Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I know! This place is like a breeding ground of toxicity, where only the most vocally extreme opinionated jaded individuals who only seek to undermine other peoples opinions care to dwell. Who even comes to these forums?? I wonder why they even waste their time here
    Official WoW forums are the same... so maybe the problem is with the game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Negativity towards bad game design is probably a good thing, but I wouldn't trust most of the game's players to understand what IS good design. Everyone seems to fancy themselves game designers here, and no one knows how to discuss topics in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    There have been many capitalistic systems, as in systems guided by market forces, yet few of them have withered as spectacularly and as zealously as the US.
    I'm really not sure what you're saying; how has the US "withered"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Food for thought: In the past, when have people made posts about WoW declining.

Answer:
    All the goddamn time, regardless of what was going on.

You're doing the exact same things you're accusing others of, just in the opposite direction.

I know! This place is like a breeding ground of toxicity, where only the most vocally extreme opinionated jaded individuals who only seek to undermine other peoples opinions care to dwell. Who even comes to these forums?? I wonder why they even waste their time here
    Can you knock off the sarcastic tone? Nobody's amused by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Can you knock off the sarcastic tone? Nobody's amused by it.
    Why would I act sarcastic to amuse other people? Nobody else seems to be amused by the realization that people here are negative towards each other and to the game and only concerned about expressing their self interests at the behest of the opinions people they reply to.

That's why we're all here.

I don't see anything amusing about pointing that out.

Or do you think you're like, some part of a solution by drowning out the doomsayers and suggesting they be silenced? Now THAT would be amusing.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-10 at 04:45 AM.

Why would I act sarcastic to amuse other people? Nobody else seems to be amused by the realization that people here are negative towards each other and to the game and only concerned about expressing their self interests at the behest of the opinions people they reply to.

That's why we're all here.

I don't see anything amusing about pointing that out.

Or do you think you're like, some part of a solution by drowning out the doomsayers and suggesting they be silenced? Now THAT would be amusing.
    I'm not trying to drown out anybody. I'm making observations based on my own experiences and I call people out on obvious negativity cirlcejerking when I see it. I don't give the slightest iota of a fuck about how people perceive me but I sure as fuck won't censor myself because I'm afraid some random internet strangers might put me on their ignore list.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-07-10 at 06:09 AM.

I'm not trying to drown out anybody. I'm making observations based on my own experiences and I call people out on obvious negativity cirlcejerking when I see it. I don't give the slightest iota of a fuck about how people perceive me but I sure as fuck won't censor myself because I'm afraid some random internet strangers might put me on their ignore list.
    Oh shit, negative circle jerking! That definitely needs to be called out, especially in the MMO-C forums!

Who are you really fooling here? You're acting like you're on some high horse but you're wading in the filth with the rest of us. If there's anything that needs to be called out, its trying to pretend this place was ever meant to serve as anything more than an echochamber for the disenfranchised.

Constructive criticism falls on deaf ears when we all know Blizzard doesn't care to listen in the first place. The game isn't designed by democracy :/

I mean, the only outcome of fostering constructive ideas on how the game could improve only salts the wound knowing it will likely never happen because Blizzard is stuck in their ways. Which, well, leads to more disenfranchisement and frustrations over what could be but never will be.

Surely you've been around long enough to realize this by now. You don't have to participate in the circlejerk or the negativity, but certainly you must be aware that where we are is the place where people come to complain.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-10 at 06:30 AM.

Oh shit, negative circle jerking! That definitely needs to be called out, especially in the MMO-C forums!

Who are you really fooling here? You're acting like you're on some high horse but you're wading in the filth with the rest of us. If there's anything that needs to be called out, its trying to pretend this place was ever meant to serve as anything more than an echochamber for the disenfranchised.

Constructive criticism falls on deaf ears when we all know Blizzard doesn't care to listen in the first place. The game isn't designed by democracy :/

I mean, the only outcome of fostering constructive ideas on how the game could improve only salts the wound knowing it will likely never happen because Blizzard is stuck in their ways.
    Uh huh. So instead of being pointlessly cynical about the game we should instead just be pointlessly cynical about the forums. That's some top tier nihilism there mate.

Uh huh. So instead of being pointlessly cynical about the game we should instead just be pointlessly cynical about the forums. That's some top tier nihilism there mate.
    If you didn't want to be exposed to cynicism, you wouldn't be in any forums at all. You're here for exactly that reason, to be cynical against people trashing WoW.

Or would you have me believe that you came here into the MMOC forums, which is oh so reputable for constructive conversations, and clicked on the "Impact of MTX on WoW game design" thread, genuinely expecting to find a constructive conversation on how Blizzard could better the game? You really trying to bullshit a bullshitter?

You came here to do the same thing everyone does here. Knowingly. Willingly. You picked the worse thread in the forum and dived right into the shitstorm.

You want conversation thats more free from negativity? Try reddit, where that shit gets downvoted into obscurity. Or discord, where I'm sure you'd be able to find a niche WoW community that might not be so negative. But please, you know exactly where you are, why you're here. To express your own cynicism against people who talk trash about Blizzard.

