Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Lol so you’re upset because I add historical context? Sounds like privilege rage.
    Mind answering? Liberia exists for people like you, why don't you go? Because USA is too good a life for you, that's why. Yet you will continue to complain and insult the USA all you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Mind answering? Liberia exists for people like you
    Fairly telling that "Go Back to Africa" is your immediate kneejerk when someone criticises the fact the US started as a tax dodge scheme by white slaveholders. It's not like George and Martha Washington climbed the bridge of heaven and formed the US from the waters that drip from Washington's spear when he dips it in the sea or something.

Hint: If you don't like that being the case maybe you should work harder to distance modern America from its disgraceful past and make it something worth celebrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Fairly telling that "Go Back to Africa" is your immediate kneejerk when someone criticises the fact the US started as a tax dodge scheme by white slaveholders. It's not like George and Martha Washington climbed the bridge of heaven and formed the US from the waters that drip from Washington's spear when he dips it in the sea or something.

Hint: If you don't like that being the case maybe you should work harder to distance modern America from its disgraceful past and make it something worth celebrating.
    It is worth celebrating. As I pointed out, liberals, BLM and people like you are in no hurry to leave and people just want to come here. You understand that many slaves we sold to Europeans by fellow Africans? You understand "Native Americans" traveled to America over a land bridge, killed each other and wiped out whole species? All humans do these things, Europeans were just the best as it..
    You think if African or "Native American" people were given the power they wouldn't have done the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    It is worth celebrating. As I pointed out, liberals, BLM and people like you are in no hurry to leave
    Oh, for my part I've already got my passports renewed and ready to go if 2024 looks like America's gonna go full fash. But that's a luxury I happen to have and is not available to most.

As for other people, that's largely explicable as a function if it being expensive to leave or, you know... The belief that society is perfectible even if it is not currently so. I.e. they want to make it a place worth celebrating.

You understand that many slaves we sold to Europeans by fellow Africans? You understand "Native Americans" traveled to America over a land bridge, killed each other and wiped out whole species? All humans do these things
    Which does not make them okay, so I'm curious why you've brought this nonsense up besides as a silly attempt at Whataboutism.

You think if African or "Native American" people were given the power they wouldn't have done the same?
    Man you are *really* desperate to try and interpret opposing exploitation and oppression as synonymous with hating Europeans just because they're Europeans, huh? Rofl. If they had done the same, they'd be subject to the same criticism. But they didn't.

Instead we get the pleasure of being told off for "disrespecting the flag" by not standing during the anthem by people whose sweaty balls are being cupped by underwear printed with that exact flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't people just spend one day a year grilling and launching fireworks instead of nagging and bitching? Boggles my mind

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Why can't people just spend one day a year grilling and launching fireworks instead of nagging and bitching? Boggles my mind
    Most of us don’t have our heads shoved up our asses so placating with wieners and football doesn’t work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is closed before it gets messier.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."