Thread: Reality's end.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    to clear ties with ~20years code, fktylion of in game stuff you have to maintenance regularly like quests, items, systems etc. inconsistent graphics quality
    Just wanted to comment on this part. Barely any of the code in wow is original anymore. It has been changed multiple times and it has evolved over the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    All this Jailer and Shadowlands nonsense is nothing but filler between the Legion storyline and the eventual Void Lord storyline.
    While, aside from a trivial smidgeon, neglecting to contribute to any of the actual void lore. The Void Lords are going to have the exact same problem as the Jailor. They're going to need a full expansion to establish themselves before even remotely cares about them.

And cue "The Jailor was a good guy, he merely tried to save us from the Void Lords."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Just wanted to comment on this part. Barely any of the code in wow is original anymore. It has been changed multiple times and it has evolved over the time.
    That includes Classic. Classic is also running on the refreshed engine and all the old assets had to be reintroduced from scratch, which is why it took so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    While, aside from a trivial smidgeon, neglecting to contribute to any of the actual void lore. The Void Lords are going to have the exact same problem as the Jailor. They're going to need a full expansion to establish themselves before even remotely cares about them.
    I think the void lords have at least the benefit of having been mentioned before. The janitor came out of nowhere and has been crowned the absolute mastermind of everything ever in the warcraft franchise via the nathrezim proxy. Ironically that makes him most likely being a 1 pump chump villain even worse and the storytelling equivalent to tunneling through the proverbial rock bottom.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Yeah that's a fair point. But unlike the Old Gods the Void Lords are still incredibly abstract. They'd need a whole cult structure to give them some personality.

What could that be Zovaal is speaking about? I have been thinking some time ago that WoW could use some sort of "reset", mayhaps it is their plan to do so story wise through ending of Shadowlands with Zovaal's victory and doing... something? Power creep has gone wild good time ago, we are fighting titans, titans+, so what's next? titans+++? I mean it doesn't have ANY meaning at this point and breaks any sort of immersion... immensly.
    IMHO best case scenario would be announcement of WoW2 instead of WoW 10.0 or 11.0 at this point; to clear ties with ~20years code, fktylion of in game stuff you have to maintenance regularly like quests, items, systems etc. inconsistent graphics quality (imagine having gta3 models in gta5... and thats what is happening in WoW rn).
    What do you think? I mean i don't really expect it, rather further ducktaping and milking current game would be my bet, buut... I don't know, it seems like it would be a good opportunity if done right (which with current blizz attitude is not likely, but hey).
    As MoP, WoD and BfA both illustrated: you do not need to constantly escalate the power levels to keep it consistent.

The lorewise powercreep is really only there if you make an effort to ignore the lore.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

What could that be Zovaal is speaking about? I have been thinking some time ago that WoW could use some sort of "reset", mayhaps it is their plan to do so story wise through ending of Shadowlands with Zovaal's victory and doing... something? Power creep has gone wild good time ago, we are fighting titans, titans+, so what's next? titans+++? I mean it doesn't have ANY meaning at this point and breaks any sort of immersion... immensly.
    IMHO best case scenario would be announcement of WoW2 instead of WoW 10.0 or 11.0 at this point; to clear ties with ~20years code, fktylion of in game stuff you have to maintenance regularly like quests, items, systems etc. inconsistent graphics quality (imagine having gta3 models in gta5... and thats what is happening in WoW rn).
    What do you think? I mean i don't really expect it, rather further ducktaping and milking current game would be my bet, buut... I don't know, it seems like it would be a good opportunity if done right (which with current blizz attitude is not likely, but hey).
    You don't kill the cow until it's milked dry. WoW 2 won't happen until silly people stop giving Blizzard money for 10 months of no content.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    If you make good games the financials will follow.
    wel...
    there was quite few studios who i though were doing great games, and they are no longer around, and quite a few of them bankrupted...
    blizzard on the other hand, despite so many people claiming they dont care about gameplay only money, and they are shit and they do terribly, and so on, still have quite a few (milions actualy) of players acros their games and financialy they do very well...

