Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    But according to Golden, she initiated them to give her an important role. she wants to give her this role that she has now.
    got a link for that by any chance?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    got a link for that by any chance?
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...13979698257920

Okay she posted a correction. But this makes it clear that the other Twitter was.
    So if there is a problem that is above Golden. Someone believed that the Forsaken wanted to follow Arthas's sister instead of good that she gave them freedom, nation and a future.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...13979698257920

Okay she posted a correction. But this makes it clear that the other Twitter was.
    So if there is a problem that is above Golden. Someone believed that the Forsaken wanted to follow Arthas's sister instead of good that she gave them freedom, nation and a future.
    It kinda just sounds like she did the same thing that she did with anduin in the Shattering in that she wanted them added to the book not so much that she want's them to ruin the forsaken. Though I could be missing further context.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it humourous for Golden to have claimed that Garrosh lacked a solid core and was easily influenced without realising that it was a subtle condemnation of how poor the writers around him were (including herself) at handling his story especially when we now know as an after thought they couldn't agree on whether they were going to turn him into a villain or heroic character as early as Cataclysm which was mainly explored through the explicit use of mana bombs as story devices in multiple locations all while the character himself was fairly steadfast on his beliefs of advancing the Horde's interests and growing the Orcs power base all the while. Then to compare him to Jaina with her mannerisms at the time and to now know the fates of both characters shows how little she has understood them. Oh but she doesn't really care about them now as I'm sure she's incubating her Calia.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

It kinda just sounds like she did the same thing that she did with anduin in the Shattering in that she wanted them added to the book not so much that she want's them to ruin the forsaken. Though I could be missing further context.
    No, but maybe he's confused by my English and arrogance.
    She hinted in another tweet that Callia was her idea. I did not find Twitter, I found the one that clarifies that she was not the one with the idea. Only he loved the idae.

So if it wasn't her. There is someone above her who made that decision.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, but maybe he's confused by my English and arrogance.
    She hinted in another tweet that Callia was her idea. I did not find Twitter, I found the one that clarifies that she was not the one with the idea. Only he loved the idae.

So if it wasn't her. There is someone above her who made that decision.
    Calia First showed up in legion before golden was even hired by blizzard so it couldn't have been her idea. with the way the tweet you linked is phrased it seems more like that she saw her in legion and then wanted to push her into the book like she did with anduin.

Calia First showed up in legion before golden was even hired by blizzard so it couldn't have been her idea. with the way the tweet you linked is phrased it seems more like that she saw her in legion and then wanted to push her into the book like she did with anduin.
    When we talk about Calia. We mean undead Calia. No to just this.

Now if we are going to debate whether it was Golden's Idea, whether it was her idea or not is another issue.
    If we assume that she is not lying then it was not her idea. She came out to clarify that it was not her idea.

PS: Then there is that her novel has little to do with the world of WoW that we know (Warguens with a tail. Renegades police state). And there I find it hard to believe that it is someone else's mistake.

7+ Year Old Account

Now if we are going to debate whether it was Golden's Idea, whether it was her idea or not is another issue.
    If we assume that she is not lying then it was not her idea. She came out to clarify that it was not her idea.

PS: Then there is that her novel has little to do with the world of WoW that we know (Warguens with a tail. Renegades police state). And there I find it hard to believe that it is someone else's mistake.
    Ah if its just undead calia and it wasn't her idea then they were likely gonna do it some where else and she pushed to let her write it in the book instead.

as to the book it self ya it's not great on lore accuracy I have no idea how they didn't have some one go over it to find such flops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh has weak core? Probably the most stubborn character in fiction itself? Isn't Garrosh biggest problem he refuse to listen to anyone who isn't Garrosh?
    And Jaina whose personality changes after a morning coffee is stable? Did she at least say which exp she was stable? More accurate which patch of which exp, probably Legion since she didn't exist in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Well, I totally believe that this thread was made with zero biases and only good intentions.
    If she did say that in an interview, it shows serious problem in writing team, how the fuck did they get that idea? Doesn't she play wow or at least know some of its lore, she wrote a lot about it, or should been?

- - - Updated - - -

also christie first book is rise of the horde, a book that predates wow itself, so she was hired long before wow was playable in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Ah if its just undead calia and it wasn't her idea then they were likely gonna do it some where else and she pushed to let her write it in the book instead.

as to the book it self ya it's not great on lore accuracy I have no idea how they didn't have some one go over it to find such flops.
    The same at the end of the day are those books that are not cannon at all.
    It seems that it is a fight between the writers.

Now you make me think. Maybe Golden is one of those who want Sylvanas good and that's why in the book Sylvanas doesn't want to go to war she just wants to hide in a dark cave (Undercity) and will stay alive.

But back to the topic. Golden is unlucky that Blizzard put her as the "face of writers." I think every time a fan bitches her. Someone at blizzard says "excellent the plan worked".

