Made an account 2 weeks ago and haven’t looked back. Healing on a white mage and having fun for the first time in a long time.

Why are people honestly engaging a guy clearly just coming into this thread to attack the game and not actually looking for a conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Meeh.
    I only got 12.9K at max settings in the benchmark. ._.
    Lol. I got 9k on High(laptop) with my GTX 1050. But it still runs pretty smoothly for me. Sure I won't get some of the crispy details that Max offers but It hardly ever goes below 30 fps.

For comparison. PSO2NG runs like dogshit on my pc. I would have to play it on the lowest settings and I'm not doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Why are people honestly engaging a guy clearly just coming into this thread to attack the game and not actually looking for a conversation?
    I see you're new here lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Just one last question: Is free to play or I need a subscription?

Because if it needs a subscription is clearly going out of my SSD. Otherwise, i would keep it for my cousin, he seems to like it.
    You really seem to hate the game, why the fuck are you still here? hoping to get that post count up or something?

Gona be hard not to fantasia my aura girl into a bunny boy using the same color scheme for their face.

Huge Gallery of Artifact Gear + Dye and Weapons No Paladin but you can see it in details in the benchmark.

After watching them here in more details, I really love all of them. The weapons are fantastic.

Probably my favorite AF for each jobs to be honest (something I certainly couldn't say for all the precedent batches of AF).

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Not feeling the Gunbreaker gear... Maybe it looks better in game
    It's really bad. Thankfully there is glamour

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I doubt im going to stop using my FFXII archadian judge armor anyway, but still
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I don't want to sound toxic, but i tried this game yesterday....and damn, it was BAD. Super BAD!. Everything on this game was bad. From the character creation, classes, cinematics, no voice acting for quests, quests, story, the "looks", everything!.

Why are people moving to this game?. This game is beyond bad. I remember playing the old FF games from Snes, but this game is just garbage.

ElderScrolls Online is far better than FF14 in all ways. I cant believe people are playing this....
    It's okay to not like something, you don't have to. I mean I really didn't like BDO but a lot of people do so it's probably a good game. However I don't think that it's fair to pass judgement on any MMORPG after only a day of playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys actually get it, that he is just doing it for the money right? for the viewers....
    I don't see that guy playing FF14 on his spare time or even actually "enjoining" the story. He cant say negative things about that game, because is clear that he is going to lose viewers. That is why i never see guys like him, its all about popularity and easy money. Is just fake....
    He's not that good an actor. It's really hard to fake that kind of enjoyment consistently for hours upon hours day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Gona be hard not to fantasia my aura girl into a bunny boy using the same color scheme for their face.
    I haven't downloaded the benchmark yet to play around with Viera customization, but I already love the boys more than the girls. I wanted to make one that looked like like Jote (Fran's sister) from FFXII, but the female faces are all wrong for it from what I've seen.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I mean, its up to them if they like FF14, i just think is super bad. Compared to the other MMOs out there. Why I'm trying to get from this thread is the reason why people like it, because maybe i missed something. But from what i was able to play, it is simply not for me. Just the visuals on this game gets me tired of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Another reason i disliked the game, after spending 10min creating the character, i wasnt able to play. I got in queue. Like wtf!.
    Dont worries dude, plenty of people hate the aesthetic. If it helps, you get used to it. Think of it like playing... um... dragon age: origins. It looks BUSTED nowadays (i could have used mass effect 1 until the legendary revamp - also, yes, i understand mods exist, but pure neutral, its a washed out mess). But damn, if you get completely bugged out by the aesthetics... what an adventure/game youre gonna miss. But you hate the general gameplay as well...

ooooh, if i said: 'Trust me, it gets better' it feels like a hard sale when you already hate the aesthetics as well. For me, it was all these cute quirky mobs in the world (and cute quirky characters) that sucked me in. I like hyper cute things. But then they dump mechs, scifi and technobabble on my head and im so happily confused about this weird universe, i have to figure out how it all pieces together. And spoilers im still confused, asmon said it best, its star wars... its basically return of the jedi if i can push the point, its ewoks versus the empire as far as i can see - speaking exclusively of ARR story. If you watched jedi and thought it was pure trash that screwed the landing, you might never enjoy it, if you just enjoy a ridiculously silly spectacle, its super fun. But its ewoks. Ewoks are a thing in this universe. So is the force. So is the empire and darth vadar; asmon is pretty much spot on here

Anyways, if you hate it for gameplay, then theres literally no reason to push forward. If you hate the aesthetics, no worry, we can all suspend disbelief (papers please is one of the highest rated games of all time), but if you hate the actual gameplay loop... i'd just venture off elsewhere. New world is out soon if wow isnt scratching your itch. And i think ESO just released another expansion just over a month ago? Oh, and its also my happy place mmo: the secret world.

