Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Anduin and Sylvanas and WoW's Third Faction

As the title suggest it seems Shadowlands is foreshadowing a break from the norm and a new neutral faction would be part of WoW but seems to be an inverse of how Pandaren pick a faction.

With the addition of Shadowlands, the Covenant and all the "potential allied race" as addition to the existing Horde/Alliance: Ven'thyr, Bastion, Ardenweald and perhaps Maldraxxus, they might be the core races for this potential 3rd faction.

What are your thoughts? Do you approve on finally having a 3rd faction and break the norms of having just the Horde or Alliance?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-07-10 at 04:16 AM.

WoW barely has enough players for two factions and a significant number of players want cross-faction play. I don't see how adding a third faction and further dividing players into groups that can't play together will help anything.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    As the title suggest it seems Shadowlands is foreshadowing a break from the norm and the a new neutral faction would be part of WoW but seems to be an inverse of how Pandaren pick a faction.

With the addition of Shadowlands covenant and all available allied race potential addition to the existing Border/Alliance, Ven'thyr, Bastion, Ardenweald and perhaps Maldraxxus might be the core races for this potential 3rd faction.

What are your thoughts? Do you approve on finally having a 3rd faction and break the norms of having just the Horde or Alliance?
    There won't be a third faction, Anduin is mind controlled and Sylvanas is going to jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly just shocked to be in a non rambling, totally coherent vertigo12 thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Took them big years to be able to change how the Backpack slot worked due to coding issues, I can only imagine how deep the faction system is dug into.

First off why would Anduin and Slyanus form a third faction? Why would they even be on the same faction?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    WoW barely has enough players for two factions and a significant number of players want cross-faction play. I don't see how adding a third faction and further dividing players into groups that can't play together will help anything.
    It is a neutral faction and would the the faction which represent those who died or from Azeroth's realm of the dead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    First off why would Anduin and Slyanus form a third faction? Why would they even be on the same faction?
    Why? It was hinted in BfA that Sylvanas was baiting Anduin's attention as if she wanted to relay a very important message which is needed to be addressed but wouldn't draw too much suspicion and cause internal strife or turmoil within the two faction.

Also it is very much obvious that Sylvanas is acting in her own volition and has not been influenced by the jailer's domination/subjugation as seen in her eye color, she pretty much have or control the power of the void currently and now she successfully reclaimed a part of her identity, a missing half of her soul/anima, she somehow regained mortality.

In one of the custcene where Sylvanas and Anduin are having a conversation with one another, Anduin pretty much understood what message is Sylvanas is now implying . And it seems that behind that instance of conversation we may not be aware that Anduin gave in willingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calls for a third faction or faction-picking are totally ridiculous and do nothing substantive for the game. Let's assume that this suggestion is grounded somewhat on the assumption that the faction dichotomy has become harmful for the playerbase, either due to imbalances or just splitting the community in general. How do you solve that? Make the game's social functions (grouping, raiding, guilds, etc.) cross-faction compatible. Done. Easy. Minimal extra work required.

But adding a third faction? Well congrats, you split up the playerbase even more. Even if it's considered a neutral faction it requires players to choose neutrality over whatever race they want to play, which would continue to constrict the playerbase the same way the current dichotomy does.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2021-07-10 at 04:35 AM.

Why? It was hinted in BfA that Sylvanas was baiting Anduin's attention as if she wanted to relay a very important message which is needed to be addressed but wouldn't draw too much suspicion and cause internal strife or turmoil within the two faction.

Also it is very much obvious that Sylvanas is acting in her own volition and has not been influenced by the jailer's domination/subjugation as seen in her eye color, she pretty much have or control the power of the void currently and now she successfully reclaimed a part of her identity, a missing half of her soul/anima, she somehow regained mortality.

