Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Holy crap, the amount of 12-year old downvoting the hard work of NORMAL FOLKS is crazy.

I hate you guys that do this so much. The ones who downvote a video like that, you all made me hate the job. I had to ignore you fuckers and try to find the fun in what I made, because you made me feel so awful for it all the time.

I can't imagine how these people feel now that WoW has even more toxic hate.
    "Working hard" on something doesn't preclude you from criticism cupcake. Calling a downvote "toxic hate" because someone doesn't like it is absolutely laughable. As is hating someone for not liking something, it's something that 12 year old child you mentioned would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Shadowlands live up to the success of BFA so far?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Y'all are just upset shit was predictable. And that's okay...

BUT HOLY SHIT! ZOVAAL IS COOL AS FUCK!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas also thought she was "fighting" for good, despite the genocides and whatnot.

She's an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

And her luck's run out.
    Disagree, Zovaal looks like a level 1 skyrim character who just used console commands to deck himself out in daedric armor.

Amusing.
    Several years ago I dared to question the devs for several 'minor' design and lore issues. I did that right here, on this website.
    The whole lot of sexn'ts spent two full days accusing me for 'boooo, he's trying to apply logic to a FANTASY SETTING GAME, booooooo!'. They even tried to get me banned for, quote, 'toxic posting'.
    Now they're squealing and screeching and whimpering about 'how bad and illogical the lore is'.
    Oh my. Jolly good. Who could've thought.

This game has become a joke. Its lore has become a joke. The gameplay was ultimately reduced to a joke. And most importantly its community has become a joke. And you did it yourselves, willingly.
    I have the full right to scorn, blame and accuse what's left of WoW dev staff. Because I DID provide them with feedback, as negative as it may have been. As a 'customer', I did my part.
    But you lot?
    You dare not question the Actiblizzard. You encouraged them to degrade to their current state. You deliberately condoned this, you witch-hunted anyone who would disagree. Savor the outcome, ladies, for you deserve every last bit of this mockery.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Amusing.
    Several years ago I dared to question the devs for several 'minor' design and lore issues. I did that right here, on this website.
    The whole lot of sexn'ts spent two full days accusing me for 'boooo, he's trying to apply logic to a FANTASY SETTING GAME, booooooo!'. They even tried to get me banned for, quote, 'toxic posting'.
    Now they're squealing and screeching and whimpering about 'how bad and illogical the lore is'.

This game has become a joke. Its lore has become a joke. The gameplay was ultimately reduced to a joke. And most importantly its community has become a joke. And you did it yourselves, willingly.
    I have the full right to scorn, blame and accuse what's left of WoW dev staff. Because I DID provide them with feedback, as negative as it may have been. As a 'customer', I did my part.
    But you lot?
    You dare not question the Actiblizzard. You encouraged them to degrade to their current state. You deliberately condoned this, you witch-hunted anyone who would disagree. Savor the outcome, ladies, for you deserve every last bit of this mockery.
    What do you not like about the story rn outside the obvious Sylvanas shit? It's okay to talk about it here.

Blizz can write 3 antagonistic archetypes:
    - ultimate evil
    - corrupted/mind-controlled
    - total idiot

Only thing you can do with the story is press ESC -> skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    Amusing.

But you lot?
    You joined in 2020 and you have 25 posts. Yeah, you really made a stink "several years ago". Sure.

We're gonna need some proof of your prescience before we acknowledge anything you have to say, champ.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    There has to be some kind of logic though. What about the Night Elves and everyone who likes them? Why are they going to get thrown to the trash? After everything Sylvanas has done to them, and Tyrande failing to enact her revenge, the worst thing to do would be to redeem Sylvanas and give the Night Elves zero closure.
    Closure doesn't neccesarily mean that they kill off the person behind those actions. I imagine we're going to get yet another off-screen trial like they did for Garrosh, because you know, all the best storytelling happens off-screen for whatever reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Why would sylvan as 'deserved' a redemption story and the characters you mention not? She did more atrocity then them, you can even compare the harm and suffering she this so far, she's pretty much Arthas on steroids, crime wise
    Because Arthas, Illidan and Garrosh all did the things they did by their own free will, Sylv however has been herself since her soul was taken away, all morals and such cast aside, it's kind of hard to comment on her still because they've not wrapped up Shadowlands which is essentially her expansion, so I kinda just have to wait until later and see what happens.
    But I'd like to see what Sylvanas is like with her soul returned.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    "Working hard" on something doesn't preclude you from criticism cupcake. Calling a downvote "toxic hate" because someone doesn't like it is absolutely laughable. As is hating someone for not liking something, it's something that 12 year old child you mentioned would do.
    FWIW, it's learned behavior. The internet has made it acceptable to just lash out at things. Your "thumbs down" isn't indicative of anything to blizzard, other than group think. That's it. That's all they learned.

They learned that the internet, when it doesn't like sometime you made or disagrees with it, despite it's quality or lack thereof, you will be downvoted. Why? Because it's acceptable to be negative on the internet, and to be outwardly negative, and vocally negative, etc.