We're all here for the same purpose, just for different reasons.

Or I maybe I'm wrong, and you really are that naive?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-10 at 07:24 AM.

If you didn't want to be exposed to cynicism, you wouldn't be in any forums at all. You're here for exactly that reason, to be cynical against people trashing WoW.

Or would you have me believe that you came here into the MMOC forums, which is oh so reputable for constructive conversations, and clicked on the "Impact of MTX on WoW game design" thread, genuinely expecting to find a constructive conversation on how Blizzard could better the game? You really trying to bullshit a bullshitter?

You came here to do the same thing everyone does here. Knowingly. Willingly. You picked the worse thread in the forum and dived right into the shitstorm.

You want conversation thats more free from negativity? Try reddit, where that shit gets downvoted into obscurity. Or discord, where I'm sure you'd be able to find a niche WoW community that might not be so negative. But please, you know exactly where you are, why you're here. To express your own cynicism against people who talk trash about Blizzard.

We're all here for the same purpose, just for different reasons.

Or I maybe I'm wrong, and you really are that naive?
    I'd appreciate if you'd stop trying to psychoanalyze shitposting on MMO-C and just moved the fuck on with your life. Have a nice day my dude.

I'd appreciate if you'd stop trying to psychoanalyze shitposting on MMO-C and just moved the fuck on with your life. Have a nice day my dude.
    I'm sure you'd appreciate it, but I also do not give a fuck about what you think I should do with my life, considering I'm here for the same reasons you are.

And thank you, I will definitely try and enjoy my day
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-10 at 08:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It'd probably be better for the game as a whole if negativity breeding grounds like this forum didn't exist.
    That you just want people who are critical of the game to STFU says a lot more about you, lmao. But I do find it's funny that your entire forum presence is built around shaming WoW critics. It's slathered all over every post you make and your signature. You sure do care a lot about this I see! LMAO

But again, nobody needs to convince you. One day you're going to be sitting in the biggest city of a WoW expansion, see two people, and suddenly think "Man that's the most people I've seen in months".

Many big content creators have said this before, but there are many many many single player games that have far more complex and pleasing mechanics as an actual game than most MMOs have. The big draw to MMOs for most people is the community and the social aspect, either being able to interact with other people or compete against them. To be able to show off your accomplishments and loot, and share in epic adventures. If there's nobody there to do that with, you may as well just quit and play a single player game.

BUT if you're happy playing WoW as a single player game, power to ya.

The flood gates have been thrown wide. Metrics are shifting. Goodbye to the old king, long live the new king.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    MTX? Almost none. Mounts, pets, it has no real impact. Sure, you can buy a boost for real money via tokens, but is that really helping you? If you weren't good enough to down the content anyway, you're winning nothing.

Subscription fees? The impact of that is plain to see. Chasing Monthly Active Users, giving players pointless busywork, starving them of loot as a design choice to keep them playing... It comes at an immense cost to gameplay.
    it 100% has an impact on the game,all those take a fairly long time to make,time that could be spent on the actual game,not shop

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    it 100% has an impact on the game,all those take a fairly long time to make,time that could be spent on the actual game,not shop
    If that was true then FF 14 should be getting ready to put out it's second expansion next year.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    A couple of reskinned mounts is negligible effort. That's free money. An artist doing that is doing nothing to make the actual game systems better in any way.

Every game with MtX is negatively affected by them and that is an unarguable fact

Fact is, if mtx didn’t exist… games would be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    A couple of reskinned mounts is negligible effort. That's free money. An artist doing that is doing nothing to make the actual game systems better in any way.
    You’re right it is practically nothing. Other games offer up dyes for outfits, mounts, etc… so the players can do this themselves

WoW recolors mounts and expects them to be praised over it. With their budget, we shouldn’t see a single recolored mount in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

EDIT: The irony of so many people wishing that Blizzard would make the game less casual and more difficult generally is deep when developers add some challenging content and the response is that they're only doing it to sell tokens. Jeez.
    And there lies the conflict of interest caused by micro transactions.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Every game with MtX is negatively affected by them and that is an unarguable fact

Fact is, if mtx didn’t exist… games would be better.
    What about F2P games only keep updating because of MTX? Some thing like path of exile for example likely wouldn’t have survived long enough to mature to the great game it is now without MTX as if it just had a launch price in its early state it likely would have done rather poorly in sales.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I'm really not sure what you're saying; how has the US "withered"?
    Have you bern paying attention?
    Between its rapidly waning power on the world stage and the impovetishment of its citizens to the point that they died of Covid the most of pretty much anyone - despite having a rather low population density mind you!

And did you forget Trump already?
    His steel bans were counterproductive to the point that it rapidly became clear that the US has neither the skill and technology nor the infrastructure and industry needed to keep producing the advanced materials on which everything it produces relies.

It is basically a corpse kept dangling as if alive by a world that hasn't quite figured out how it can work without it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.