10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.wowktv.com/news/west-vir...plicit-tiktok/

WV State Rep. Joe Jeffries decided to post what is apparently a fairly graphic video giving "advice" on oral sex. Republicans across the state have condemned him and he's been stripped of his Committee vice-chairman position.

Defo the party of "family values". I'm all for sex education, but giving advice on getting head isn't the kind of education most folks associate with "education" in terms of safe sex.
    The best part of the article:
    In February, Jeffries was the lead sponsor of House Bill 2157 proposing to eliminate teachings of sexuality and forbidding displays relating to sexuality in public schools.
    Nope, can't teach it as education, but riffing on TikTok is A-OK!

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Defrauding the government seems to be a feature of the Republican party, nowadays.
    I'm wondering why they took the effort to pay those people. It's illegal regardless, but it's conceivable there might not have been nefarious motivations. Granted, being Trump appointees isn't a good jumping off point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again it's time for Guess the Speaker!

Now, they’re starting to talk about going door-to-door to be able to take vaccines to the people.

Think about the mechanisms they would have to build to be able to actually execute that massive of a thing. And then think about what those mechanisms could be used for. They could then go door-to-door and take your guns, they could go door-to-door and take your Bibles.
    "Holy shit, that's fucking crazy."

It was a Party of Trump Rep. at CPAC.

"Who?"

I mean, does it matter? This is an officially elected US Representative. And he's claiming Biden is laying the ground work for mass Bible theft.

Normally I would challenge Trump supporters in 24 hours etc. but this guy isn't Trump, so, Trump supporters get a pass. But bear in mind, you're in the same boat as this guy -- he's just not your captain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And he's claiming Biden is laying the ground work for mass Bible theft.
    Has this guy ever heard of Jehovah's Witnesses? Guess not.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anyone got any clue wtf that’s about?
    That is a placeholder for when you're formatting a page layout but don't have the final text.

It seems like they used a premade webpage template but didn't bother filling out the "About Us" section and left it as the default.

10/10 Quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan Attorney General Nessel to investigate false claims about election

Hmm. Hopefully, they work with Georgia and Arizona.

The GOP-controlled state Senate Oversight Committee recommended the probe as part of its wide-ranging report on the election, which debuted in June. The Republican lawmakers behind the document, including Sen. Ed McBroom, R-Vulcan, found no evidence to prove "significant acts of fraud" in the vote and suggested Nessel, a Democrat, look into those spreading false assertions.

"After reviewing the report in full, the department has accepted Sen. McBroom and the committee’s request to investigate," said Lynsey Mukomel, Nessel's press secretary.

The Michigan State Police are assisting with the investigation, Mukomel said.

In an interview last month, McBroom, chairman of the Senate Oversight Committee, said his panel found what appeared to be "potentially fraudulent activity" among some individuals who have been making false claims about the election.

"If you are profiting by making false claims, that's pretty much the definition of fraud," McBroom said.

Anyone got any clue wtf that’s about?
    It’s called mock Latin. Graphic designers use it during the design and layout process to have some kind of text in the layout to see how it all fits.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It’s called mock Latin. Graphic designers use it during the design and layout process to have some kind of text in the layout to see how it all fits.
    It looked like the lyrics to One Winged Angel at first glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    There's only one word in that song, and you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Sephiroth?

On topic: the statue of Robert E. "Murderous Insurrectionist" Lee has been taken down in Charlottesville.

In 2019, a Virginia sate judge issued a permanent injunction prohibiting the removal of the statues, arguing that state law prohibits removing war materials.

The Virginia Supreme Court later tossed that ruling, allowing the city to decide for itself whether to take down the statues. The Charlottesville City Council voted last month to remove the statues.
    People celebrated the statue's departure by not running over and murdering people in their car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sephiroth?

On topic: the statue of Robert E. "Murderous Insurrectionist" Lee has been taken down in Charlottesville.

People celebrated the statue's departure by not running over and murdering people in their car.
    Hopefully this serves as a good nucleation point for the removal of other statues.

And while it might seem like a “small” step, it’s important that it’s in essence a permanent step. Future generations will no longer see these traitors glorified in town squares.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That is a placeholder for when you're formatting a page layout but don't have the final text.

It seems like they used a premade webpage template but didn't bother filling out the "About Us" section and left it as the default.

10/10 Quality.
    They also didn't bother with adding items to their shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Shooters, famous for poisoning dozens of people with the pulled pork sandwiches they left out stewing over night? quality.

Heh, if that’s true then it’s double special becuase they DID edit that section, just not the what we make section.

Right above the placeholder nonsense(I guess I got exposed for always making sites from scratch).
    Reading the names for the items on that menu and then their restaurant description just hurt my brain. I am surprised in their restaurant description they didn't tell people to come down for their weekly virgin sacrifice so to appease the gun god. The religious fanaticism that the right have over guns in the U.S. is frightening. One of the mottos of the U.S. right is God, Guns and Country, well you can cut out country for Trump since we all know they don't give two shits about the country. So it would be God, Guns and Trump but then the order isn't right. It would probably go Guns, Trump and God with God being a distant third to Guns and Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Shooters, famous for poisoning dozens of people with the pulled pork sandwiches they left out stewing over night? quality.
    Ha, she figuratively poisons the minds of people who take her seriously and she literally poisoned people through her restaurant, freaking hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    They also didn't bother with adding items to their shop.
    It's a case study in conservative policy really, just wrapped up in a web page.

Once again it's time for Guess the Speaker!

Now, they’re starting to talk about going door-to-door to be able to take vaccines to the people.

Think about the mechanisms they would have to build to be able to actually execute that massive of a thing. And then think about what those mechanisms could be used for. They could then go door-to-door and take your guns, they could go door-to-door and take your Bibles.

"Holy shit, that's fucking crazy."
    Wow, that means all this time the Girl Scouts have just been in training for a mandatory gun confiscation program.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Wow, that means all this time the Girl Scouts have just been in training for a mandatory gun confiscation program.
    I kinda thought they were training to be drug dealers... I mean them cookies...I just know there's something in them...addictive

YOU WON'T GET ME THIS YEAR *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I mean, for two Thin Mints and a Tagalong they can search my entire house for guns. And Bibles, why not.

Quickie report for Friday:

27,237 new cases; 366 deaths, bringing the total to 622,708. Some of those new cases are likely to be corrections, but not all. The numbers are undoubtedly going back up again. The extrapolation from Florida's weekly report gives them nearly 5k new cases for Friday. Fuck Florida.

California, Missouri and Texas all had over 2k new cases reported for Friday. Next week will give us a better picture on exactly how bad things are once reporting is 100% back on track--for those states that are still reporting in a timely manner.

Related news:

Los Angeles County sees exponential growth in Covid-19 cases as Delta variant becomes dominant, worrying officials--Disappointing but not unexpected. Even as well as California's been doing lately they have to overcome the density of population in LA (and those yahoos in Orange County) and that's a pretty tall order regardless. Hopefully the vaccination effort will mitigate the wave somewhat.

Stay safe, folks.

Rep. Wheels McLiarface?
    Rep Truant McLiarface

https://www.axios.com/house-freshmen...165b317a3.html