Nobody is accountable for what they say, or how they say, or the fashion in which they deliver it, that everyone is jumping over themselves to share about how much something upsets them, or to give their immediate opinion in the form of a simple thumb up or down.

My most memorable thumbs up or thumbs down?

https://www.italymagazine.com/sites/...?itok=tllXgUwD

I mean, is that the type of ... depth you want in your replies about things? Because that's what you get. Shallowness.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Because Arthas, Illidan and Garrosh all did the things they did by their own free will, Sylv however has been herself since her soul was taken away, all morals and such cast aside, it's kind of hard to comment on her still because they've not wrapped up Shadowlands which is essentially her expansion, so I kinda just have to wait until later and see what happens.
    But I'd like to see what Sylvanas is like with her soul returned.
    Arthas lost his soul when taking up frostmourn any thing he did past that point can’t be held to him any more then the things sylvanas did hell he arguable has less culpability if sylvanas soul was actually split and she still had half.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Arthas lost his soul when taking up frostmourn any thing he did past that point can’t be held to him any more then the things sylvanas did hell he arguable has less culpability if sylvanas soul was actually split and she still had half.
    except that at the end of the Arthas novel he actively rejects both Ner'zul (the LK) and his own humanity.

I find it hard to side with the idea that Arthas is not responsible for what he did when he actively chose to kill what was his left of his humanity.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    except that at the end of the Arthas novel he actively rejects both Ner'zul (the LK) and his own humanity.

I find it hard to side with the idea that Arthas is not responsible for what he did when he actively chose to kill what was his left of his humanity.

For all we know the mind scape at the end of the novel is within frostmourn/the helm and the arthas in charge is him soulless with kid arthas being his soul meaning it wasn’t part of him but was a distinct entity like ner’zhul.

What we do know for sure is he lost his soul when taking up frostmourn this is stated by every source ever to depict the event.

So if sylvanas isn’t capable because she had half a soul then neither Is post frostmourn arthas who lost all of his soul.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachturnal View Post
    Is there really a partnership when you're doing the bidding of an all-powerful being that rules the realm of death akin to a god? I don't know man. She served him up Teldrassil, started a whole war and turned Anduin. Sounds like we're serving.
    She isn't doing his bidding. Everything she has done was of her own choosing, not orders from The Jailer. She thought she was working in partnership wth him. She never served him.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    She isn't doing his bidding. Everything she has done was of her own choosing, not orders from The Jailer. She thought she was working in partnership wth him. She never served him.
    "all will serve death!, except for me, we have a partnership".

Sounds kinda weak.

- - - Updated - - -

For all we know the mind scape at the end of the novel is within frostmourn/the helm and the arthas in charge is him soulless with kid arthas being his soul meaning it wasn’t part of him but was a distinct entity like ner’zhul.

What we do know for sure is he lost his soul when taking up frostmourn this is stated by every source ever to depict the event.

So if sylvanas isn’t capable because she had half a soul then neither Is post frostmourn arthas who lost all of his soul.
    fortunately I don't believe having only half a soul absolves Sylvanas of anything and if the writers go in that direction it just further proves what talentless hacks they are.
    'obvious evil person isn't actually evil because they were not themselves' is a pretty low point in writing without a proper setup, which Sylvanas's story lacks and at points actively contridicts.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2021-07-12 at 05:11 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

As a side, purely because I saw this poster - if you want to see a well- thought out, relateable 'villain' who I actually felt bad for because of the wrong-doings against him - Aurelian Lorgar in First Heretic book = amazing read

WoW has a very long way to getting the fleshed out character bqck stories that some of the warhammer chaps/chapettes have!

In terms of Sylvanas, everyone is acting like this is news to them, but it has been discussed on this forum for a long long time that this redemption arc was coming - predictable story telling at its finest!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    UGH. Literally anyone could have done better.

If you want her to betray him as a story point... why not make it about her bargain being to get her soul back? And he DENIES her that, and it prompts her to TURN AGAINST HIM. He can still shrug off her attack and then say, fine, here's your soul back, but I'm LEAVING YOU HERE WITH THEM. He then abandons her to justice at the hands of her peers instead of her escaping to whatever.

Almost essentially the same but at least motivations are clear??

But no, your twist is that she decides to stop SERVING? She only NOW sees the total parallel of Jailer and Lich King?! You're telling me she was entirely all right with his "plan" up until ... when exactly, when his plan goes accordingly and he essentially wins?

