happen every 20 minutes. You can alt tab out while you wait and browse the web or watch youtube or something. Also, IIRC every 2 hours there is the Triple Triad tournament which lasts for half an hour, and you can do a tournament in about 10 minutes, so you can do it 3 times every 2 two hours.

I do not recommend spamming the mining or tree logging minigame as you will go insane from that.

well im triple legend now and my statics probably gonna be takin breaks until endwalker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Not sure if we are talking about the same one, but this is how mine looks with every non-cutscene NPC interaction and it amuses me to no end. Change pose is just the best thing ever for finally giving me that "this better be worth my while" effect with my character. I had 100% planned to make a Miqo'te as my main, but I just love my Au Ra so much.
    Yeah, that's also a great face, and it would have been my alternative, but i did go for this one:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Yoshi P does play a lala so you may be on to something there...
    His private character is actually an au ra.

Every Friday on reddit, someone posts the fashion report. Using this guide can net you a good sum and was the way I gathered the MGP on the original event.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
    Every Friday on reddit, someone posts the fashion report. Using this guide can net you a good sum and was the way I gathered the MGP on the original event.
    Considering you have any transmogs cause i dont have anything yet.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Fashion report is typically pretty easy, and there are typically guides on reddit about the cheapest combo of clothes to get. That is how i got the car when the original event happened and i still have a large sum of mgp saved.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

You don't need transmogs. They list the easiest way to get the minimum reward and then the way to get the max. Shoot for the 60 rating, should only cost a small amount of gil.

15+ Year Old Account
    So in the letter from the producer live, they just stated that they're trying to secure $60 million of additional server infrastructure because the game's player base is growing faster than they can keep up.

I'm not deep in the whole FFXIV vs WoW thing, but all of the people who continue to deny that WoW is deflating like a flat tire and FFXIV is blowing up (in a good way) aren't just closing their eyes, they have their heads in the sand.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"