Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    as we long, long ago speculated in the 8.3 speculation thread

So, who else thinks Sylvanas is going to die?
    I'VE GOT POPCORN
    It's sad that I honestly don't care anymore. I want to care, but this has all just been so humorous and slow moving, I just want to move on to something more interesting than big bad man we've never heard of before wants to subjugate.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You can’t be serious they’ll pull an Illidan/Bolvar with her, as in once we defeat the Jailer she’ll take his place and be put on ice as jailer of the dead.
    I am serious that she deserves it but I'm not really expecting that will happen.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

undead =/= mortal my guy

mortal requires you to you know... be alive.

- - - Updated - - -

have you seen the cinematic yet?
    She fires an arrow at the Jailer and he retaliates by making her a living being again

- - - Updated - - -

that's basically kerrigan 2.0 at this point. you know, being a baddy and then sacrificing everything that went towards your character progression to become some god that's never seen again?
    Mortal just require you to be able to die, in some form. Therefore, Sylvanas is mortal. She may be ageless, but she can still be killed and subjected to death.
    Truly immortal would be someone like the Mummy from the Brendan Fraser movie where they had to cast a spell to make him mortal, or Ban from Seven Deadly Sins who was giving immortality from the tree and to which can’t be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Mortal just require you to be able to die, in some form. Therefore, Sylvanas is mortal. She may be ageless, but she can still be killed and subjected to death.
    Truly immortal would be someone like the Mummy from the Brendan Fraser movie where they had to cast a spell to make him mortal, or Ban from Seven Deadly Sins who was giving immortality from the tree and to which can’t be killed.
    Technically immortal often means cant die from old age but can still be killed. Like NEs were.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    you're thinking invincibility where you cannot die. Mortals are living, breathing beings. Undead are not alive, and therefore are not mortal.

WoW's story line introduction for new players

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    WoW's story line introduction for new players

is that the lego video

7+ Year Old Account
    Agelessness is literally what wows version of mortality is.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Mortal just require you to be able to die, in some form.
    so literally everybody in wow

7+ Year Old Account
    have you seen the cinematic yet?
    She fires an arrow at the Jailer and he retaliates by making her a living being again
    What on earth makes you think she is alive again?

She's still undead, her soul just isn't torn to shreds anymore.
    Literally the same thing that happened to Uther.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    that's basically kerrigan 2.0 at this point. you know, being a baddy and then sacrificing everything that went towards your character progression to become some god that's never seen again?
    Eh, I'm more one less step than that. She redeems herself with her life, to never walk among the living or dead ever again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What on earth makes you think she is alive again?

She's still undead, her soul just isn't torn to shreds anymore.
    Literally the same thing that happened to Uther.
    Pretty sure undead high elves don't have blue eyes

She's going to be the next Arbiter.

There must always be an Arbiter.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Technically immortal often means cant die from old age but can still be killed. Like NEs were.
    So, since they are still subject to death they are then not immortal, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, not correct.

You're thinking Invincible. Creatures who are immortal can still die, technically, just not naturally.
    noun
    noun: invincibility
    the quality of being too powerful to be defeated or overcome.
    "he gave off an aura of invincibility"

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add:

noun
    noun: immortality
    the ability to live forever; eternal life.
    "eating the fruit gave the gods immortality"

If you can die, you are not immortal. As I posted earlier, the best 2 examples of true immortals are Ban from Seven Deadly Sins and Ihmotep from The Mummy. You can even add Dead Pool.
    They are beings who can be injured, decapitated, rent limb from limb, drained of all blood, suffocated, etc, and they still can keep going and, so far with Deadpool, don’t age.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure undead high elves don't have blue eyes
    They don't have red eyes either, that's specifically a dark ranger trait.

Hell, even the San'layn each had different colored eyes.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-07-11 at 06:14 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    She deserves to die so.. lets hope she does.
    Not gonna lie, I was half hoping to see Bolvar caver her fucking head in with his hammer...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

She's not "mortal" by your definition, technically she has always been immortal, but I understand what you are saying.
    She's just had the retconned part of her soul returned. So basically she's been returned to the version of Sylvanas we see in the legion intro cinematic, before they made a fat samurai kid video with her story from legion onwards.

I could make a really long post about how much they've fucked up the forsaken lore, but let's just leave it at the Forsaken are "mortal" for the most part, but the details of that mortality changes a lot. They continue to decompose and that was a major part of the forsaken but they stopped exploring the upper limit of that decomposition a while back so we never got to see it fully play out.

Blood Elves are immortal technically due to the sunwell, but Blizz hasn't explored if being an undead elf means you've been cut off from that magik influenced immortality.

So, since they are still subject to death they are then not immortal, correct?
    Immortal doesn't mean cannot die, it means cannot die from old age... Invincible means cannot be killed.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

To me it is:

Mortal: Living, breathing creature that can die of old age.
    Ghost: Spirit residing on the mortal plane.
    Undead: Spirit that animates a dead carcass on the mortal plane.
    Immortal: Living, breathing creature that cannot die of old age but can be killed.
    God: Powerful being that cannot die of old age and cannot be killed by normal means. Might be able to killed by another god or some entity that has a power advantage over the god in some way.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.