This is terrible. WHAT was Sylvanas' motivation up until now?
    Her motivation? She has been very upfront, and clear, about it from the start of the Expac.
    She sees the whole system, of life, death, and reincarnation, as twisted, and cruel.
    She started seeing it this way back at the end of Wrath, when she suicides after taking out Arthas.
    She finds herself, not ending, but in some horrific torture prison.
    Then some Val'kyr, who we later learn are Mawsworn Valkyr, formerly Helsworn ones, offer her a way out, they will take her place and protect her. In return she will work to free those trapped there.
    Her work to get more forsaken, and her efforts from then, to the start of Legion, they were all to avoid going back there.
    At the end of Mists, she even tries to get her sister to come live with her, but that backfires, and she feels so alone.
    So she is alone, in pain, without hope, and afraid.
    Fast forward to the start of Legion, and we see The Jailer's first bigger steps.
    He has his minion, Mueh'zala, to mess with Vol'jin's mind, and trick him into thinking the Loa, as a whole, want Synvanas in charge.
    This makes the Banshee queen more along, and burdened with more responsibilities.
    This means she is stuck with finding a way to win a war with the Legion, and somehow survive it.
    Enter Helya.
    Helya makes a bargain with Sylvanas, a bargain which would give Sylvanas the ability to create an unstoppable force to fight the Legion with.
    And she asks a favor in return.
    We now know that favor was to help out her 'friend' who was 'wrongfully' imprisoned (The Jailer)
    Since then she met the Jailer, and saw someone else in a horrific prison, like the one Arthas put her in.
    So she saw someone who seemed, based on what she was shown, to be falsely imprisoned, persecuted, and vilified. Just like she experienced herself since her death.
    Then said kindred spirit talks about tearing down the unjust system hat causes such horror to be allowed.
    In short, she was manipulated, and tricked by someone who spent years grooming her to be a perfect victims for his abuse.

And like the wife of an abusive husband, she kept making mental excuses as to why he 'was really a good guy' and 'does truly care about me'.

We see this exact scenario play out millions of times in thew real world. yet you don't understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kremlin KOA View Post
    Her motivation? She has been very upfront, and clear, about it from the start of the Expac.
    She sees the whole system, of life, death, and reincarnation, as twisted, and cruel.
    She started seeing it this way back at the end of Wrath, when she suicides after taking out Arthas.
    Then some Val'kyr, who we later learn are Mawsworn Valkyr, formerly Helsworn ones, offer her a way out, they will take her place and protect her. In return she will work to free those trapped there.
    Her work to get more forsaken, and her efforts from then, to the start of Legion, they were all to avoid going back there.
    At the end of Mists, she even tries to get her sister to come live with her, but that backfires, and she feels so alone.
    Fast forward to the start of Legion, and we see The Jailer's first bigger steps.
    He has his minion, Mueh'zala, to mess with Vol'jin's mind, and trick him into thinking the Loa, as a whole, want Synvanas in charge.
    This makes the Banshee queen more along, and burdened with more responsibilities.
    This means she is stuck with finding a way to win a war with the Legion, and somehow survive it.
    Enter Helya.
    Helya makes a bargain with Sylvanas, a bargain which would give Sylvanas the ability to create an unstoppable force to fight the Legion with.
    We now know that favor was to help out her 'friend' who was 'wrongfully' imprisoned (The Jailer)
    Since then she met the Jailer, and saw someone else in a horrific prison, like the one Arthas put her in.
    So she saw someone who seemed, based on what she was shown, to be falsely imprisoned, persecuted, and vilified. Just like she experienced herself since her death.
    Then said kindred spirit talks about tearing down the unjust system hat causes such horror to be allowed.
    In short, she was manipulated, and tricked by someone who spent years grooming her to be a perfect victims for his abuse.

And like the wife of an abusive husband, she kept making mental excuses as to why he 'was really a good guy' and 'does truly care about me'.

We see this exact scenario play out millions of times in thew real world. yet you don't understand it?
    This is a great explanation. This is really good. You should be writing for Blizzard. You understand this better than they do I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kremlin KOA View Post
    Enter Helya.

This is how I always saw it, I think WOW players offended by this plot are just not savvy to actual real world subtleties imbedded in most of WOW's plot for quite a few years now. (Tell me on silver platter or meh, I don't get it)

Quote Originally Posted by VXBlade View Post
    This is how I always saw it, I think WOW players offended by this plot are just not savvy to actual real world subtleties imbedded in most of WOW's plot for quite a few years now. (Tell me on silver platter or meh, I don't get it)
    So uhm it all boils down to Sylvanas being a stereotypical woman who will do everything for love?

And THAT IS THE LOLXD that we are just laughing at.
    Manipulated my ass, these characters have universe-shattering powers, come on. Shit stinks, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I thought it had a deeper meaning

Sorry for buzzing in, but I find "the janitor" amusing af

So easy, so effective!
    Well I mean, it is slightly deeper. At the time we most certainly didn't know about the whole arbitor sortinghat of hogwa- shadowlands did its thing and how all the houses worked, and why they did what they did. I believe she thought they would break the conventions of the shadowlands, like the forced servitude, the draining of your anima/memories, to stop being used as fuel for a higher beings purpose. I think in her eyes, the death and destruction she caused within the system she was trying to take down, would in the end, be less harmful overall than them eventually dying and their ultimate destiny ends up with serving the shadowlands or becoming a source of power through their experiences. I think she saw that as much worse. However, freedom in the afterlife to spend eternity with whomever you want ( she hints at that when talking to anduin ) and however you want, seems to be what she was told. But all of that is speculation and what I have gained from keeping up with the story. Her actions will likely be explained in the new book, but we will just have to see.