Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jylt View Post
    Yeah, it was added in 3.3 for dungeons. And one of the reasons I'm not looking forward to WoTLK.

Server community in Classic Vanilla/TBC are really some of the heart of what I like about the game. I don't like wondering around a game where even though other players exist you probably won't ever see them again.
    No, that was LFD and the PvP que thing. Realm community disenegration didn't happen until whatever expansion gave us the Premade Group finder, maybe Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    LFG didn't exist in Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, LFG didn't exist in Wrath.
    yes it did, it was live in the icecrown patch (LOOKING FOR DUNGEON)

not to mention it also introduced phasing, which was the beginning of the end for server communities

- - - Updated - - -

No, that was LFD and the PvP que thing. Realm community disenegration didn't happen until whatever expansion gave us the Premade Group finder, maybe Legion?
    when we say LFG we mean LFD, you click the fucking button and you go to the dungeon, it's garbage, all started in wotlk
    Last edited by Zolaris192; 2021-07-08 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    yes it did, it was live in the icecrown patch (LOOKING FOR DUNGEON)

not to mention it also introduced phasing, which was the beginning of the end for server communities

- - - Updated - - -

when we say LFG we mean LFD, you click the fucking button and you go to the dungeon, it's garbage, all started in wotlk
    I like how you cite how phasing was the end of server communities. That being said that was in game for quite some time in relation to different stages of questing people were in, (See Shadow Vault).

I like how you cite how phasing was the end of server communities. That being said that was in game for quite some time in relation to different stages of questing people were in, (See Shadow Vault).
    phasing eventually became sharding, which has been devastating to communities

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i'm not giving blizz a cent. they can have my money when they make good products again. i'm not going to give them money so i can play a good game that was made 10 years ago when we had a competent team. far as i see, if you give them money just to play on a classic server, you aren't helping solve the issue.
    That would require that thwy could actually succed in this, which I have high doubt towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    phasing eventually became sharding, which has been devastating to communities
    Not really but go ahead. The Premade group finder as well as realm merging both did more damage to communities than sharding or phasing ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    That would require that thwy could actually succed in this, which I have high doubt towards.
    i believe they can and that the issue is they are too fixated on their vision. and even if they can't, blizz can get people who can.

Classic MoP please. I'd nolife that shit so hard again...

Not really but go ahead. The Premade group finder as well as realm merging both did more damage to communities than sharding or phasing ever did.
    okay i'll say it again

enjoy
    classic
    LOOKING
    FOR
    GROUP

okay i'll say it again

enjoy
    classic
    LOOKING
    FOR
    GROUP
    i will. LFD is one of the single best things ever added to wow and its one of the top reasons for WOTLK being the best expac ever made.

TBC is not for me. Classes just feel boring.

Wrath added every fun talent that made classes fun in Wrath. TBC Class design was peak boredom.

Before Classic came, people at Retail: "When Classic comes, everything will be awesome again!"
    After Classic came, people at Classic: "When TBC comes, everything will be awesome again!"
    After TBC came, people at TBC: "When Wotlk comes, everything will be awesome again!"

.... No worries guys, you've caught up on Shadowlands soon enough and will be back at square one, only with a 8-10 years delay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Classic MoP please. I'd nolife that shit so hard again...
    Pandaria with the point talent system in place would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Before Classic came, people at Retail: "When Classic comes, everything will be awesome again!"
    After Classic came, people at Classic: "When TBC comes, everything will be awesome again!"
    After TBC came, people at TBC: "When Wotlk comes, everything will be awesome again!"

.... No worries guys, you've caught up on Shadowlands soon enough and will be back at square one, only with a 8-10 years delay!
    Personally after wotlk ill quit again just like I did the first time lol

Seeing a lot of attribution of LFD to community loss. Communities were decimated in Cataclysm, when the difficulty shifts and jumps shut out the sub-50th percentile WoWmoms and dads -- players who loved the game but weren't very good at it and couldn't keep up with the rest of us. You had to turn people away from raids through 3.4, then by 4.2 it was trash drop runs for pugs. Catastrophe. I saw it happen.

