Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    It is good for the game, objectively.
    The game having more funds means more development.

But players might not feel like its good for them.
    I am unsure why that would be the case though, as the mount is literally free if you buy the 6th month sub, which is cheaper anyway.
    Do you not plan on playing the game?

If not, why are you worried about mounts?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The entitlement is very strong here.
    And again: if you believe "life is unfair" is good for a video game, why do you even play a video game? Play "life" since that's already a good game for you according to your own opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    It is good for the game, objectively.
    The game having more funds means more development.

But players might not feel like its good for them.
    I am unsure why that would be the case though, as the mount is literally free if you buy the 6th month sub, which is cheaper anyway.
    Do you not plan on playing the game?

If not, why are you worried about mounts?
    No. Microtransactions may create a pile of money for the devs but it's objectively bad for the game: it does not aim to increase subs - i.e. bring new players that actually like good games - but it targets the milking of children and people with sunk-cost fallacies so its real goal isn't a good game for the general public but a good game for those already entrapped into the scheme.

You can tell this is clearly what is happening when the game has like 1/20th of the players of WotLK and the devs proclaim they are happy with their profits: they don't give a shit if the game is better but if it brings profits: if they truly cared about the subs number and not the pile of money at the end of the quarter the game would be way better.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    And again: if you believe "life is unfair" is good for a video game, why do you even play a video game? Play "life" since that's already a good game for you according to your own opinion.
    I play a video game for fun. You want everything handed to you. Things aren't always going to be fair. Deal with it. The entitlement here is strong.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Microtransactions may create a pile of money for the devs but it's objectively bad for the game: it does not aim to increase subs - i.e. bring new players that actually like good games - but it targets the milking of children and people with sunk-cost fallacies so its real goal isn't a good game for the general public but a good game for those already entrapped into the scheme.

You can tell this is clearly what is happening when the game has like 1/20th of the players of WotLK and the devs proclaim they are happy with their profits: they don't give a shit if the game is better but if it brings profits: if they truly cared about the subs number and not the pile of money at the end of the quarter the game would be way better.
    Your opinion is not fact, so let's stop the "objectively bad" nonsense. In fact, all you are doing hers is projecting your opinion as fact. Some people think WoW is a good game. It is ALL subjective.

And pointing to sub numbers and call it proof of yoru "argument is disingenuous. People leave for all kinds of reasons, not just the one that is a part of your narrative. Therefore, you have no argument and this thread is pointless. And since you are clearly trying to bait people into flaming you, this ends here.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-07-08 at 08:12 PM.

And again: You just like to hear yourself talk because you've, yet again, created a nonsensical thread complaining about a nonissue.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I play a video game for fun. You want everything handed to you. Things aren't always going to be fair. Deal with it. The entitlement here is strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Your opinion is not fact, so let's stop the "objectively bad" nonsense. In fact, all you are doing hers is projecting your opinion as fact. Some people think WoW is a good game. It is ALL subjective.

And pointing to sub numbers and call it proof of yoru "argument is disingenuous. People leave for all kinds of reasons, not just the one that is a part of your narrative. Therefore, you have no argument and this thread is pointless. And since you are clearly trying to bait people into flaming you, this ends here.
    Your post is the epitome of Hypocrisy. You blame people for entitlement and then openly proclaim that you love games being unfair and you love that you having more money is perfectly fine and it's perfectly fine that the game is tainted that way with mommy's money.

This is why people that actually care about skill-based games are gone and that is why the game has 1/20th of the subs of WotLK and that is why most people still in the game are entrapped into a sunk-cost fallacy.

Its /mountspecial is cool, but I'll never see it again without a macro as soon as I unlock flying. I don't tend to use flying mounts in no fly content.

Personally, I think PvPers get the coolest mounts by a large margin. I'd gladly trade.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Best is VERY subjective.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Google how its special looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Check its special.
    Google what subjective means.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You should probably go ahead and google what objectively means as well.

What does the forum think of this? Do they think it's good for the game?
    dont think its the best mount tbh

Google how its special looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Check its special.
    It's still not the best mount from the patch lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread didn't start out great and seems to have derailed itself in the interim. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead