Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Like I said, the ones that are still relevant? You simply ignore because you don't like them.

If you seriously don't like a single male character in a game where the cast is PREDOMINANTLY MALE, I think that says more about issues on your end than anything wrong with the game itself
    I mean that the males in the game aren't really representative compared to what we had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    And another one blaming Christie Golden like she's decides who stays and who dies... She's a writer not a creative director. All her role is, is to write what others want her to write, she just fills in the blank. Its called a creative team and there are like 10+ writers for WoW and most of them are in similar position to Golden its the creative directior (or equivalent of) that forwards the direction of the story.

Come on people... brains, use them. Or at least educate yourself on how a creative writing system works. This isnt writing a book, it's a completely different structure.
    I am not strictly blaming her. But I just fear that she had a main role, fore example, in Anduin growth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It was cairne own fault for blaming him for something he didn't.
    Yes, perfectly understandable. Reminds me of the time when my soup at the restaurant was too spicy, and when I mentioned it, I got shot in the arm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Yes, perfectly understandable. Reminds me of the time when my soup at the restaurant was too spicy, and when I mentioned it, I got shot in the arm.
    no, it was more like you realize your soup was too spicy, and you wan to pick a fight with the Waiter(the one who didn't prepare your food) by punching him the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I mean that the males in the game aren't really representative compared to what we had before.

I am not strictly blaming her. But I just fear that she had a main role, fore example, in Anduin growth.
    This. The entire writing room is practically an echo chamber formed off of twitter.

Where is the MANLY man's voice in the room? The one who writes classic horde characters like the WC2 orcs, or Garrosh, or even Sylvanas before christie turned her into dumb florida man kerrigan.

it isn't "toxic masculinity" to want brutal masculine characters in a game about constant WAR. EVERYONE in the horde should be more like Garrosh, but instead we have to deal with thrall and the people who write like that who want to turn the horde into peacecraft, and all of WoW turned into a love orgy.

I want blood, death, destruction... i'd rather die as the VILLAIN i rolled my character to be, than to be forced to play as alliance lite just because the writers think any masculinity is against the rules.

The writers room needs a shot of testosterone in the biggest way because whatever men they have there have been utterly emasculated to the point where i question their manhood outright.

Where is the darkness, the evil, and the horrors of WAR in WARcraft? The old writers knew how to do it, see wc1-2. It wasn't until wc3 that metzen poisoned the horde

10+ Year Old Account

I am sure everyone on the team has their own pet characters they have an attachment too. Yes Golden has stated that Anduin is a favourite of hers, how much creative pull she has on the character is anyone's guess. It was very similar to Metzens having Thrall, except Metzen was the head creative story guy at one point. Golden is not. Think Steven Danser is now filling Metzen's old roll.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

it isn't "toxic masculinity" to want brutal masculine characters in a game about constant WAR. EVERYONE in the horde should be more like Garrosh, but instead we have to deal with thrall and the people who write like that who want to turn the horde into peacecraft, and all of WoW turned into a love orgy.
    I think Horde wanting to have peace has been a thing since Warcraft 3 dude... Not sure you been paying attention.

Also without repeating myself i'll just report what I said earlier:

'And another one blaming Christie Golden like she's decides who stays and who dies... She's a writer not a creative director. All her role is, is to write what others want her to write, she just fills in the blank. Its called a creative team and there are like 10+ writers for WoW and most of them are in similar position to Golden its the creative directior (or equivalent of) that forwards the direction of the story.'

I feel so bad for Golden, she gets all this shit thrown at her despite the fact that WoW has like 10+ writers at the helm.. I could ask why everyone is picking on her... but I think we all know why...
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-09 at 01:48 PM.

Because we are true horde players, the only people who dislike him, as we saw in this thread, are either alliance or elf players and their opinion matter nothing to the horde.
    Or perhaps because he was a legitimately badly written character, whose apex of writing quality came from the fact that, in the end, the character still stuck to his idiotic pride to the point of suiciding himself on a defeated opponent.

Not to mention stealing the kill from those who were fighting said opponent.

You mean he was the best warchief and every single of his war strategies worked?
    Yes. His assassination attempt on Vol'jin sure worked. His Horde truly conquered Azeroth. His Iron Horde truly conquered Azeroth. Right now he sits on the throne of Orgrimmar as the undisputed warchief of the world, with the heads of the Alliance leaders on pikes.

OH WAIT!

No. He's nothing a pile of soulless ashes on the floor.

It was cairne own fault for blaming him for something he didn't.
    Mmhm. And Garrosh is so honorable that he punished Magatha for the treason of messing with the sacred orc tradition of Mak'gora by poisoning Garrosh's blade.

OH WAIT!

All Garrosh did was say "nah, dude, not gonna help ya" when Magatha needed his help. He let the woman go unpunished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Funny, the moment they brought him back he actually noped out for real. So far the smartest character decision anyone has made in this addon.
    we waved away AU Grom actions, and as reminder he started genocide against AU Draenei and every sentient being on Dreanor since ppl seems to forgot that
    he is on par if not more than danasur waifu, yet we forgave him completely because he thought of us as 'cool heroes'
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Figured Garrosh fans would appreciate it. Gotta admit, I was never a big fan of him, but I like the way they portrayed him. Stubborn till the end, and beyond.

I am sure everyone on the team has their own pet characters they have an attachment too. Yes Golden has stated that Anduin is a favourite of hers, how much creative pull she has on the character is anyone's guess. It was very similar to Metzens having Thrall, except Metzen was the head creative story guy at one point. Golden is not. Think Steven Danser is now filling Metzen's old roll.
    Fine and understandable. Thought it doesn't change a thing how she's writing these characters(see her books).

I think Horde wanting to have peace has been a thing since Warcraft 3 dude... Not sure you been paying attention.
    And Jedi wanted to bring the balance to the force and peace to the galaxy... does that mean it would be still enjoyable to watch Star Wars without sith and space wars? No.

I feel so bad for Golden, she gets all this shit thrown at her despite the fact that WoW has like 10+ writers at the helm.. I could ask why everyone is picking on her... but I think we all know why...
    Yes, because writing a comment on a forum she probably doesn't even know that exists and is about her writing style is really the same thing as death threats.

I could ask why you're doing such a stupid compare, but I think that we all know why.

This. The entire writing room is practically an echo chamber formed off of twitter.

Where is the MANLY man's voice in the room? The one who writes classic horde characters like the WC2 orcs, or Garrosh, or even Sylvanas before christie turned her into dumb florida man kerrigan.

I want blood, death, destruction... i'd rather die as the VILLAIN i rolled my character to be, than to be forced to play as alliance lite just because the writers think any masculinity is against the rules.

The writers room needs a shot of testosterone in the biggest way because whatever men they have there have been utterly emasculated to the point where i question their manhood outright.

Where is the darkness, the evil, and the horrors of WAR in WARcraft? The old writers knew how to do it, see wc1-2. It wasn't until wc3 that metzen poisoned the horde

Also without repeating myself i'll just report what I said earlier:

'And another one blaming Christie Golden like she's decides who stays and who dies... She's a writer not a creative director. All her role is, is to write what others want her to write, she just fills in the blank. Its called a creative team and there are like 10+ writers for WoW and most of them are in similar position to Golden its the creative directior (or equivalent of) that forwards the direction of the story.'

I barely even mentioned christie tbh, and i wasn't going to throw all the flak at her. Yeah, she's a writer on WoW but so are like 12 other people and she isn't even the head writer. While i don't think WoW's story telling is good, and part of it IS that peaceful horde narrative since wc3 has neutered the horde and potential for war stories... i don't blame her for it.

I kind of felt bad for her this week all things considered, it seemed like everyone on twitter assaulted her this week over the narrative and she isn't in complete control, and even if she was... it's just a game. I can't imagine sending threats to people over a video game story, ya know? it's ridiculous. It happened last year with TLOU2 as well, adn love or hate the story, there's no need to harrass and threaten writers of video games.
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-07-09 at 02:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Finally, Blizzard got rid off the last mascule character in their game.

Illidan? Jailing Sargeras.
    Varian? Died.
    Saurfang? Died.
    Bolvar? He's nothing now.
    Thrall? Is sad now and does nothing.
    Genn? We didn't even see him in SL.

It's weird that since they hired C. Golden every mascule character that should be in the World of WARcraft is either gone or not active.
    There are no good representants of what real character should be in the war right now. Garrosh was one of them...
    Ignoring that golden can’t even confirm character ages let alone decide who lives and dies or who gets screen time almost all of these happen before she was hired at the start of bfa or were already developed before.

