Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Tbh the core idea is not terrible, but the execution 100% is... as has often been the case with Blizz over the past 13 or so years since wotlk ended.

If they had the heroes retrieve it previously and used the fusion to end the bossfight her turn would be much more organic tbh. As is the people who don't read the extended media see it as a contrived asspull, which it kind of still is, but yeah. They're just trying to dig themselves out of a hole they made by a crapton of retcons and bad writing.
    Never, in the entirety of the game, did i feel Sylvanas had compassion or emotion. Seeing her now developing it, without her soul even being complete, is just out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Tbh the core idea is not terrible, but the execution 100% is... as has often been the case with Blizz over the past 13 or so years since wotlk ended.

If they had the heroes retrieve it previously and used the fusion to end the bossfight her turn would be much more organic tbh. As is the people who don't read the extended media see it as a contrived asspull, which it kind of still is, but yeah. They're just trying to dig themselves out of a hole they made by a crapton of retcons and bad writing.
    I as people who cannot write I imagine that at least it had to be something like.

Sylvanas "You said that when you had the power you would end the deaths and we could all be free"
    Jailer "Menti".

Or something like that so that we know at once what his complete plan is supposed to be. Not only are you loose without connection.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Never, in the entirety of the game, did i feel Sylvanas had compassion or emotion. Seeing her now developing it, without her soul even being complete, is just out of character.
    The best thing is that in all SW Sylvana you show a lot of "good" emotions and still did not have a soul.

while getting her soul back is cool, i still like the old slyvanas leading up into legion. If blizzard can give her the ability to remove and reattached part of the soul at will, that she received from the jailer then i would forgive the bad writing temporarily...

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Hence, why her change of heart feels a bit forced.
    Back then it seemed like Blizzard deliberately sought to front-load her villainy to make sure it couldn't be mistaken for pragmatism. As if she burns down Teldrassil on a whim because the night elf challenged her by saying she couldn't kill hope. When you take a character this far, you literally put them past redemption. It's part hubris, it's like they're taunting the audience to say 'watch us redeem her, yes, even her'. But it's also part proselytizing, the authors seek to get one over on the audience, trying to make them feel bad about their preconceptions and premature judgement.

The first part, hubris, I can forgive that. It's shoddy writing, it's cheap, but yeah that's too bad.

The second part, however, that's manipulation and gaslighting. Fiction tries to pull this a lot these days, there's a certain contempt for the audience that comes with creating these contrived scenarios in an attempt to make the audience feel bad for being conceited. I know this sounds dramatic, it's all just fiction and silly, but the intention behind it is abusive and mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    so here we are mate
    almost 2 days later even, and its 4k likes against 10k dislikes.
    seems like its not just the "hAtErS", people actually just dont like it huh
    Bet you feel good...but since you didn't see my follow up, here ya go. Yep, the unlisted cinematic that only people on mmo-c and a few other hater ridden places looks like this. Check the LISTED public versions on youtube.

athelarius 4.6/782 like to dislike ratio

leysttv 2.7k/940

noone182 469/37

Theres others but i'm not gonna list them all. Seems to me that the COMPLETELY public opinion....while obviously not great, is far more favorable. But go off.
    Again though, as i said in the last post...i don't understand leaving it unlisted where only places like this will see it and only get more confident that their view is everyone's. WoW fans remind me of wrestling fans.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    Bet you feel good...but since you didn't see my follow up, here ya go. Yep, the unlisted cinematic that only people on mmo-c and a few other hater ridden places looks like this. Check the LISTED public versions on youtube.

athelarius 4.6/782 like to dislike ratio

leysttv 2.7k/940

noone182 469/37

Theres others but i'm not gonna list them all. Seems to me that the COMPLETELY public opinion....while obviously not great, is far more favorable. But go off.
    Again though, as i said in the last post...i don't understand leaving it unlisted where only places like this will see it and only get more confident that their view is everyone's. WoW fans remind me of wrestling fans.
    This is a very weak argument. Those videos you listed don't have a negative like-dislike ratio because they were not published by Blizzard, but by fans. Why would they dislike it? It's not Athelarius who wrote that cinematic, so he doesn't deserve the dislikes.

If you look at the actual comments under those videos, all the top ones are either making fun of the writing or downright criticizing it.