Youll barely see another player in game. The combat is also repetitive and scuffed, but it deserves so much more attention than it got for its very mature (r/im14andthisisdeep) story. Try that if you have the time. Its aesthetics, questing (the best in mmos and even sprpgs) and storyline. Everyone should play through at least the starting zone. Its dark.

ETA: Any queue less than 100 will be resolved in about a minute.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-07-12 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOW the cinematics were bad?
    Should i start with the children race? or the "School girl" uniform or...the "Halloween Witch" costume that the mages are using? I'm talking about the Intro Cinematic that is in a battlefield in the night. Not only the armor/weapons + spells or other abilities being used on the game looks boring and nothing new from what you have already seen on other games, is just turn from being awesome to weird and stupid. Or what about the "battle chickens" they use as mounts....I can keep going like over and over again.
    Well what you see is all taken from the very old Final Fantasy franchise.
    "Battle chickens" have been there since the beginning, so have the class armor themes (red/white gown for White Mage, "Halloween costume" for Black mage etc).
    It's an aesthetic fans of the genre expect, if it's not to your liking, that's okay. Hey, I dislike some of the sets myself, and I, in general, like Final Fantasy.
    Art always polarizes people.

If you actually were an ancient gamer, you would have the wisdom to know that and not call something "garbage" just because you disagree with the artistic vision. To me, you sound like an immature kiddo.

Funny you should mention WoW's set designs, imho they went to the toilet after TBC because most of it became: muted colors, large stitches, metal looking like stone, primitive and tribal. Meeh. Exceptions are few and far in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Lol. I got 9k on High(laptop) with my GTX 1050. But it still runs pretty smoothly for me. Sure I won't get some of the crispy details that Max offers but It hardly ever goes below 30 fps.
    *chuckles*
    I mostly stick to 60FPS, hovering around 30 only happens in cities. I play with Re-Shade for better AA and nicer colors too.
    At 1080p my 1070 GTX handles it just fine in actual combat situations. Honestly I don't feel that the requirements have changed much since the last benchmark.

- - - Updated - - -

Small eyes, big forehead, the "Human" cat woman, the guy that looks like Ganon from Ocarina of Time and the "children" looking race is super meh. #4 and #6 looks the same, just with different skin color. #2 is a fox race?...wtf is that?
    #2 would be a male Miqo'te. Cat boy, not fox boy.

Lalafell sure are an acquired taste. Great for punting though, just like Gnomes!

Its a PS3 game, and it will always be a PS3 game.
    You can run this perfectly on a shoebox pc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post
    Not at max details, no.
    Sure, it doesn't require a lot of memory but it gets quite CPU intense when a lot of characters are hopping around in cities.

*chuckles*
    I mostly stick to 60FPS, hovering around 30 only happens in cities. I play with Re-Shade for better AA and nicer colors too.
    At 1080p my 1070 GTX handles it just fine in actual combat situations. Honestly I don't feel that the requirements have changed much since the last benchmark.
    They seem to be the same.

- - - Updated - - -

They keep updating it though.

On my old PC, I was running HW content smoothly, SB content not so much. There were clear FPS drops for all the trials in SB compared to HW. SB wasn't on PS3 though so it was clear it was holding it back.

I expect the same to happen once they stop developing for PS4. Which is gonna be for 7.0 most likely.

Not at max details, no.
    Sure, it doesn't require a lot of memory but it gets quite CPU intense when a lot of characters are hopping around in cities.
    But wouldn't taht be true for pretty much any game? Lots of players > lots of stuff to render. But the game sure could use an actual (maybe optional, to not exclude lower end pc players) upgrade to the graphics, since we've long past the PS3 and often time it gets really apparent when clothing has very pixelated patterns and things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    But wouldn't taht be true for pretty much any game? Lots of players > lots of stuff to render. But the game sure could use an actual (maybe optional, to not exclude lower end pc players) upgrade to the graphics, since we've long past the PS3 and often time it gets really apparent when clothing has very pixelated patterns and things like that.
    I think shader wise etc it looks fine but I agree that equipment textures could use a higher resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They seem to be the same.