Illidan in legion
    Varian in legion
    Saurfang in the works before she was brought in.
    Thrall dad since legion.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Or perhaps because he was a legitimately badly written character
    no, that was not the case, because one: he was a good writen character, even as villain he was better written that the clowns we had later. and two, the only people complaining about him are using bias and personal feelings, clearly showing they are salty abou his actions to the alliance.
    Not to mention stealing the kill from those who were fighting said opponent.
    of course, like people care about it, thats the reason why everyone is commenting here,

Yes. His assassination attempt on Vol'jin sure worked.
    his assassination attempt was not a war strategy, lmao, and it didn't succed because plot armor

His Horde truly conquered Azeroth. His Iron Horde truly conquered Azeroth. Right now he sits on the throne of Orgrimmar as the undisputed warchief of the world, with the heads of the Alliance leaders on pikes.

OH WAIT!

No. He's nothing a pile of soulless ashes on the floor.
    ah yes, the clearly the Circular Logic fallacy, you never change.

Of course you are ignoring his war strategies working on WTLK, Cataclysm and most of mop, and say it didn't worked, because he lost in the end, truly a fallacious argument.

Mmhm. And Garrosh is so honorable that he punished Magatha for the treason of messing with the sacred orc tradition of Mak'gora by poisoning Garrosh's blade.

OH WAIT!

All Garrosh did was say "nah, dude, not gonna help ya" when Magatha needed his help. He let the woman go unpunished.
    Baine should have punished his own people.

5+ Year Old Account
    @justandulas even in WC3, the all loving, peace seeker Thrall had to annihilate Daelin and a large number of his troops in Theramore (zomg teh wur crimez) because they wouldn't leave him alone. It wasn't until WoW itself that they turned Thrall into a huge Alliance appeaser - which btw worked GREAT for his people, didn't it? /s
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    She really didn’t though almost we have her wanting to put anduin in the shattering and metzen saying ok.

Outside of that she’s just been filling out orders from the actual writers and making what they want her to.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    She really didn’t though almost we have her wanting to put anduin in the shattering and metzen saying ok.

Outside of that she’s just been filling out orders from the actual writers and making what they want her to.
    she did said she wanted to portray him and others less of a "toxic masculinity shenanigans", so she got the main role with him and Baine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you not play bfa? Burning thousands of civilians in teldrassila or firing bombing faker markets and then pinning parants to walls with spears in front of there kids aren’t dark evil horrors of war?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Temporarily popping back onto the forums again to say I regret nothing in my posting career, and I have been completely and eternally vindicated in my support of Garrosh.

I said he did nothing wrong, he said he did nothing wrong, and ultimately, even Blizzard's own writing team admitted he did nothing wrong in sparing him of the treatment every other character has received in Shadowlands.

F for the best character.
    Doing just the same to confirm that this little, barely useful cinematic is the best this one character and its fans could hope, since it honors the past and that's it. When compared to the levels of ridicule the newest, embarassing lows of Blizzard's writing that are hitting most of the remaining characters (with Sylvanas being the most hilarious case of all) that's indeed merciful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    she did said she wanted to portray him and others less of a "toxic masculinity shenanigans", so she got the main role with him and Baine.
    The only main role she has is in books short story’s and other supplementary material she’s said a bunch that she doesn’t work on the wow team and doesn’t work on the ingame story outside of writing cutscenes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The only main role she has is in books short story’s and other supplementary material she’s said a bunch that she doesn’t work on the wow team and doesn’t work on the ingame story outside of writing cutscenes.
    she was invited in bfa to actively write the lore too, she is part of wow team as a wow writer and not just on the cutscenes.

7+ Year Old Account
    she was invited in bfa to actively write the lore too, she is part of wow team as a wow writer and not just on the cutscenes.
    Not quite no, thankfully she made a recent tweet so I don’t have to dig for the old ones.

Christie Golden

Actually, thanks for the chance for me to explain that I am not on the WoW team. I work for Story and Franchise Development, always have, and we work with all the teams when we are asked to regarding comics, novellas, cinematics, etc. So I can't comment on your question, sorry!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristieG...51852786294786

She’s gone as far as saying she can’t even confirm genn’s age in the past as she’s not involved in the lore that way.