Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    WoTLK had lot better class balance, and class balance is 75% of enjoyment from the game for many players. When your favorite class / spec combo is bad, inferior or unwanted in content or all of the above, nothing can pretty much save the game for you. People should realize that, cause Blizzard did back then and make the needful changes in WoTLK to address the biggest issue. Hence why this expansion is so liked.
    That's debatable.

I for one, prefer that Hybrids actually have some unique aspect to them and aren't just a inferior version of their pure counterparts.

As someone that has mained Elemental for over a decade on Retail, it just felt like i've been playing an inferior version of mage spec since Wotlk and onwards precisely because Wotlk removed the support aspect of those hybrids.
    There was just hardly any tangible value to it because Mages generally did more dps and had more tools to cheese mechanics.

Like it or not, but besides Rogues and Warrs, every class has unquestionable value for the raid in TBC and even Rogue and Warrior will certainly pick up once we're moving into T6 and they get better gear.

In Wotlk, especially in 25man, if a spec doesn't pull solid dps or has some broken ass spell (such as immunities), you're better off rerolling to some superior alternative.
    I do like TBC more than Vanilla, but I'm getting tired of "lf CC dps", "lf 5 Warlocks for Mag" and especially stomach churning list of 58 Mage bots in ZF, Slave Pens and Maraudon when checking /who lists.
    You don't need 5 Locks for Mag, you can even resort to Pallies using Turn Evil to CC those Infernals.

And those 58 Mage bots have literally nothing to do with class design but the fact they will continue to exist as long as they remain lucrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That's debatable.

I for one, prefer that Hybrids actually have some unique aspect to them and aren't just a inferior version of their pure counterparts.

As someone that has mained Elemental for over a decade on Retail, it just felt like i've been playing an inferior version of mage spec since Wotlk and onwards precisely because Wotlk removed the support aspect of those hybrids.
    There was just hardly any tangible value to it because Mages generally did more dps and had more tools to cheese mechanics.

Like it or not, but besides Rogues and Warrs, every class has unquestionable value for the raid in TBC and even Rogue and Warrior will certainly pick up once we're moving into T6 and they get better gear.

In Wotlk, especially in 25man, if a spec doesn't pull solid dps or has some broken ass spell (such as immunities), you're better off rerolling to some superior alternative.

You don't need 5 Locks for Mag, you can even resort to Pallies using Turn Evil to CC those Infernals.

And those 58 Mage bots have literally nothing to do with class design but the fact they will continue to exist as long as they remain lucrative.
    Well, maybe, but go explain that to speedrunners, elitists and M+ boys running raiding guilds today.

I yet consider myself super lucky, since our small guild accepts everyone and I managed to almost fully gear my Ret in epics and get 2 T4 tokens plus Gorehowl from Prince. But others aren't as lucky as I am, people suffer and many non-casters or non-hunters have just stopped playing or quit the game for good.

Well, maybe, but go explain that to speedrunners, elitists and M+ boys running raiding guilds today.
    You mean...those people that want to have almost every class / spec present to cover every support tool?
    This isn't Classic where you can have 25 Fury Warrior and still cover every useful (de)buff.
    But others aren't as lucky as I am, people suffer and many non-casters or non-hunters have just stopped playing or quit the game for good.
    Again, besides Fury Warrs and Rogues, pretty much every class / spec are useful via some unique support (de)buff.
    And i reiterate, those two will pick up by the time BT rolls around because the current fights are shit for Melee and they scale extremely well with gear.

Ret => 3% Crit, Sanctity Aura (useful for Prot + 2% damage for the entire pary) + Blessing (you need 3 Pallies to cover every Blessing)
    Enhance => Arguably one of the most sought after specs in TBC, no need to list everything they bring
    Arms => 4% Physical dps + Battle shout
    Feral => 5% Melee Crit, 30% Bleed debuff, another Battle rez, Innervate and solid offtank

All of them are extremely useful and the only guildleaders that turn away those specs are either full on those or complete fools.

The only people that are pissed off at this are the ones that seethe over not being #1 on the dps charts, but those specs pretty are extremely valueable to any raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Actually no, it's rather the "start of decay", when the bad aspect of modern WoW design began to ruin the game :

- Mass AoE spam making dungeon and class gameplay boring.
    - Near-removal of ressource management removing all planning from fights.
    - Dumbing down of tanking making it just a front-of-the-mob DPS class instead of having to actually work for threat.
    - Faceroll 5-man being loot distributor without being interesting content due to how pathetically easy they are.
    - Lobby-based design with automated grouping and game content being selected through a menu.
    And above all the two interlocked worst features :
    - Massive stat inflation completely breaking the balance of the game.
    - Nothing but the latest raid tier is relevant, so the entire "current" content is just a few room and there is no progression anymore as everyone is automatically lifted to the latest release.

WotLK has all the bad design that made modern WoW shit, it's just an undeserved hype due to, ironically, making so many people leave and replacing them with Wrath babies.
    Sadly this started already in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Sadly this started already in TBC.
    The only thing that started in TBC is the excessive catch-up mechanics through arena seasons and non-tiered badges. Both were initially fixed in WotLK, before they fucked up with progression and reinstated the badge gear with a vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The only thing that started in TBC is the excessive catch-up mechanics through arena seasons and non-tiered badges. Both were initially fixed in WotLK, before they fucked up with progression and reinstated the badge gear with a vengeance.
    doing all dungeons as speed runs aoe fests with little to no though started there 2.

doing all dungeons as speed runs aoe fests with little to no though started there 2.
    Yeah, no. Even comparing both is ridiculous.