I feel like they want you to believe Anduin just had that much effect on her. While it's somewhat true she's always had a soft spot for the little lion...i just can't see her unravelling everything for him just because he pointed out the similarities between the jailer and Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This is a very weak argument. Those videos you listed don't have a negative like-dislike ratio because they were not published by Blizzard, but by fans. Why would they dislike it? It's not Athelarius who wrote that cinematic, so he doesn't deserve the dislikes.
    True, but you like or dislike based on whether you like or dislike the VIDEO, not the creator. In my OPINION, it just shows the casual opinion is different than the more hardcore fans that would frequent an mmo-champ. Either way, all the views so far put together is 1% of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Back then it seemed like Blizzard deliberately sought to front-load her villainy to make sure it couldn't be mistaken for pragmatism. As if she burns down Teldrassil on a whim because the night elf challenged her by saying she couldn't kill hope. When you take a character this far, you literally put them past redemption. It's part hubris, it's like they're taunting the audience to say 'watch us redeem her, yes, even her'. But it's also part proselytizing, the authors seek to get one over on the audience, trying to make them feel bad about their preconceptions and premature judgement.

The first part, hubris, I can forgive that. It's shoddy writing, it's cheap, but yeah that's too bad.

The second part, however, that's manipulation and gaslighting. Fiction tries to pull this a lot these days, there's a certain contempt for the audience that comes with creating these contrived scenarios in an attempt to make the audience feel bad for being conceited. I know this sounds dramatic, it's all just fiction and silly, but the intention behind it is abusive and mean.
    Yet, i never felt that the burning of Teldrassil was out of character for her. Being a Warchief? yes. But evil? no...

I feel like they want you to believe Anduin just had that much effect on her. While it's somewhat true she's always had a soft spot for the little lion...i just can't see her unravelling everything for him just because he pointed out the similarities between the jailer and Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

True, but you like or dislike based on whether you like or dislike the VIDEO, not the creator. In my OPINION, it just shows the casual opinion is different than the more hardcore fans that would frequent an mmo-champ. Either way, all the views so far put together is 1% of the playerbase.
    Of course no one is saying that that video is indicative of the general consensus in the entire community, but even MMO-Champion represents only 0.5% of the entire community. But when a Youtube video gets a negative like-dislike ratio, it doesn't matter how many people enjoyed the video and remained silent, Blizzard should ask themselves a couple of questions. Like-dislikes ratio exist for a reason; if it's a negative one, maybe they messed up somewhere in the writing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    The second part, however, that's manipulation and gaslighting. Fiction tries to pull this a lot these days, there's a certain contempt for the audience that comes with creating these contrived scenarios in an attempt to make the audience feel bad for being conceited.
    Indeed. It's the literary equivalent of punching your opponent below the waist in a boxing contest. In the case of writing, it is a crutch that hack writers use when their characters cannot elicit any response from the audience on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Of course no one is saying that that video is indicative of the general consensus in the entire community, but even MMO-Champion represents only 0.5% of the entire community. But when a Youtube video gets a negative like-dislike ratio, it doesn't matter how many people enjoyed the video and remained silent, Blizzard should ask themselves a couple of questions. Like-dislikes ratio exist for a reason; if it's a negative one, maybe they messed up somewhere in the writing.
    That's the thing though man you're missing from the early thread, that's exactly what was being said. That it WAS indicative of the general consensus....that's been the whole debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    He's going to "unmake reality" or whatever stupid shit. You know what that reminds me of? FF14... OH SHIT, THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING!

Zovaal is going to "unmake reality" and it's going to lead us to the launch of a new WoW MMO... right? Right?
    He's going to shrink reality so it will easily fit on mobile phones!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

That's the thing though man you're missing from the early thread, that's exactly what was being said. That it WAS indicative of the general consensus....that's been the whole debate.
    and that remains so. countless people have already told you why. and provided proof.
    you can deny or try to argue with the facts as long as you want, it doesnt change them.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

and that remains so. countless people have already told you why. and provided proof.
    you can deny or try to argue with the facts as long as you want, it doesnt change them.

And yet, I added more facts that you conveniently ignored because they don't support your views. Typical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What, you don't have a phone?

7+ Year Old Account
    I pretty sure the devs are in their echo chambers and twitter, thinking the story was a success and everyone like it, so they don't care much about the dislikes in the video.

Which is still awesome btw, double dislikes is a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Do you not have mobile phones?!

������

And yet, I added more facts that you conveniently ignored because they don't support your views. Typical.