Re: Wrath LFG, hindsight may be valuable. I don't have the time to closely research but recall that emblem payouts and heroic limits -- as well as patch staging, and even server proliferation, remember that? -- impeded player participation in 5-mans. I think this time around, especially with 3.3 mechanics, players will put groups together through chat channels for quite some time.
    Last edited by Celarent; 2021-07-11 at 04:14 PM.

Back in WOTLK, yes not on some private server or w/e, I remember killing many heroic 5 mans bosses in 10 secs. Best I saw was 6 secs with a arcane mage.

But, LFG system is nice. Even as a tank I can still not always find groups fast, its just annoying. Dont get the hate - Okay so you dont chat much with ppl, and like...being social, but LFM spam is also bored.

Anyway I like TBC more. It was the better exp for me.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2021-07-11 at 04:24 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really waiting for it but I feel like it'll be a lot more approachable for me. As it stands I had plans of sticking with BC until at least level cap and max flying but I stopped at 64 and have no intentions of going back now that 9.1 is out. It's just too grindy and future prospects seem grim with the lack of tanks everywhere and the general elitist attitude. No I don't want to play a tank, I wanted to main hunter and no I don't have time to commit to a guild. Therefore BC just isn't for me and that's alright. I hope I'm not misremembering and Wrath Classic is more casual friendly.
    Last edited by Dug; 2021-07-11 at 04:50 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, no. While I'd love to play the old school Wintergrasp again (inb4 they ruin it because reasons) I played the rest of Wrath pretty damned fully. While I LOOOOOOOOVE Ulduar, most of the other raids were lacking in comparison, thus I struggle to be interested. I've got every achievement in Wrath almost, just, no.

I need to play TBC though.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Seeing a lot of attribution of LFD to community loss. Communities were decimated in Cataclysm, when the difficulty shifts and jumps shut out the sub-50th percentile WoWmoms and dads -- players who loved the game but weren't very good at it and couldn't keep up with the rest of us.
    I think that's just an easy excuse to distract from the issues of LFD.

First off, grouping up with players from other realms was unheard of outside of random Battlegrounds, it still was a legitimate possibility that you could run into those people again, with LFD, those chances were minimal.

Second, it can be quite the nightmare for any solo oriented player who ends up with a pre made group.
    You'll see people getting kicked before the last boss because someone needs an item, you'll see people rolling need on an item they don't so they can trade it to someone else (which is not possible right now in TBC, but possible in Wotlk).
    And there isn't a chance that those people would ever face any consequences because that's how the system works.

Thirdly, LFD is poor place to for a learning experience.
    People expect in LFD that everything works smoothly.
    People don't show others what they've been doing wrong.

Rather, they quit / kick and look for another group / member, because LFD allows them to.

I am not going to pretend that everyone is super nice without LFD, but in my opinion it keeps the most degenerate behavior to a minimum.
    Behavior that often comes at the detriment of the more casual, less skilled audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    this is of course only my opinion:

4. ULD, TOC, and ICC were all AMAZING raids. a no trash chill tier was awesome IMO
    5. Dungeons released through out the expac that gave increasing gear levels as catch up
    6. Heroics were FUN and FAST and easy, unlike easy slow and unrewarding version of BC
    7. gearing system was at its peak in wow for PVE and PVP with badges

10. Great catch up mechanics and alt friendly

TOC was super stale.

Dungeons were a joke and let you skip every raid.

Heroics were boring zergfests that you didn't even want to be there outside of getting your welfare check

Gearing system sucked because of said heroics and welfare, most people never even beat the raids. WOTLK was like life support for subs, nothing like TBC rocket increase.

10) well you should know the answer from my above 3 pts.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.