Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Yeah. He also says that shit to everyone ever.

- - - Updated - - -

He wants EVERYTHING to serve him. He wants to be the one true God of WoW. Azeroth is nothing more than a bonus.
    Aha. So he opened portal to Azeroth for.. what? Anduin was so cool?

God, please let 10.0 be a return to more grounded threats on Azeroth... I can stomach no revamp of EK/Kalimdor if we just stop going into space and planes or whatever the fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    According to everything we know, pretty much yes. From what I understand he wanted the veil to be broken to reunite with Sylvanas and capture Anduin and friends for the sake of acquiring the sigils. It appears that taking Azeroth is only a secondary goal to him, and the Sepulcher is his main objective (unless the Sepulcher ends up being on Azeroth).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    God, please let 10.0 be a return to more grounded threats on Azeroth... I can stomach no revamp of EK/Kalimdor if we just stop going into space and planes or whatever the fuck...
    But... but.... we've killed a Titan, we've excised the Old Gods, we're gonna kill a Cosmic God.....

No, we need to go bigger. We need to go to war with an entire Cosmic Force....

We need to try and be as popular as Shadowbringers.

It's time... to fight ALL OF THE LIGHT ITSELF!!!!1!!!!!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Ten out of ten, could not agree more if I tried.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dunno man, BfA was very grounded. And we might have moved to a different dimension in SL, but all the stuff here is still in the high fantasy norm. No sci-fi crap we had in late Legion.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agree and while at it BLZ might turn down the hero shit some. I'm equally fed up with the childish narrative that it's up to ME to save the entire world(s).
    They should get back to basics imo.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I would love an expansion that brings us to EK/Kal and we just see how things have been going for the locals. Back to collecting bear asses, foiling bandit organizations, helping small farms/towns, small HvA squabbles over land disputes. Instead of focusing on some sort of Sylvanas tv drama like the story has been for years, they could tell non convoluted smaller stories throughout the world.

I understand people wouldn't like the less serious world ending big baddie story, but that doesn't mean we can't have raids or a big bad that could be foreshadowed. Give us reasons to care about the world again and the people in it, so that way at the last patch when some unforseen evil levels a town and destroys the inhabitants we actually want to go kick some ass.

Azeroth could be linked to the First Ones or be the centerpiece of Reality that was made as a Titan Conduit of the First Ones. That's likely it however. If the Sepulcher was located on Azeroth, the Jailer would've opened it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Dunno man, BfA was very grounded. And we might have moved to a different dimension in SL, but all the stuff here is still in the high fantasy norm. No sci-fi crap we had in late Legion.
    To be fair, and since I've read it from someone else here before, the beginning of BfA was grounded. From the Nazjatar patch onwards we've been jumping sharks on rocket skates again. I mean we defeated an eldritch horror by practically re-originating it with a bunch of titan machines and the world soul channeling a kamehame through us/our necklaces. We went from a faction war that simmered down into a proxy war to a world and effectively universe emding (void lords getting entry into reality) threat. Practically it was only ever grounded on a superficial surface level since the overarching world saving azerite plot was always bubbling below the surface of a simple faction war.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-09 at 08:05 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No. If that happens 10.0 will have to be delayed until 2023, and Blizzard won't have an expansion last 3 years.
    dude the games delayed
    we need to accept it

9.2 in february
    9.3 around 7 months after
    10.0 10-12 after that

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    dude the games delayed
    we need to accept it

9.2 in february
    9.3 around 7 months after
    10.0 10-12 after that
    So 10.0 in late Q3-early Q4 2024? Even for doomsayers that seems excessive.

If we assume 2 months delay on every single major patch starting from when SL launched that still leaves us with at worst an August/September 2023 launch. And that is assuming Blizzard is not going to cut the fat in later patches to try to get 10.0 out sooner rather than later.

9.1 is already far meatier than any previous X.1 patch that I have seen at least. So if we then assume a 9.2 more in vein of 7.2, and a 9.3 more like 8.3 then the amount of content needed for later patches is already cut drastically, possibly even enough to launch said patches earlier.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

If we assume 2 months delay on every single major patch starting from when SL launched that still leaves us with at worst an August/September 2023 launch. And that is assuming Blizzard is not going to cut the fat in later patches to try to get 10.0 out sooner rather than later.