Garrosh was indeed fragile and influencable,but yeah saying that Jaina is strong and all that stuff just isn't true. At least not post Theramore bombing

7+ Year Old Account
    The same at the end of the day are those books that are not cannon at all.
    It seems that it is a fight between the writers.

Now you make me think. Maybe Golden is one of those who want Sylvanas good and that's why in the book Sylvanas doesn't want to go to war she just wants to hide in a dark cave (Undercity) and will stay alive.

But back to the topic. Golden is unlucky that Blizzard put her as the "face of writers." I think every time a fan bitches her. Someone at blizzard says "excellent the plan worked".
    I wouldn't be surprised given that no one seems to check the books them having writers not checking what goes in game and what goes in a book makes sense.

Christie Golden is a dogshit writer, who spent a large proportion of the Arthas book writing slash fiction.

The last good WoW related book I read was the Illidan book by William King, because he's a decent fantasy writer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    As for Arthas, yes. Arthas took the wheel and killed Ner'zhul and in the new lore defied the Blue Man, snarking at every threat put in his way so he could be King. It's what made him an enjoyable character to follow in TFT.
    lol wut? Your reason for him being enjoyable in TFT didn't exist until much later.

The problem is the community.
    Instead of just enjoying the story and the settings, you demand it be done exactly how you want, without any admission that you are one of a million people who wants it a different way.

Stop being so critical of the writing and just take it for what it is.
    The sooner you do, the sooner you can get back to enjoying the game, or if it is truly so offensive, moving on, and letting others enjoy it as it is.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Various things.
    Imagine simping so hard for Blizzard. 2 cents have been deposited in your account.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-12 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I stumbled upon this interview from Christie Golden upon characters like Garrosh and Jaina. It perfectly shows on what the writers think is so out of touch with the portrayal ingame.

Full interview: https://www.engadget.com/2012-08-21-...ie-golden.html

Apparently Garrosh has a weak core, and his opinions change on the moment. He is not headstrong and stubborn. He is very weak and influenceable.

Where as Jaina:

Yes, as you see, Jaina has a very strong core. She does not change moods or opinion as often.

This was an interview during MoP.
    This was during a time where Jaina had to be stopped from flooding Orgrimmar, where she murdered innocent Blood Elves in Dalaran.
    This was "stable Jaina" that ruined peace talks between the Alliance and the Blood Elves.

And yeah, at that time we didn't know how headstrong Garrosh was going to be. But he doesn't seem very weak considering his last cinematic.

This perfectly portrays how out of touch some writers are. How does this even happen? Just how?
    Maybe Blizzard needs to come to face with how delusional the writers are with the portrayal of characters presented ingame.

This is so fucking bad.
    LOL it's like if you swap Jaina with Garrosh it makes sense but Garrosh has a weak core? His opinion changes on the moment? He is not headstrong or stubborn? Bitch he died preaching his beliefs. That's what we call headstrong and stubborn with a STRONG CORE. Christie Golden is the problem here lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Christie Golden is a dogshit writer, who spent a large proportion of the Arthas book writing slash fiction.

The last good WoW related book I read was the Illidan book by William King, because he's a decent fantasy writer.
    that's trolling, since Illidan is worst book in wow ever lore-wise, it has so many wrong lore problems that it isn't funny
    it isn't even retcon, just flat out ignorance of someone who never played wow and just writing about it, to name few many of Akama actions don't fit wow lore, Maeiv missing Teldrassil when that tree was planted literally after she fucking left Azeroth itself, and so on
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    The problem is the community.
    Instead of just enjoying the story and the settings, you demand it be done exactly how you want, without any admission that you are one of a million people who wants it a different way.

Stop being so critical of the writing and just take it for what it is.
    The sooner you do, the sooner you can get back to enjoying the game, or if it is truly so offensive, moving on, and letting others enjoy it as it is.
    we demand constancy, that's is basic in any series, i just gave example of a book done by a shithole of writer who doesn't even care ABC about nelfs
    When u write about Garrosh and Jaina, then claim exact opposite of their personalities, heck she wrote jaina in prelude to cata and she wrote before the storm, is jaina the same in both?
    Then again she showed she doesn't know what she writes about ages ago when she shit on her own writing with Garrosh gorehowl story, she literally wrote how he got it only to ignore it later because who gives a fuck, surely not blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Imagine simping so hard for Blizzard. 2 cents have been deposited in your account.
    Bobby Kodick would cut u to pieces and sell each part alone in auction before he ever gives a single cent to anyone but himself, simps do it for free, Bobby made satan himself feel the most generous guy to ever exist with his infinite greed, or aleph naught maybe more accurate to describe Kodick greed
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the problem is the players, too many forget that none of these characters are real. The ones you like are written by the same people who write the ones you hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Maybe the problem is the players, too many forget that none of these characters are real. The ones you like are written by the same people who write the ones you hate.
    Do you also blame someone who wants to send his plate back because it has the chef's hair in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/