That's kinda difficult when 2/3 of tanks are unable to effectively AoE tank and only a select few specs are actually capable of AoE dps.
    If you want to argue "well, it's possible", then that already existed in Classic as well because there you could do it, too.

In TBC, this strat requires a specific comp, in Wotlk, virtually any comp that has a tank, healer and 3 dps is capable of doing it.
    To me, this a world of difference, because one has pretty stringent requirements to pull off, whereas in Wotlk it's basically the MO of the game.

That's kinda difficult when 2/3 of tanks are unable to effectively AoE tank and only a select few specs are actually capable of AoE dps.
    If you want to argue "well, it's possible", then that already existed in Classic as well because there you could do it, too.

In TBC, this strat requires a specific comp, in Wotlk, virtually any comp that has a tank, healer and 3 dps is capable of doing it.
    To me, this a world of difference, because one has pretty stringent requirements to pull off, whereas in Wotlk it's basically the MO of the game.
    The tank does not need to tank the mobs that are being kited, the tank only needs to tank that doesent get slowed/ kited and so all tanks can join in....

I done it as a druid and i seen paladins tank it too, sadly the warrior tanks seems to have become a extinct race but i fairly sure they can do it 2.

The tank does not need to tank the mobs that are being kited, the tank only needs to tank that doesent get slowed/ kited and so all tanks can join in....

I done it as a druid and i seen paladins tank it too, sadly the warrior tanks seems to have become a extinct race but i fairly sure they can do it 2.
    Okay, that requires
    (1) Packs without a significant amount of ranged mobs
    (2) an AoE slow (which only 3-4 classes can provide, with varying effectiveness)
    (3) a Tank actually capable of kiting

Meanwhile in Wotlk, you need none of those things, because a Tank holds AoE threat anyway, you don't need to kite because mobs don't as hard and the skill cap on the tank is significantly lower because all the tank has to do is to spam their AoE threat button.

The strat that you describe was also possible in Classic by the way, this is nothing specific about TBC.
    Heck, it was even easier in Classic because AoE was uncapped.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Notice how the undying and immortal achievements exist only for naxx 2.0. Because they knew it was hilariously easy. Those achievements never existed for a raid before or after naxx 2.0. You ever wonder why? Because no raid has ever been the that easy. You could legit go the entire raid without a single death in the entire raid. What other raid can you say that about?
    Tribute to Immortality: "Am I a joke to you?"

Okay, that requires
    (1) Packs without a significant amount of ranged mobs
    (2) an AoE slow (which only 3-4 classes can provide, with varying effectiveness)
    (3) a Tank actually capable of kiting

Meanwhile in Wotlk, you need none of those things, because a Tank holds AoE threat anyway, you don't need to kite because mobs don't as hard and the skill cap on the tank is significantly lower because all the tank has to do is to spam their AoE threat button.

The strat that you describe was also possible in Classic by the way, this is nothing specific about TBC.
    Heck, it was even easier in Classic because AoE was uncapped.
    In classic classes where alot more limited so only mages could do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying tbc as much as I enjoyed vanilla, and as much as I'll enjoy wotlk
    I wish they would merge all classic era servers though, the way they handled classic era is fairly lame so far

people love to forget that only the first half of wrath was good, after ulduar we were greeted with the lfg tool

enjoy your classic lfg

In classic classes where alot more limited so only mages could do it.
    The only class gaining an AoE spell in TBC were Warlocks, which could already AoE.

While Seed is naturally more effective than Rain of Fire / Hellfire, Warlocks were already the only non Mage class present in Spellcleave, especially as Locks often used Eye of Kilrogg to gather up a bunch of mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Wrath doesn't really interest me without massive changes like removing lfg, retuning all the dungeons and raids and so on.

The only thing I would like to experience again would be ulduar. Everything else was either boring the first time and so badly undertuned it wouldn't be worth playing today (dungeons, nax, trial) or out for so long that I never want to see it again (ICC)
    LFG didn't exist in Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    people love to forget that only the first half of wrath was good, after ulduar we were greeted with the lfg tool

enjoy your classic lfg
    Again, LFG didn't exist in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    LFG didn't exist in Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, LFG didn't exist in Wrath.
    Yeah, it was added in 3.3 for dungeons. And one of the reasons I'm not looking forward to WoTLK.

Server community in Classic Vanilla/TBC are really some of the heart of what I like about the game. I don't like wondering around a game where even though other players exist you probably won't ever see them again.

Nop. Wrath was the beginning of the decline in my opinion.

Lets face reality, what you personally believe is irrelevant. Wotlk will be the most hyped classic release of any expansion they plan to re-release.
    And it will be most popular one.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I do wonder if the nostalgia tour ends with Wrath.

If not, then when?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Lets face reality, what you personally believe is irrelevant. Wotlk will be the most hyped classic release of any expansion they plan to re-release.
    And it will be most popular one.
    Concur one million percent