9.1 is already far meatier than any previous X.1 patch that I have seen at least. So if we then assume a 9.2 more in vein of 7.2, and a 9.3 more like 8.3 then the amount of content needed for later patches is already cut drastically, possibly even enough to launch said patches earlier.
    Unless 10.0 is not some big revamp expansion that will take longer (and Blizzard would warn us that WoW goes on hiatus like post WoD), I could imagine timeline like this:

- 9.1.5 absolutely minimal on September (Legion timewalking, heirlooms, small quality of life changes) or even scrapped
    - 9.2 reveal & PTR on September
    - 9.2 launch on 16th, 23th or 30th November (depend if Thanksgiving would be more important than direct clash with FF14 for them, and if it is, how would they prefer position themselves - week before or after)
    - Season 3 either on 30th November or 7th December
    - 9.2.5 definitely scrapped (9.3.5 of course too)
    - on February reveal and PTR of 9.3 (smaller patch than 9.2, more story, Icecrown geting Uldum/Vale treat, final raid and season, some patch gimmick similar to visions)
    - late February/early March Blizzconline - reveal of 10.0 expac AND Wrath Classic
    - late April 9.3 launch (they like to release patches on late March, but it would be impossible this time)
    - early Summer 10.0 Alpha, late Summer Wrath Beta
    - on Gamescom reveal of Wrath date - November 2022 after Thanksgiving
    - Blizzcon 2022 - Beta 10.0 starting next week (people with virtual ticket invited), panels about max level content, making some Wrath hype
    - 10.0 launching on second half of March 2023, making SL longest expansion, beating BfA record by 2-3 weeks.

Of course there is huge disclaimer - it's possible IF Blizzard is back to speed and is able to deliver raid every 5 months. I'm aware pessimistic people here are sure there is 0% chance for that.

Of course there is huge disclaimer - it's possible IF Blizzard is back to speed and is able to deliver raid every 5 months. I'm aware pessimistic people here are sure there is 0% chance for that.
    That's quite possible. I don't think 10.0 will see a very long drought, either, at least as long as we can keep Delta from messing with things to much.

Though i question the benefit of scrapping the x.x.5 patches, collating those with the .n patches won't really save them much.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's quite possible. I don't think 10.0 will see a very long drought, either, at least as long as we can keep Delta from messing with things to much.

Though i question the benefit of scrapping the x.x.5 patches, collating those with the .n patches won't really save them much.
    People still expect some content or system changes from patches like these. In general I don't see a point for them after devs abandoned Legion way. 8.1.5 was last mini patch with some content, 8.2.5 was a joke and 9.0.5 was just hotfix that pretend to be a patch cause end of Q1 was coming and they had to lure some people in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

how do you get 2024??
    next year is 2022 so it would be 2023

delays happened we cant get around that
    patches and 10.0 are effected just by the fact they work on the next expansion at the same time they launch the current one

feb of 2022 will be the latest 9.2 hits
    "well they dont need as much content because of the 9.1 content"
    theres no predetermined amount of content they have for an expansions patch cycle and kneecapping the later patches especially the one that normally lasts about a year is a terrible business strategy

lets say 9.3 hits in september of 2022
    this means that if we get blizzcon we can get all the super fun stuff for the next expansion shown and hype us up

you figure the 10-12 month cycle we will get it no later than september 2023
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2021-07-10 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    feb of 2022 will be the latest 9.2 hits
    Uhm... 8.2 to 8.3 took them almost the same amount of time then as 9.1 to 9.2 (8.2 end of June, 8.3 mid January; 9.1 end of June, 9.2 January / February). With the only exception 9.1 was already 3 months late. I think 9.2 in February is totally reasonable, but only if we're getting the next expansion in Q4/22 (which will be the case).
    ________

Y'all are delusional if you think they're delaying the next expansion until Q3/23 or later, lol.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-07-12 at 03:26 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I'm a simple man. I detest Shadowlands as a setting, so I truly do hope Shadowlands will end with patch 9.2. Nothing of value will be lost.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But... but.... we've killed a Titan, we've excised the Old Gods, we're gonna kill a Cosmic God.....

No, we need to go bigger. We need to go to war with an entire Cosmic Force....

We need to try and be as popular as Shadowbringers.

It's time... to fight ALL OF THE LIGHT ITSELF!!!!1!!!!!
    Nah we dont.. please god no.

Its already all over the place.. its obvious people lose interest except for a few people here who are hyped for that shit.

I rather see a setting on azeroth where we visit the races and what they are up to.. maybe take gilneas back, look for a place forthe forsaken, wrap stories there and visit places on Azeroth we still need to visit. Anything, but that stupid light vs voidbulshit.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-07-12 at 03:43 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Zovaal claimed that death will claim the soul of our world near the end of the intro experience in the maw.
    that wasn't Zovaal. However, that was one of his lackeys in the ICC pre-expac experience.