In one of the custcene where Sylvanas and Anduin are having a conversation with one another, Anduin pretty much understood what message is Sylvanas is now implying . And it seems that behind that instance of conversation we may not be aware that Anduin gave in willingly.
    Nothing of what you just typed explains why Anduin would ever leave the Alliance to form a 3rd faction with Sylvanus.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Every time I see you post, I cringe from how bad your take is. I wish you'd take "Philippines" off your location because it's just embarrassing for the rest of us who actually have a clue.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

As the title suggest it seems Shadowlands is foreshadowing a break from the norm and a new neutral faction would be part of WoW but seems to be an inverse of how Pandaren pick a faction.

With the addition of Shadowlands, the Covenant and all the "potential allied race" as addition to the existing Horde/Alliance: Ven'thyr, Bastion, Ardenweald and perhaps Maldraxxus, they might be the core races for this potential 3rd faction.

4 factions, actually. Based on Warcraft 3 factions:

The Alliance. (Bastion-like)
    The Horde. (Maldraxxus-like)
    The Sentinels. (Ardenweald-like)
    The Scourge.(Revendreth-like)

They already showed a splintering of the Night elves from the Alliance and the Forsaken from the Horde in BfA.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    4 factions, actually. Based on Warcraft 3 factions:

The Alliance. (Bastion-like)
    The Horde. (Maldraxxus-like)
    The Sentinels. (Ardenweald-like)
    The Scourge.(Revendreth-like)

They already showed a splintering of the Night elves from the Alliance and the Forsaken from the Horde in BfA.
    Shadowlands only shows that in death faction serve no meaning when the system order have been structured since the beginning of time. Maldraxxus and Ven'thyr only shows that whether you are Horde or Alliance you would end up there and get mixed with the others like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Every time I see you post, I cringe from how bad your take is. I wish you'd take "Philippines" off your location because it's just embarrassing for the rest of us who actually have a clue.

How bold you to embody yourself to be the ineffable truth and act as the voice of the Philippines. You're nothing but a slapsoil and squatter with your attitude who feels highly of himself able to use gadget. Nobody demanded for your opinion here so better get lost if you won't say anything good besides from your tirade.I bet you're one of those garbage pickers living in Smokey Mountain just like how trashy your comments are.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-07-10 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    and Sylvanas is going to jail.
    A bold assumption while Narthanos made flesh is holding the pen
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Shadowlands only shows that in death faction serve no meaning when the system order have been structured since the beginning of time. Maldraxxus and Ven'thyr only shows that whether you are Horde or Alliance you would end up there and get mixed with the others like it or not.
    Yes. For gameplay reasons you are able to choose whatever covenant you want. Lorewise, Bastion fits more with the Human Alliance (righteous), Ardenweald with the Night elves (nature), Maldraxxus with the Orcish Horde (War) and Revendreth with the Forsaken undead (evil).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody demanded for your opinion here

Funny... it's only comes off to you as "demanded" when the post is negative towards you directly.

And all other opinions are "invited" in all other cases.

Lol. This game literally doesn't have the population left to sustain a second faction, as evidenced by the fact that Alliance is pretty much dead at all high competitive levels, and you want to add a third faction? Just lmao, nothing else needs to be said on the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once upon a time back before TBC came out and rumours were abound I was totally into a third faction for WoW. One of the ideas I pitched was the Illadari, which was Blood Elves, Broken, Demon race and Fel Orc. Unfortunately over time the way the whole faction imbalance has been a major well, imbalance, I went against recommending it :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Nothing of what you just typed explains why Anduin would ever leave the Alliance to form a 3rd faction with Sylvanus.
    obviously they will marry and form the third faction with the power of love, can't you see they giving each other the "look"?

There is not, and never will be, a third faction in WoW.

Maybe in a theoretical, built from the ground up 'WoW 2.' But never in WoW.

Making a third faction that can stand equal to the two existing ones would take far too much effort. Making a half assed third faction would just lead to blowback from the community over it. And a third faction would just exacerbate the issues already caused by the current faction system.

It's never going to happen. Not for lore reasons, but for gameplay and development reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be any 3rd faction.

As people said, we already have plenty issues with 2 factions as is. And heck sure you ain't going to have Sylv X Mawduin hug it out either, they both will be broken wrecks after SL is over who will take another 2 expansions to pick up the broken pieces off themselves off the floor.