Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Please stop with the wow2 already.
    Why? Are you afraid that you will losse all those useless pixels you wasted your time getting?

We will just have another shitty gated expansion with crappy lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    So pretty much like every other WoW expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    This is going to happen whether wow continues, they skip ahead 100 years or if there is a wow2 with a whole new engine and redone classes. The same people would be doing it with the same people running it from the top.

Making WoW2 would effectively be shitting on those of us still sticking with the game for over a decade, in the hopes of luring back those that left for good.

A revamped EK/Kalimdor? Yes please. WoW2? That'd be my way out for good. I ain't gonna lose all my progression and start over, there are other MMORPGs in which I could do that if I wanted to.

The Gretchen "Fetch" meme fits.

Another world revamp means classic wow can continue into cataclysm, mop...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Making WoW2 would effectively be shitting on those of us still sticking with the game for over a decade, in the hopes of luring back those that left for good.

A revamped EK/Kalimdor? Yes please. WoW2? That'd be my way out for good. I ain't gonna lose all my progression and start over, there are other MMORPGs in which I could do that if I wanted to.

I can respect that that's what your feelings are telling you but Bliz deciding to release a wow2 is not shitting on anyone. Many current and former players I am 100% sure would love the idea of a reimagined Azeroth with new models, engine and possibly classes. You may not like it but that doesn't mean Bliz doing such a thing is somehow a betrayal of all longtime players. Not that I really care whether they would do it or not, because I don't. Wow has lost most of its allure to me. Whether WoW2 could rekindle that idk but it would be a long ways off regardless. I also think that 90% of current players who would say 'that's it, I am quitting wow' if wow2 was released would still play it. Most long time wow players are addicts plain and simple.

They needed 8 months for 9.1. They will need 8 years for this grand idea, don't kid yourself.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

We also have the interview where they said time was persieved differently in shadowlands.

I kinda hope they bring the world back to a more adventurous state. Im sick and tired of constantly fighting cosmic threats. Saving the world AGAIN. What happened to my characted just being a nobody, helping people with minor shit like a kobold invasion, dealing with the defias brotherhood and killing bandits because we want to murderhobo, not because we have to because the bandits are summoning tiamat, the archdevil.

Let us come back from shadowlands and many years have passed on the outside. Due to all the time that passed in the shadowlands and we have been gone, with all the leaders etc. Smaller factions have started to take over. Gnolls is now a threat to orgrimmas as no one has been around to stop them. The defias brotherhood has now taken over stormwind since the wrynn and the leaders been gone. So instead of us going to argus and killing yet another cosmic threat. Let us help the alliance to retake stormwind and stop bandits and shit. But we are to strong you might say, Well, maybe we aren't so strong anymore since we have been away for years in the shadowlands, can have done a lot to our physical bodies

More of the classic story with current retail systems and QoL

Shadowlands is as far away from wow you can ever get, aside from a few of the leaders etc and important lore characters. Nothing else in shadowlands say warcraft. Where are the murlocs, the nagas, the humans, the orcs? Shadowlands feel like a different game

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    snip
    We dont need another World of Warcraft we need something completely different, everything about WoW has been done to death and i doubt blizzard could even make another MMO at this point, main reason WoW is losing subs is because its old and the gameplay is the same each expansion, it just gets boring.

An MMO in the diablo universe would be the only interesting universe WoW has left, a starcraft MMO would probably not bring in as much interest.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    They lack the testicular fortitude needed to make WoW 2

As much as that would make sense, they’ll take the easy road and make 10.0 about the light and the void, space monsters, etc

WoW needs to be more grounded in a reality of some kind tho, instead of every expac throwing away the lore that came before it. Build on the lore rather than gut it for selfish purposes of establishing a new villain of the year every year
    Or maybe, since the original is still making lots of money for them, they lack the desire.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Do you realize that you will losse it no matter what? This game wont be there forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    We dont need another World of Warcraft we need something completely different, everything about WoW has been done to death and i doubt blizzard could even make another MMO at this point, main reason WoW is losing subs is because its old and the gameplay is the same each expansion, it just gets boring.

An MMO in the diablo universe would be the only interesting universe WoW has left, a starcraft MMO would probably not bring in as much interest.
    We don't really need any of it. It's just a matter of what Bliz would decide to do with their marquee ip and what they think would pay off the most in the long run. I'm not arguing for a wow2. I'm actually much more excited about some of the mmo's coming out later this year along with D4(which I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing). Making wow2 seems much safer financially speaking than making some other mmo. I'm not sure Bliz's head honchos have the same level of confidence in their creative teams to pull off a whole new ip or way of making an mmo nowadays though so if they did I think it probably would be a wow2 which for all intents and purposes was just a dressed up wow.

the more likely outcome of shadowlands is the game getting shut down

We arent getting a wow 2, they will just keep adding new things to current wow. Why would i stop playing wow and start playing wow 2 with none of my transmogs or mounts? or a new game with a quarter of the art assets?
    If they make wow 2 then it will be built on top of wow, in fact they already have, we are currently playing... what, wow 9?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    We arent getting a wow 2, they will just keep adding new things to current wow. Why would i stop playing wow and start playing wow 2 with none of my transmogs or mounts? or a new game with a quarter of the art assets?
    If they make wow 2 then it will be built on top of wow, in fact they already have, we are currently playing... what, wow 9?
    well a wow2 would ofc look better and maybe this time they could fix the cliping,but thats me being way to optimistic when the new models broke the cliping even more,evem completly ruining some races like male undead,honestly sometimes you literaly think a small indie company is doing some of these things

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Most long time wow players are addicts plain and simple.
    Classy.

10charsnotworthmore.

Honestly, who thinks Cataclysm was the best expansion ever?
    Don't confuse nostalgia with quality.

They don't need a reboot to fix systems. They will just bring back the crappy systems on your reboot.

What needs a reboot is the inside of the developers heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Do you realize that you will losse it no matter what? This game wont be there forever.
    Duh.com.

I'll take the game running its course and then ending, over them attempting "WoW2" and hastening my departure.

It could lead to that, yes. Or it could lead to a new AP-styled grind, some more systems and 10 currencies. Hint: It'll be the latter.