Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    they released a clip

5+ Year Old Account
    Black widow was black widow, red guardian was my favorite, wonder if we'll see more of Yelena, Taskmaster felt generic villain, didn't do character any favors not to speak..even ultron spoke..unclear if fat general served Russia or himself, seems only himself. Ending felt like captain america winter soldierish, enjoyed movie unsure how many times i'll see movie again. General ross was pointless. Unsure if anyone except Nat or Red had any supersoldier serum. Lots of widows on the loose now, taskmaster seems to be mostly robot, a cyborg.

Didn't have time to wait until end credits were over to see if there was extra scene, don't see why there would be...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-07 at 06:49 PM.

So, is the Taskmaster the MCU’s first trans character? Was his daughter resurrected by Frankensteining her head onto a male guard’s corpse? Because that body definitely wasn’t female.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed it. Solid action movie with a bit of spy elements which we haven't seen from BW in a while. The humour was also quite good.

It was interesting though watching that movie after Falcon and the Winter Soldier because there were definitely hints in that movie that alluded to plot points in the tv show (Red Guardian fighting Captain America in the 1980's for example which everyone said was rubbish but in FatWS we learn that could've definitely happened - he just didn't fight Steve Rogers) and then Valentina de Fontaine showing up again which should have been her first appearance but was actually her second. But hey at least the movie came out before the Hawkeye tv series, cause that would've made no sense if it had arrived after

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    So, is the Taskmaster the MCU’s first trans character? Was his daughter resurrected by Frankensteining her head onto a male guard’s corpse? Because that body definitely wasn’t female.
    I don't think so? I mean that's kinda not how that works. also could've quite easily been a female body inside the suit; the suit is probably designed that way so that nobody really knows who is inside

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    it was a robot body, built for strength, so makes sense it looked more male. I don't think robots classify as trans

saw the hd rip is on the pirating streaming sites already, did this release on disney+ and not just cinemas or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    saw the hd rip is on the pirating streaming sites already, did this release on disney+ and not just cinemas or something?
    Release on Disney+ today for premium members. And yeah premium access is something for People to see movies that was supposed to be at cinemas.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Just saw it. Eh, it wasn't bad. Didn't really set my world on fire though. Just average.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just saw it. Eh, it wasn't bad. Didn't really set my world on fire though. Just average.
    Pretty much my opinion too.

It isn't bad, but it felt a lot like the Phase 2 movies to me. And it felt like there was a lot of unnecessary scenes that could have been trimmed down and other scenes expanded.

This definitely should have been the movie that they trialed for Premier Access instead of the Live Action Mulan remake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Didn't have time to wait until end credits were over to see if there was extra scene, don't see why there would be...
    It is an MCU movie and outside of one I can name, pretty much all MCU movies have an after credits scene?

And it has one.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I quite enjoyed it, I watched all MCU movies again during lock down and this felt a good ending to Black Widows story a high 7/10, nothing amazing and not enough to warrant a Disney+ membership, but for cheaper methods worth a watch.

After watching the end scene I guess we have a new Black Widow! The accents were not great, they could speak perfect American English at the start, but then only English with a strong Russian accent after which made no sense!
    Last edited by Iliena; 2021-07-10 at 12:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I quite enjoyed it, I watched all MCU movies again during lock down and this felt a good ending to Black Widows story a high 7/10, nothing amazing and not enough to warrant a Disney+ membership, but for cheaper methods worth a watch.

After watching the end scene I guess we have a new Black Widow! The accents were not great, they could speak perfect American English at the start, but then only English with a strong Russian accent after which made no sense!
    A Russian person speaking with a Russian accent makes no sense?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    A Russian person speaking with a Russian accent makes no sense?
    A Russian person who learned a perfect English accent then goes back to speaking English with a Russian accent doesn't, seeing speaking is a muscle memory type thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    A Russian person who learned a perfect English accent then goes back to speaking English with a Russian accent doesn't, seeing speaking is a muscle memory type thing.
    That's not how it works. People's accents can change and revert. It isn't really a muscle memory type thing.

Otherwise, Actors would all lose their native accents if your logic was correct.

Also, what do you think you are potentially spoiling with the spoiler tags? The movie is literally about a Russian character.
    –The Sith Code

I also saw it today off some weird streaming website. Seemed just average, so I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Found myself fast forwarding through a lot of the 'family' talk and had less action than I was expecting.

Also getting kinda tired of the woman in the end credit scene who keeps on trying to act like a big deal. Actress just doesn't pull it off compared to someone like Jeff Goldblum, seeing as they are both going for about the same personality.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-07-10 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I had the same sentiments. First part of the movie was the best and probably the most grounded part as sort of a spy thriller... then the back-end of the movie turns into Marvel schlok, then into downright absurdity. It's one of those movies where your mindset goes from "Alright, this is good! Let's keep it up!" to "...no, don't do it... you were doing so well- gah, stop it, movie! Just stop-... and it's gone, so much for that, what else is on TV?"

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how it works. People's accents can change and revert. It isn't really a muscle memory type thing.

Otherwise, Actors would all lose their native accents if your logic was correct.

Also, what do you think you are potentially spoiling with the spoiler tags? The movie is literally about a Russian character.
    To put a context on accents, I actually have several due to living in different regions of the world. While exposure to different accents can change your 'default setting' a bit, it's very easy to switch between them based upon your environment. Basically, you tend to revert or change your accent based upon those around you.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    To put a context on accents, I actually have several due to living in different regions of the world. While exposure to different accents can change your 'default setting' a bit, it's very easy to switch between them based upon your environment. Basically, you tend to revert or change your accent based upon those around you.
    Thank you for your excellent addition.

I am just so confused on why they think accents wouldn't revert.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

Most likely explanation is the kid actors can't pull off the accent.

Thank you for your excellent addition.

I am just so confused on why they think accents wouldn't revert.
    I'm Indian, who's lived in America for more than 30 years. I speak English with a perfect American, Rust Belt accent.

But when I'm around other Indians, that desi-English sneaks back in. I even find myself reverting to old body language native to people from India, even though I barely lived there. It's just a cultural thing you pick up.

It's one of the worse movies of the MCU. They had 1 year to fix the cgi and rethink the last act... it's kinda' disappointing they let this slip.

Sounds like a "must see" to me.