- - - Updated - - -

They keep updating it though.

On my old PC, I was running HW content smoothly, SB content not so much. There were clear FPS drops for all the trials in SB compared to HW. SB wasn't on PS3 though so it was clear it was holding it back.

I expect the same to happen once they stop developing for PS4. Which is gonna be for 7.0 most likely.
    a polished turd is still a turd. its a PS3 game, running on an engine designed for PS3.
    "console limitations" isnt a meme that sprouted out of nowhere"

The game would benefit from a proper engine overhaul. Maybe we can have zones without instance portals every 10 feet for once

The vast majority of my problems and dislike for this game all stem from the dogshit engine the game uses.

a polished turd is still a turd. its a PS3 game, running on an engine designed for PS3.
    "console limitations" isnt a meme that sprouted out of nowhere"

The game would benefit from a proper engine overhaul. Maybe we can have zones without instance portals every 10 feet for once

The vast majority of my problems and dislike for this game all stem from the dogshit engine the game uses.
    Lmao. How often do you actually walk between zones? Everyone teleports.

Stop with the bullshit of "bait", its not bait, its my opinion ok?.
    The difference between your below post and your original one, I'll drop the bait comment, but surely you can see how if you JUST read your initial post how we all thought it was bait, because it was inflammatory and completely devoid of details, examples or insight. Since you've provided that now I'll respond further below.

HOW the cinematics were bad?
    Should i start with the children race? or the "School girl" uniform or...the "Halloween Witch" costume that the mages are using? I'm talking about the Intro Cinematic that is in a battlefield in the night. Not only the armor/weapons + spells or other abilities being used on the game looks boring and nothing new from what you have already seen on other games, is just turn from being awesome to weird and stupid. Or what about the "battle chickens" they use as mounts....I can keep going like over and over again.

Also why the armor on this game looks so bad? If im not using school girl uniform, i have to use "victorian" looking clothes and armor that looks super weird on asian looking characters. Where are the Weapon/Armor styles i normally see on ESO or WoW?. These designs sucks. I remember that old games like Zelda, Secrets of Mana, breath of fire, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger had good clothing and armor designs and all of these are Japanese, FF14 lacks a lot the elements that makes it a Japanese RPG game (or in this case a MMO with Roleplay aspects)
    Not liking races is fine. I can't stand the Lalafells either. I almost always play "the human race" in any game I play, but their existence doesn't bother me or offend me?

School girl uniform? I'm assuming you're talking about the starting race gear. I can't argue with that, some of them suck, most of them suck, but gear in this game is IMO significantly better. I was able to create some really great looks on my Paladin and even can mix/match/dye off pieces to create a cohesive look. Have you looked at any end game gear from any of the expansions? Try browsing this site https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/gearsets

I don't quite understand the comment about things not looking new or hasn't been done before. I mean it's high fantasy there's going to be a lot of staple elements. There are plenty of interesting weapons in the game, the Heavensward relics really standing out with special energy based animations when unsheathed.

Battle chickens are Chocobos. Literally an iconic Final fantasy staple. I don't even see how they're bad. They're like widely loved and in the game they're awesome. You can dye their color to be unique, and equip them with gear to change their look, and even summon them to fight beside you.

If your entire argument was that the ARR cinematic went from awesome to stupid because it switched from the world ending to the world being reborn, I have to say you didn't quite appreciate the storytelling that was being told. It was literally a world being reborn.

Now, if we go to the WOD cinematic in WoW, at least you can see badass orcs fighting a giant green demon, Grommash face and acting is awesome + Gul'dan too. Or what about cinematic from ESO, the one with the Breton Nightblade, the Altmer Sorc and the Nord Dragonknight, that is awesome too. Fighting Mannimarco and many other races in the game, even the damn Argonians looks awesome.
    All good cinematics. No argument there, but I wouldn't say better or worse than FF14s.