- - - Updated - - -

What, you don't have a phone?
    you havent added anything that disproves what everyone here told you before. and your "new facts" halso already been adressed.
    ofc videos from less popular channels wont get disliked into oblivion. a) because less people see them, and the ones who do are hardcore wow fanboys who watch those smaller channels b) bc they dont want to give that private content creator a dislike for blizz's bullshit

fact remains, on the official blizz video, the one with the largest and most diverse audience, the majority of people hate it. and even on the smaller channels videos, all of the top comments are negative.

but you are conveniently ignoring/denying these facts (and conveniently forget your own statement about it needing "time"), just bc you cant admit that you were wrong, plain and simple. which is kinda funny in its own way.
    case closed

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

you havent added anything that disproves what everyone here told you before. and your "new facts" halso already been adressed.
    ofc videos from less popular channels wont get disliked into oblivion. a) because less people see them, and the ones who do are hardcore wow fanboys who watch those smaller channels b) bc they dont want to give that private content creator a dislike for blizz's bullshit

fact remains, on the official blizz video, the one with the largest and most diverse audience, the majority of people hate it. and even on the smaller channels videos, all of the top comments are negative.

but you are conveniently ignoring/denying these facts (and conveniently forget your own statement about it needing "time"), just bc you cant admit that you were wrong, plain and simple. which is kinda funny in its own way.
    case closed
    Case not closed. You wanted to use 4k as enough of a sample size to speak for 10 million, but these smaller channels don't count because they don't get enough views? Those three videos i listed account for over 700k views buddy. Then, you wanna throw the term 'hardcore wow fanboys' for those channels but when I point out that places like this are where the hater community gathers to b*tch it's not a factor. You are no longer worth my time. Keep right on thinking you're right, and everyone believes as you do in your bubble.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-09 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Case not closed. You wanted to use 4k as enough of a sample size to speak for 10 million, but these smaller channels don't count because they don't get enough views? Those three videos i listed account for over 700k views buddy. Then, you wanna throw the term 'hardcore wow fanboys' for those channels but when I point out that places like this are where the hater community gathers to b*tch it's not a factor. You are no longer worth my time. Keep right on thinking you're right, and everyone believes as you do in your bubble.
    as i said, youre hella mad bc you were proven wrong (and its not just "my bubble, just look through the last few pages my dude lawl), and it really shows.
    and the hardcore fanboys are the ones who dont gather up to hate in a video. theyre the ones who'll praise anything blizz does until their death (just like you are doing rn btw). AND they are the ones who watch unofficial wow fan channels. casual players usually only watch the official blizz vid stuff, and not fan channels. thats why they are casuals.
    case closed, shut down and buried

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-09 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Who cares about likes and dislikes? We don't need those to know the cinematic was liquid shit.

For anyone defending it, here's a great article detailing just about everything wrong with Sylvanas' story. Couldn't have said it better myself.

https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-war...ayers-hate-it/

Some quotes:
    [...]
    You can watch the cutscene above to see why players are so upset. But the gist of it is that Sylvanas just spent the last three years doing unspeakably evil things because she believed you had to crack a few eggs to make an omelette, but then loses all of that conviction at the last possible second for no real reason. The Jailer, the enigmatic archvillain of Shadowlands then foolishly refuses to finish off the only people who can actually stop him even though he has them at his mercy. And even though Sylvanas just shot an arrow at his head, he decides to give her soul back before disappearing through a portal to an unknown location that probably will remain a mystery until the next major update.
    [...]
    During Shadowland's main campaign, Sylvanas and The Jailer capture the other big heroes from Azeroth and try to enslave them to do their bidding. Only one attempt is ultimately successful, and the human king Anduin is turned into a mindless thrall that The Jailer uses to start collecting what basically amounts to Marvel's Infinity Stones. During a cutscene where Sylvanas and Anduin talk about her plans, it's clear she feels a little bad about enslaving Anduin against his will. After all, back in Warcraft 3 the Lich King killed and enslaved Sylvanas and turned her into the undead Banshee she is now. Fun fact about that, by the way, it turns out that The Jailer is the one who created the artifacts that corrupted the Lich King in the first place—the same artifacts he then used to kill Sylvanas. She also knows this and doesn't seem troubled by it, for some inexplicable reason.

At the same time, it feels a little weird that all of a sudden she's starting to develop a conscience. Like, you committed genocide and started a continent-spanning war that nearly killed the planet but making pretty-boy Anduin do your chores is what's giving you second thoughts? You can start to see why players were growing anxious over where the story was heading. Was Blizzard going to try and redeem Sylvanas and have her switch sides at a crucial moment? Of course they were.
    [...]
    This is where some of Blizzard's worst writing all comes together in a rapid-fire combo. The Jailer, just short of total victory, can't resist gloating and rambling about how he's going to remake all of reality to serve him. Sylvanas looks at Anduin and has her predictable change of heart—but of course after the Jailer has already turned into an all-powerful god. She evidently realizes that maybe genocide and helping Satan weren't such a hot idea, so she knocks a flimsy arrow and shoots it at the Jailer's head and says "I will never serve."

Except that's exactly what she's been doing. This entire time. Is she really that stupid?
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-07-09 at 10:59 AM.