Thread: Euro 2020

Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's fine, we're all gloating at the worst of England in return. So karma evens out.

Also, their penalties were proper shit, no doubt. But at least they stuck to good English tradition. Not sure what English have to complain about. The reason why the engraver was so fast with the word Italy is cos he started engraving before the first penalty shoot happened.

*snicker*
    Let's face it, when it comes to Penalties you guys have it down like an art form. England still hide behind the myth that penalties are out of their control and if they miss it's just the gods. Not practice, or mentality or anything like that. It's all the fault of a deity or deities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    I also have a theory, England were playing really well and winning their games then the tories and fash like farage stopped calling them marxists and started backing them. As soon as tories get involved in anything it turns to shit.
    Damn, maybe Labour were onto something in trying to stop that Tory born in 1967 to break his boycott and watch the final.

5+ Year Old Account
    Gianluigi Donnarumma chosen as player of the tournament, only second time that happened to a goalkeeper (first one was Peter Schmeichel)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Let's face it, when it comes to Penalties you guys have it down like an art form. England still hide behind the myth that penalties are out of their control and if they miss it's just the gods. Not practice, or mentality or anything like that. It's all the fault of a deity or deities.
    Did you smoke crack before posting on the forum? Stay off hard-drugs, not only are they illegal but they're bad for your health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Agreed, surely Graelish and Sterling should be taking? Shit even Hendo. People that have been to finals or can carry some pressure.
    Henderson shouldn't go near a penalty ever. But how Grealish didn't take one is beyond me.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Gianluigi Donnarumma chosen as player of the tournament, only second time that happened to a goalkeeper (first one was Peter Schmeichel)
    Well deserved both times too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Almost surprised Kasper Schmeichel didn't win it.

Did you smoke crack before posting on the forum? Stay off hard-drugs, not only are they illegal but they're bad for your health.
    Has your head been in the sand since 1990. Every time England lose on penalties there's never a look at ones self. It's always excuse on how Penalties are pure luck. Refusing to believe that somehow Germany winning them nearly all the time and England losing nearly all the time might just have some reasoning behind it on how penalties are viewed.

Has your head been in the sand since 1990. Every time England lose on penalties there's never a look at ones self. It's always excuse on how Penalties are pure luck. Refusing to believe that somehow Germany winning them nearly all the time and England losing nearly all the time might just have some reasoning behind it on how penalties are viewed.
    Yeah. Don't do drugs kids.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-07-11 at 10:45 PM.

Almost surprised Kasper Schmeichel didn't win it.
    I'm Danish, and I knew he wasn't getting it after tonight.

It was great whilst it lasted but wasn't to be. Even if we never get this far again I will for ever be grateful to the team for giving me something that I never thought I'd ever get to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    No I didn't. Perhaps you should stop putting words in other people's mouths.

I was pointing out that it wasn't suddenly "getting ugly" and it was a pre game incident.
    Fine, you got the curve. I was already looking for the documents to cancel you. /jk

But even if it's a pre game incident I'm surprised that police wasn't all over them within seconds.

My Italian neighborhood is going nuts. Funny how quickly you know who is living around your area hah

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I'm sure the opinions of foreigners vicariously living through a team better than theirs will offer little comfort to the victims of racial abuse.

Nor is it going to stop the Daily Heil brigade for one second.
    Well... we're not doing this to comfort anyone in England. LOL. Pay attention, mate.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I'm aware, we don't really practice penalties. It's just that... saw that Italian hitting the ball dead center? Yeah, just put it in man, it's not that difficult. For anyone outside England, that is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I really question putting two cold subs in on the 119th minute just for PKs, and putting Sancho and Saka in over Grealish.

I also don't like the stop-and-stutter thing they tried to copy Jorginho, because if you have a level-headed GK, it doesn't matter. And that Italian GK had ice in his veins. Even after he won it all after stopping Saka, he just walked away as if nothing had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Fine, you got the curve. I was already looking for the documents to cancel you. /jk

But even if it's a pre game incident I'm surprised that police wasn't all over them within seconds.

My Italian neighborhood is going nuts. Funny how quickly you know who is living around your area hah
    We had fireworks going off here. If I drove into the city, I wouldn't come out alive without an Italian flag on my cheek by the end of the night.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love coming to this forum and seeing how everyone that has no class is against the English. But keep on shit talking England while not looking in a mirror.
    Gotta love the hypocrisy of the English turning a blind eye to a clear and obvious dive basically getting them into the final, but whenever another team does it it's "disgusting".

Inb4 "but England were better than Denmark" argument. Because that's how sports works right, the best team always wins... oh wait.

I feel bad for Saka, Southgate picking him in the first 5 to take a penalty was a terrible decision.

As far as I'm aware, we don't really practice penalties. It's just that... saw that Italian hitting the ball dead center? Yeah, just put it in man, it's not that difficult. For anyone outside England, that is.
    England always practice penalties before a knock-out game. It's something that comes up every tournament and its something thats been explained every tournament. Its why Kallisto is literally talking nonsense over there and should stop reading The Sun. Players miss penalties, Zidane missed a penalty that won a world cup, it happens, you can score 100 in practice and miss one on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I really question putting two cold subs in on the 119th minute just for PKs, and putting Sancho and Saka in over Grealish.

I also don't like the stop-and-stutter thing they tried to copy Jorginho, because if you have a level-headed GK, it doesn't matter. And that Italian GK had ice in his veins. Even after he won it all after stopping Saka, he just walked away as if nothing had happened.
    It's nonsense, man. When you see stupid shit like that happen, you know they have no mental game. The two subs... utterly useless, they'd cold, they have no feeling in their feet, nor for the pitch. I've never seen anyone sub anyone in except... you know, frickin' Messi just lounged on the bench after coming back from an injury but didn't want playtime or something. It's just... why rob the lads that earned the penalty shootout from the fun of taking part in it?

Also, that stutter stop... I'm sorry, I think you can blame Lewa for that. It's ridiculous, but footballers aren't too bright and copy all kinds of dumb shit. Like that free kick wall thing where one player lies down? Bayern did that as a joke against an inferior opponent, suddenly everyone thinks it's a new secret trick and you have to do it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Gotta love the hypocrisy of the English turning a blind eye to a clear and obvious dive basically getting them into the final, but whenever another team does it it's "disgusting".

Inb4 "but England were better than Denmark" argument. Because that's how sports works right, the best team always wins... oh wait.

I feel bad for Saka, Southgate picking him in the first 5 to take a penalty was a terrible decision.
    Like what is this garbage again? Did England fans play the game against Denmark? What nonsense are you even sprouting? ALL footballers will play for fouls, its part of the modern game and even VAR hasnt stamped it out. And the better team won tonight? What the fuck are you even on about?

15+ Year Old Account
    England should still be proud of the teams achievement. And when emotions chill I think fans will feel just that. And so will all the English players who removed the medal right after they got it.
    And hopefully there aren't too many dumbfuck fans that will spew shit, threats or racist crap.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... we're not doing this to comfort anyone in England. LOL. Pay attention, mate.
    You were replying to a comment about racial abuse and claimed a bunch of hang-ons is going to bother the Daily Heil crew.

Especially when England went further than the people talking shit, riding Italy's coattails isn't going to even register to those people.

Or France, Switzerland and Spain it seems.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.