problem is, for "If you make good games the financials will follow" to be true there would need to be universal definition of "good game"...
    untill then its "if your game is POPULAR the finances will follow"
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-09 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightrose View Post
    It has been harder and harder to justify the expansions, especially the level increases. 2 expansions ago we decisively defeated The Burning Legion, a force that has destroyed countless worlds, then we kill an old god (massive reduction in power, at least the loss of artifacts explained that somewhat) and now we will end up defeating death itself. Only thing that can be a step up from this would be to kill The Void Lords themselves, anything else becomes massively problematic and unintuitive.
    As much as I love wow, the "story" has run its course after this expansion.
    There’s also the “light”, which I don’t think is inherently “good” either after watching the Illidan My Destiny Is My Own cinematic, where the Naaru Being tries to “turn” him.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please it's WoW don't overthink it.

He wants to kill everyone and turn them into undead servants of himself.

We roflstomp him in the final raid and blast him with some Ancient Ones relic that permakills him, the end.

Then we get the *checks rival game* "light is evil m'kay" expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Next expansion is Dragon Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Sounds boring. Void Lords much better theme than dragons. Cataclysm proved people are not too much into dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Sounds boring. Void Lords much better theme than dragons. Cataclysm proved people are not too much into dragons.
    I think Cataclysm proved people aren't too into Harrison Jones and Thrall.

What's appealing about Void Lords? Not that I have anything against them, I'm just unable to find anything on them. It feels I'm missing something.

What if Zovaal was the good guy all along and will get his own redemption in 9.2 when everyone realizes? Don't intentions matter far more than actions in the court of wow justice?
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2021-07-09 at 06:33 PM.

Unless you go by the people on these forums who claim Cataclysm was such a good expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    My only concern would be that anything Dragon related tends to end up as incredibly cartoony. Which isn't bad for a change. It even makes sense after the grim and dour Shadowlands. But an entire expansion filled with cartoony islands would be visual diabetes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Unless you go by the people on these forums who claim Cataclysm was such a good expansion.
    That would be me. Cataclysm's content is solid, it just lacks an end game and rightfully gets penalised for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    My only concern would be that anything Dragon related tends to end up as incredibly cartoony. Which isn't bad for a change. It even makes sense after the grim and dour Shadowlands. But an entire expansion filled with cartoony islands would be visual diabetes.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be me. Cataclysm's content is solid, it just lacks an end game and rightfully gets penalised for that.
    Yeah and your issue sounds like it isnt with dragons its with the end game, so my quess is, you wouldnt mind if next expansion had a dragons theme aslong as end game is really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and your issue sounds like it isnt with dragons its with the end game, so my quess is, you wouldnt mind if next expansion had a dragons theme aslong as end game is really good.
    I dunno if they think Dragons are a step too far for Cartooney in a game that runs on Cartoon Logic and Anime Power Levels then their problem might be with Dragons.

Cataclysm proved people are not too much into dragons.
    or it proved players were not really impressed with the story they told about those dragons. I think they butchered deathwing and a lot of potential. bad writing already. at this point they can pick whatever villain they want in the lore, this team is gonna make it look bad for the wrong reasons.

the void lords. we know they exists in the warcraft universe, but we don't know them. so blizzard is just gonna throw us some new dudes in shadowpriest form, we can call them Mr blue, Mr Green and Mr Purple, but blizzard will use a name generator and name them "Jsshi'iishju" or something, they'll talk to us from their high horses and laugh at us like it's a no match etc .....

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I dunno if they think Dragons are a step too far for Cartooney in a game that runs on Cartoon Logic and Anime Power Levels then their problem might be with Dragons.
    Of course WoW is cartoony, but whenever the dragons show up, it's like someone was asked to visualise a cartoony version of WoW. And that's fun in and of itself, it gives the dragons a consistent appearance even though they're all different aspects with different themes. But any *entire* expansion that's too much.

Yeah I'm not objecting to dragons, they're an intrinsic part of WoW. I'm just worried that these islands will end up as rainbow vomit.